Author Topic: Some helpful info for those that need a cashpoint etc  (Read 46654 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Some helpful info for those that need a cashpoint etc
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2011, 09:12:07 PM »
Stay John. Yous and we are worth more than all this. It will blow over. It has before.

Sadly Facebook offers an alternative and many use it. I do too. But the personal stuff will only start on there if we desert our forum. Some of it has has already.

To quote one of my divas -
Don't say what you're about to say
Look back before you leave my life
Be sure before you close that door
Before you roll those dice....

I am serious John.
take care of our Dot
Phil

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2011, 12:18:32 PM »
"Sadly Facebook offers an alternative and many use it"

Phil facebook is no substitute for the forum and doesn't offer the information, advise that people ask for.  Dimitris does a brilliant job running the forum and the number of members has just grown and grown. 

I do think John and Riggers will be back as well as any other member who has recently decided not to log on for a while. 

Personally I think the bus is a brill idea and I'm sure we will be using it in September.  Would rather catch a bus to Sidari than walk which we have previously done ha ha.  Wish I had learnt to drive now, one of my regrets.  This thread was useful for the time table etc, thanks to Mike for that, just wish there wasn't as many arguments at the moment.

Jill x
Jill XXX

ceefacts

« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2011, 04:06:32 PM »
Right due to a couple of members on here feeling the need to send me a private message i will make myself clear to everyone ..............

I started this post as I thought it was something all the forum members would be interested and incase they had missed the previous posts by other members. In my naivity I didnt think it would cause so many problems , all i did was moan that it had been moved and I personally didnt think it would get the exposure where it ended up . There are far too many people on here that jump as soon as they think someone is doing something against 'Their' precious Arillas ..... Well I first came to Arillas in the early 90's and have been a regular visitor ever since , I have loads of friends in various bars and tavernas and because there never seems to be enough to get round all them there are certain people I havent met or sat and had a chat with.
My post doesnt moan about how the forum is run , Yes I do think Dimitri does a good job ..... and sometimes I dont agree with whats done or said , but unless I have something constructive to say I keep quiet.
Today a certain member emailed me to blame me that more people were leaving the site , obviously im sorry to see them go , but all I did was defend my point of view .... and for 12 hours I think I did it well ...... I put up with comments I didnt like because there were members that saw my view the same way and supported me in what I was trying to do ...... by the end of that day my patience had run out , and when people stopped being constructive about the subject I did bite back , I was fed up by that time that something that had started out as a very helpful post had been turned into such a debarcle by the bickering Cliques that do exist ...... Surely all of you should be supportive of anything that will benefit your two weeks a year of heaven instead of running things down or not even reading more than the two previous posts .... the post starts at the beginning so if you want to comment read it all !!!!
This is where I'm going to leave this now as my last comment on it , as all the crap ive had to deal with has left a very very bitter after taste . THE BUS IS A GOOD THING AND NEEDS AS MUCH EXPOSURE AS POSSIBLE !!!!!

Mike , News at 10 ....... sitting on a bar stool

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2011, 04:20:18 PM »
Let's all hope that this is now the end to all the bickering.

Arillas is a fantastic place, its people are wonderful and friendly, and we all share the same goal - to promote Arillas and to enjoy our time there.

Enjoy, people!

Janis x

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2011, 05:41:21 PM »
Hope I didn't trigger anything else off, its a brill idea, I appreciated the time table and will be using the bus in Sept.

Jillx
Jill XXX

ceefacts

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2011, 07:20:59 PM »
Its ok Jill , i didnt mind your post at all .... i had just had private messages sent to me personally that i didnt appreciate ...... one thing i will ask though is when you come home can you write a review on the service for everyone ..... I for one will look forward to reading it.

Many thanks for your support

Mike 

Offline Paul & Denise

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2011, 07:25:16 PM »
I hope it is running at the end of Sept and early October. It will mean that the girls will go window shopping somewhere, leaving us behind to spend MORE money in the bars!!! bring it on.
Paul

Offline judet1415

« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2011, 07:28:54 PM »
mike..
I just wanted to say..the info you have given would have been a great help to me..I have just come back from Arillas, we had our resort bus tickets delivered to our accommodation but we never used them we didn't see a bus or anything for 2 weeks. I think more needs to advertised locally around the resort to tell people about this new service, where bus stops are etc.... everyone should welcome it.
I dont post very often on the forum, I hope I haven't opened a can of worms again..

ceefacts

« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2011, 07:29:16 PM »
See .....every cloud has a silver lining lol !!

ceefacts

« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2011, 07:33:33 PM »
Thanks for posting Judet , all comments are useful to make this a success

Offline Angela66

« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2011, 07:56:03 PM »
Hi all, I'm a newbie to the forum with my first visit to Arillas scheduled next year.  I wouldn't worry about the arguments on this thread, it certainly wouldn't put me off.  In fact it simply makes me want to visit even more!  Especially as many of the people visiting the resort (Spanish) I was unfortunate enough to go to this year probably couldn't have strung enough words together to post in a forum!

Keep up the good work!

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2011, 08:28:10 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Angela66!

Where will you be staying in Arillas next year?
We'll be at Horizon Hotel in October this year and have booked for Kaloudis in May next year.

WE LOVE ARILLAS!!

We had a week in Torremolinos in January, and although we enjoyed the hotel and the food, we said "it isn't Arillas!"  Of course we knew it wouldn't be, but feel we've been spoiled now for anywhere else!

Janis x

Offline coys

« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2011, 08:43:45 PM »
I also was not going to post on here again after some of the comments on here against a member trying to help new guests on the forum. To send him personal mails to say members are leaving because he started this post is quite unfair and these people  are not a true reflection of the many helpfull members.    Rant over.
Hi Angela welcome to the forum. We are not all bad and you will love Arillas. As you can see some of us are quite passionate about the place.
It is nice to see a of lot of new members posting to say how helpful this thread is and willing to support the bus service while a lot of regular posters seem reluctant to support this thread.
Barry.      

ceefacts

« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2011, 10:12:33 PM »
Everybody on the forum is here for the best of Arillas and to help everyone have the best experience possible .... so we welcome newbies with open arms 

Offline Angela66

« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2011, 10:53:24 PM »
My daughter and I are staying at the Tria Adelphia for two weeks next July August (first two weeks of school holidays) so this bus services will be fantastic for us!  We were in Kassioppi last year and it was the best holiday we have ever had, except for the pebble beach will killed our feet!  When I saw arillas therefore, it seemed perfect; quiet like Kassioppi but sandy beach and shallow water - heaven!  This year we did Salou and then Fuengirola - never again!  Give me a quiet village, some friendly eating places, a few people to chat to and I am in Paradise!

Booking.com