Author Topic: Kokkinos for £77 - and buses on a Sunday  (Read 9171 times)

Offline argyle_mikey

Kokkinos for £77 - and buses on a Sunday
« on: July 27, 2011, 09:59:04 PM »
Evening all - first time poster (and first time visitor to Arillas) here...

We arrive via Easyjet around lunchtime on Sunday 25/9 and need to find the cheapest possible way to get to Arillas.  I'm guessing that's a bus to Paleo and a taxi from there or (more convenient) a shared 55 euro taxi from the airport.  How much would option 1 cost ?  Please don't suggest we hire a car - it really isn't an option this time round !

We're also looking for some cheap and cheerful accommodation.  We can get Kokkinos Studios for £77 total for the week.  That's obviously a wonderful price - can someone just reassure me that it's ok there.

Finally - how much is a large beer in town please ?

That's all.  Many thanks.

Mike

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Kokkinos for £77 - and buses on a Sunday
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 10:44:51 PM »
Mike sounds like you have a fab time planned!! Really would bite the bullet and do taxi, share or no share. There will be plenty of people I'm sure that can advise on Kokinos. That's an an amazing price for a week!! Arillas will NOT let you down, and Welcome to the forum x

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 10:46:50 PM »
Alexandros studios are also very well priced at 20 euro a day and have excellent reports on here. Check out the accomm pages x

Offline Jaz

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
  • Stop War, Make Peace.
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 11:00:39 PM »
Hi Mike.... I agree with Jo.....taxi for 55 euro....you can book it on here and the return............large beer most places 2.5 Euro's, coconut had a promotion on in June that could well be ongoing ( the people out there at the moment might know) at 2 euros a go.
Hope this helps,
Regards, Jaz.

Offline argyle_mikey

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 11:08:15 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  I just can't get my head round paying more for taxis than for a week's accommodation - 110 euros on transport would get us to and from Paxos !

At least beer prices are good. Looking forward to our trip very much...

Mike

Offline Jaz

• Stop War, Make Peace.
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 11:17:10 PM »
Mike, put your dates on the taxi share post on here,,, you might get lucky.
Jaz.

Maggie

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 12:09:29 PM »
I don't think you have any worries regarding Kokkinos. The apartments are very well looked after. It's been a bit quiet there this year, as they've not got a contract with tour ops any longer, and haven't been able to advertise availability yet.

I hope that next year will be busy for them tho.

Offline hippopotandmouse

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 12:24:33 PM »
We stayed at Kokkinos in May, on our first visit to Arillas. The accommadation is the usual Greek, but very clean, and lovely and quiet......usually just hear the chickens, and goat! It's about a 10 minute stroll to the beach, passing a couple of tavernas along the way ( Vasillas does great food ). We stayed in a downstairs studio for 2, which had a kitchenette, shower room and good sized bedroom opening out onto a balcony. The owners are lovely, very friendly, and stayed up for us when we arrived at about half past midnight. I hope you have a good time.

Offline argyle_mikey

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 02:27:33 PM »
Thanks to all. Sounds like nice accommodation for a good price in a pleasant resort.  We normally go to places like Loggos, Naxos Town etc. but are happy to try the beach holiday this year, especially at these prices.

Arillas does seem to have a loyal bunch of visitors, so hopefully newbies are welcome too !

Just need to sort that transport issue.  Thanks for the tip re the shared taxi, will sort that a little nearer the time.

Mike

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 02:59:17 PM »
Newbies are always welcome, Mike!  The apartment will be fine, we've stayed there a couple of times.

I hope you get a taxi share sorted - minibus could be cheaper if you can get a few to share.
Cheryl O

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 03:02:32 PM »
We always opt for the taxi option, quick and easy. 

You will love Arillas and thats an excellent priced for accommodation, had to look twice at it

Jill x
Jill XXX

Offline argyle_mikey

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 06:05:54 PM »
Jill,

Trust me, I love quick and easy as much as the next holiday maker.  More so in fact.  But this time that's simply not an option.  Put bluntly, if I don't find an alternative to spending 110 euros on taxis then we simply won't be coming.

I will though, there's always an alternative - hence the original question about the cost of a taxi from Paleo, or somewhere else we can get a bus to on Sunday.

Can anyone assist on that ?

Many thanks

Mike

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 08:26:29 PM »
Hi Mike a taxi from Paleo to Arillas is 50 euro's as i had to get one from there last year when i knackered mi back up
Hope you find something and i'm posotive you will love Arillas
Tony

Offline BBB

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2011, 09:48:26 AM »
I wouldn't advise going via Paleo as the best road there takes you almost back to Corfu Town unless you go through the mountain villages. The price will be almost as much as the taxi from the airport.
Can you get a bus to San Stefanos NW which is almost walkable or Sidari where you could get a taxi.
Can you ask the appartment owners to arrange transport for you? They might do it themselves or arrange a good taxi price for you.

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2011, 10:14:56 AM »
BBB is right sometimes the apartment owners will come to the airport to pick you up themselves, we have been picked up previously when we have booked independently

Jill x
Jill XXX

Booking.com