Author Topic: Kaloudis Village and dogs  (Read 35511 times)

Offline sunflower

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Kaloudis Village and dogs
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2011, 03:41:40 AM »
Hi Jools,
I've never needed aircon during my visits ( June and Sept.)
but DO take everything needed for the mossies as they can
really be annoying (and don't wear perfume as it attracts them).

Don't worry about the few dogs around, they are all very friendly.

Wishing you a great holiday.
Connie x

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2011, 12:48:11 PM »
We do occasionally go July/August when it is really hot but rarely feel the need for aircon.
I was told some years ago by a local (- can't remember who), that the trick is to keep the shutters closed all day but the windows open. This keeps the sun out but allows the air to circulate, and it seems to work just fine.
We also adopt this technique when we sleep - it keeps the bedrooms cool and allows the mozzies to escape from the plug-in thingies.

Angie

P.S.  Don't worry about the dogs , Jooles. There's only a handful around the village and they're really not a problem.

Offline NicandJohn

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2011, 11:56:11 PM »
Citronella candles seem to work well keeping the mossies away, but you do need to be careful, don't get drunk, fall asleep, knock over the candle, set fire to the table, your hair and the balcony for instance!

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2011, 10:34:43 AM »
Citronella candles seem to work well keeping the mossies away, but you do need to be careful, don't get drunk, fall asleep, knock over the candle, set fire to the table, your hair and the balcony for instance!

:D I knew there was a reason why I don't have candles in my room! :D :D

As for mossies, I  use the plug in mossie repellant in the room and I drown myself in eau de Jungle Formula in the evenings and in the last couple of years NO BITES at all, drunk or sober ;)
Life is good ;)

riggers

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2011, 11:59:25 AM »

As for mossies, I  use the plug in mossie repellant in the room and I drown myself in eau de Jungle Formula in the evenings and in the last couple of years NO BITES at all, drunk or sober ;)

Same as erja....i don't get drunk though....honestly  :)  wheres the nurofen..??  :)

Offline DannyWoop

« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2011, 01:29:49 AM »
Ive been staying at kaloudis with my mum and dad since i was 10 and im nearly 18 and i used to take fivo for walks when he was a puppy when billy first got him, fivo is very friendly, and peri is not dis similar to billy his owner in personality grumpy at times but a softy really.

Offline georgia

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2011, 05:15:07 AM »
Peiri...dog in rear basket is 17!! and just loves a hug! My 2 Jack Russels are 16 and the vet just shakes his head in disbelief whenever they stumble through the door for kennel cough jabs! Child scared of dogs...just introduce him to Peiri...just adorable!

Offline dylan

« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2011, 09:50:22 PM »
We went to Arillas last year for the first time, my wife is terrified of dogs, except our own! as everbody says, the local dogs are well fed and cared for, one even walked with us to the top of Afionas, then left us! after we had fed and watered it! We are returning to Arillas 23rd May, it really is a wonderful place to relax and meet local people, who are so friendly, and the food is good too! hope you have a great time

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2011, 12:16:16 AM »
We arrive at Kaloudis on 20th May, Dylan, so will no doubt see you there!

Janis x

Offline dylan

« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2011, 11:19:05 PM »
Look forward to it, we get in late Monday night, normally go to Malibu for a coffee around 11am, look out for a bald guy, with beard! plus other half!, hair and no beard! x

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2011, 12:28:55 AM »
We often pop in to see Kinga to will no doubt catch up with you both, Dylan!

Janis x

Offline dylan

« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2011, 10:11:47 PM »
We tend to go in later at night after a meal as well Kinga is such a nice girl, George is'nt to bad either!

See you soon.

Booking.com