Author Topic: Booking Dilemma!  (Read 10289 times)

Offline Angela66

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Booking Dilemma!
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 08:28:09 AM »
I have no idea what the prices will do moving forward but I can say that my two weeks in Arillas next year are at the best price I have ever had!  First two weeks of summer school hols, from Newcastle at Tria Adelphia for myself and my daughter (therefore classed as two adults - no child prices available when only one adult travelling!) for £950.  Transfers and luggage included.

Bargain

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 11:31:02 AM »
Its a good price but I was gobsmacked when we got our price !  Flights (including luggage) and room for 2 adults one child for 13 days from Manchester 11/8 was £840 !!!  Just need to get the taxi sorted at the other end and the aircon and its job done !  Will come in at about £1000 all in I'd say. I must admit after reading this forum for the last couple of months I haven't looked forward to a holiday as much as this one for years,,, and its still 9 months away !  We will no doubt see you at Tria Adelphia as I think we will cross over for a week?
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Angela66

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 07:56:17 PM »
Hi truth.  Sadly we will be back home by the time you arrive.  We are in Arillas from 23rd July until 6th August.  I also cannot wait.  Due to the excellent price for the holiday we aim to hire a boat, maybe a quad (although the jury is still out on that - I keep hearing bad things).  We should also be able to eat out most evenings - usually we alternate between eating out and in.  It really is fantastically priced for the kids hols and I did not get hit by under occupancy supplements.  There is a low baggage limit of 15 kilo but I am guessing Arillas is casual so the cocktail dresses and heels can remain in England.  Bliss!

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 11:52:34 AM »
Thats a shame we'll miss each other. I think I'll probably leave my cocktail dresses and heels at home as well even though we have 20kgs each, I only tend to wear them in the privacy of our own home !!!!  LOL . Strangely enough the two things you mention that you fancy doing I have been thinking about , the boat hire (first week with the wife and daughter) and the quad (second week while the grandparents take the daughter out). I thought the quad would be a safer bet than a scooter, which we tend to hire out usually, but I am not sure sure now?

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 03:56:10 PM »

[/quote] I thought the quad would be a safer bet than a scooter

Please anyone who usually hires a quad bike check your travel insurance, I read recently that certain companies are re-classing them under 'extreme sports' along with para gliding due to having to pay out for accidents as they have become more popular.
Worthwhile asking before buying the insurance.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 04:42:47 PM »
Good point. Knowing my luck we'll come off the quad and I will sink the boat !

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2011, 05:17:02 PM »
Maybe it won't be long before the only thing our travel insurance will allow us to do is.... 'travel'.
 We will have to insure ourselves in case we want to lie on a sunbed soon.

Val x

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 07:58:49 PM »

I think I remember Viv having some issues about a quad bike accident, she posted in the summer the post was 'Holiday Insurance' It wasn't her or Pete who had the accident though.

Val x

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2011, 10:31:58 PM »
Please remember, if you do not have a licence to ride or drive a particular vehicle in the UK then you will not be insured if you use that type of vehicle abroad, and if you have an accident then you will be liable for the full costs of all damages to vehicles, persons and all other incidentals.
If in doubt use your legs or a taxi.
Enjoy Arillas and only come home with good memories.

ttfn and ride safe. Mick.

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2011, 11:53:35 PM »
It was Clare (aka Smithy/Smiffy?) who had the quad bike accident.  She appears to be OK now but it was an absolutely horrendous accident......

Janis x

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2011, 12:16:28 AM »

Hi Janis, just checked...... in was about Micheal and it was in the post  'Holiday insurance' in July

Val x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2011, 12:18:25 AM »
Hear Hear Mick. There are too many other ways to spend your time in Arillas if you bother to try. I have read too many sad stories about accidents and injuries on scooters and quads.

If you get bored in Arillas, just say hello to someone. Smile and say kalimera to everyone. Invite them for a drink in Ammos, or anywhere. Share your stories, your life and your friendship. They will have more to say than you do, believe me. Before you know it, you will be inviting them to dinner at your UK home a few months later. Forget about being labelled as shy, this place will connect you and look after you. And make it easy for you, if you make the effort and let it do so.

What we need is drinker-friendly local buses to take people further afield at affordable fares. It won't bother Jen and me, because so far we have been totally satisfied being in Arillas itself for four uninterrupted weeks at a time. Roda? Where is that? Corfu?

Phil

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2011, 12:49:16 PM »
We just like to jump on the bike , have a ride into the mountains and stop in a couple of Kafenions in the villages.........  Never had an accident yet but then again I had never fell off my push bike on the way into work until last week either !  lol

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2011, 07:02:47 PM »
im a scooter maniac ..as phil/jen and many know ,have it for the duration of me holiday ,,and boy do i get about ,,as of yet no accidents ,so fingers crossed,but the greek roads are,of a bad way .and with there economics the way it is ,i cant see them getting any better ,,so lets all take care ,yiammas..x

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2011, 09:05:13 PM »
You can,t beat a scooter Kev we also usually hire 1 to get around although i would never go into Corfu town on a scooter but the north west coast from Arillas down to Dassia is a great sight seeing run
Tony

Booking.com