Author Topic: Sea Breeze Apartments  (Read 23271 times)

Offline mathsboffin

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Sea Breeze Apartments
« on: May 13, 2011, 12:57:14 AM »
These apartments are coming up on a couple of websites, easyjet holidays and coop travel and seem to have a description of the
Sea Breeze in Agios Gordios.  Does anyone know if the accommodation offered is the one in Arillas or not.  Is the Sea Breeze offering accommodation or not; we walked past last year and I can't remember if they were up and running, but we did eat many times at the lovely taverna.  There aren't any recent threads about this accommodation in Arillas. Any clues anybody.  Considering a quick week for May half-term, if the price is right!!
Sharon

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: Sea Breeze Apartments
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 01:03:48 AM »
Sea Breeze in Arillas has had a considerable facelift this year. I was there last week and it had all had a coat of paint and there was a lot of work going on there. It wasn't open last week and I have no idea if it's the one you are refering to.
Sandy x

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 01:17:51 AM »
mathsboffin,

if this link works, check the photo in easyjets holiday that is on display, if this photo is the one that you saw then it is Sea Breeze in Arillas and I wish Yiannis  all the best for the coming season.

http://holidays.easyjet.com/HolidayResults.aspx

Sandy I am happy to read what you have had to say.

Arriving in just over 5 weeks. Mick.

Offline mathsboffin

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 01:21:27 AM »
The photos seem to match the one in Agios Gordios, but the one of the taverna doesn't. But the pools look very similar to each other.  I just don't know.  I have email EJ and will put their response on here when I get it.   I would hate to arrive at the wrong one!
Sharon

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 10:12:34 AM »
I've just looked on the website and it is now saying Sea Breeze in Arillas and as you say, the pool looks very like theirs. I think it has to be the one we know in Arillas.
Sandy x

Offline Geoff

• Corfiotophile
  • Arillas Addict
    • http://www.geoff-and-sue.freehighway.net
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 11:25:27 AM »
I can confirm that the picture on the Easyjet website IS of the pool at the Sea Breeze apartments in Arillas - I TOOK IT !
It was taken in June 2004 and I put it on a website with many others of the Sea Breeze and Arillas - take a look at :
http://www.sea-breeze-corfu.freehighway.net
Its not the world best website, but I think the pictures are not bad. Click on the thumbnail for "Arillas Bay Apartments" (you may have to scroll down a bit to see it) then click on the pool picture for a larger version - it opens in a new browser window so you may have to set your browser to allow "pop-ups" from the site.
For those of you who remember Yiannis father Thomas you will find a nostalgic picture on the "Sea Breeze Taverna" page. (Sorry, there is no "menu" on the site so to get back to the main page you will have to click the "back" button on your browser.)

Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Offline mathsboffin

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 03:25:14 PM »
Much better size of photos thanks Geoff.  Currently EJ are looking into it - I am in conversations with them as I write.    I suspect library pictures have been of Arillas Sea Breeze (Geoff's) and the description and mapping is for Ag Gordios Sea Breeze.  The accommodation on offer is a 2 bed apartment and describes some apartments as having jacuzzis, which the Sea Breeze in Ag Gordios definitely has.  EJ's supplier for this accommdation actually is low cost holidays and they are showing identical differences on their website too.  I will keep you updated.
Sharon

Offline mathsboffin

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 03:16:18 PM »
I have now had confirmation over the phone by Easyjet that the apartments offered are definitely the ones in Arillas and not Agios Gordios.  I wonder when the the website will be updated.  Thank you for everyone's contributions.
Sharon

Offline Big Kev

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 12:21:22 AM »
Just returned from Arillas last week. Stayed at the Mathraki Studios, 3rd time there, Niko and family are wonderful, can't do enough for you. We've been to Arillas for the past 12 years and stayed many times with Yanni at the Arillas Bay appartments, we remember when they were call the Thomas appartments, but I digress, First day there, as usual, we tour the village saying hello to all our friends we have made there over the years, so imagine our supprise when we went to see Yanni and his mom and found that the Sea Breeze bar & grill was no longer. I say no longer, it was still there, but had had a face lift and it is now called the Vinceremo Grill bar. We were told that Yanni has now rented the resturaunt out and that the appartments were being let to the local workers. Not 100% sure about this but we saw no signs of any holiday guests comming in or out of the appartments. Perhaps some one can verrify this as they were such big and lovely appartments with fantastic views from the balconies, i would hate to think that we would not be able to go and stay there ever again.

Offline Simon Wyett

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 11:29:13 AM »
some of yannis's apartments are being rented to locals but the rest were with a Scanadnavian company. I am not sure what his plans are for next year, when I see him I will ask him.

Offline joer

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2014, 06:46:25 PM »
I was past there last year and it had changed it's name, as I liked to go there when it was the Sea Breeze?

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2014, 01:11:03 PM »
Lots of work going on there last week,
Pool being prepared and vincermos about to open. 

Booking.com