Help us get there!!

Started by Jo Wissett, March 03, 2011, 04:33:58 PM

Jo Wissett

arent you a lovely lot!I will have a gander at all these suggestions and resign myself to NEVER PAYING OFF MY MORTGAGE due to all the add-ons!!

kevin.g

jo
do you think your the only one,,,,do what you have to,,, to enjoy life ,and worry tomorrow,,hope it works out ,xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx..yammas

raff

Check out Flythomascook, deal end mid night.  Cheaper than what I paid 2 weeks ago.  Flights from Birmingham

wetty

Hi Jo,

Just a thought. I know you will have set your heart on the Marinaki, but it might be worth checking out a package deal. A quick check on the net gave me 2 studios to sleep 5 for just over £2000 in Arilas during August. As i said, just a thought.

Regards

Wetty

Jo Wissett

Hi Wetty, I would be paying around the same for Marinaki and flights and the only other apts I have seen as a package for that price are the Christos! No chance could i cope with suicide hill after the Pina coladas I consume!! Cheapest flights i have found so far are around the 13 hundred mark and that is with Thomas Cook.

annemarsh

Hi Jo,

You could try what we've done in the past. Buy a last minute package to anywhere in Corfu and then don't use the accommodation - find your own in Arillas. The reps don't like it but 'tough'!! It can work out a lot cheaper than buying flights only.

Anne

annemarsh

Also,

If you specify 5 ADULTS, instead of a mix of adults and children, for some reason more packages come up on the searches and are usually cheaper.

Val n Bill

You're right Anne... my daughter has booked to go to Crete this summer her children are seven and twelve, she booked three adults and one child, came out nearly £200 cheaper.
In the past she has booked four adults and paid less, you just tell the travel agent your children are travelling as adults as it's only the airline thats needs to know.
                                                                     Val x
The love affair continues.

Jo Wissett

Thats interesting!I will try the adults option and Anne I am also looking at that option but nothing can comeclose just yet.

Eileen

Some good prices Jo on the link I've posted under the Flight Board.  (It all depends how far you are from Luton and if the saving makes up for fuel & parking costs)
Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB

wetty

Hi Eileen,

The prices are definately cheap. The flight times i've looked at in August could be better but if you can put up with them, they might be he answer that Jo is looking for.

Regards

Wetty

Jo Wissett

The August flights from Luton are still a great price but the problem us, it means landing back in Luton around 5am. Although there are cheap Travelodges they wont book in till 12 so would be pointless. Does anyone have any advice? I'm not bothered about a hotel on the way there but definitely want one on the way back. Help!!

Eileen

Hi Jo,

Check in time for Travelodges is any time after 3pm.  I guess for a 5am arrival you would have to pay for the previous day. 

Check out is 12 am but can be extended until 2pm for a £10 fee (payable at time of booking).

Sorry - apart from that I've no suggestions.

Eileen.x
Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB

justphil

Wot?? Our Eileen with no more suggestions????? It probably doesn't exist then.....

Jo luvver, Jen and me have our fingers crossed. So hope it works out. And Eileen luvver, I'll deal with you in July. Hopefully in Ammos with a table groaning under the weight of empty glasses.... Sandy said she would join us. Should be the Arilliac party of the century!!!!

lmao
Phil

Jo Wissett

Thanks Eileen and Phil.  I spoke to Luton Travelodge and they said even if we checked in night before they still couldn't check us in before 12! What madness eh.  So in the time it would take us to finally check in we could be home! (3 and half hours)Looking at the other options the cheapest deal I can get for manchester and  the time period our apts are available is £1333.  Last year I paid £765!! I know the country is in a recession but BLOODY HELL!!!!

Booking.com