Author Topic: New to Arillas, going to Hotel Marvel  (Read 6278 times)

Offline gemmalou

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
New to Arillas, going to Hotel Marvel
« on: July 24, 2005, 12:21:51 PM »
Hello there everybody.
Just wondered if anyone could help me. Me and my partner have just booked to go to the Hotel Marvel next july for two weeks. We have never been to this hotel or Arillas. Could anyone tell me what its like??? Is it far from the beach, shops etc? Are there many bars? I know its a quiet resort and im going for a relaxing hol but i like afew drinks!!! Plus im in my early twenties and just wondered if it would suit me?

Thanks for reading my post. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Hotel Marvel / Marvelous
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 03:20:53 PM »
Hi
Under the Accommodation Reviews about 1/2 to 3/4's of the way down on the first page you will find good information on this Hotel. Some people know it as Marvel and others Marvelous. Never stayed there personnally but it looks a very nice place - and a nice flat, 6 minute, walk to the beach, with a supermarket a lot nearer.
You can find a lot of other info about Arillas, its Tavernas etc by having a "good 'ole search" on the forum topics.
Have a good one
Negg

Offline db

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 06:21:17 PM »
hey me n my boyfriend went in june which is probably alot quieter than the time ur goin, we had a brill, we r also early twenties(im 20 to be precise) it is alot quieter than the places ya hav probably been before but ya still manage to get the drinks in, keep the mozzies away  :lol:  there are a few bars open till early hrs in morn if ya fancied it. we usually had dinner late then went back to the pool bar at r apartments as thats were al the ppl stayin there seemed to be. ul defo hav a good time, relaxin but enjoyable. hire a quad for the crack, we went every wer on it,hav fun :lol:  8)

Offline Fiona

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Hotel Marvel
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 08:25:59 PM »
Hi Gemmalou

The Hotel Marvel is a great place to stay and has a lovely pool.  We found it by booking a last minute holiday and now can't imagine going anywhere else!  We have already been for two weeks this year and are going back again at the beginning of August and hopefully again in October.  

There are only 15 rooms so it's very small and really friendly.  It's run by two brothers Spiros and Costas who are fantastic.  You can drink at the bar as long and late as you like - my record was 4am.  :lol:  We find that as the hotel is so small, all the guests seem to mix and get on really well.

There is a supermarket right next door and it's only a 5-7 minute walk to the beach, which is beautiful, and all the other shops, tavernas and bars.

To find out more about Arillas generally, I suggest you read through the posts on the forum as you should find everything you need to know, but just ask the question if you can't find the answer!!  

Fiona

Offline Arron

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 10:40:26 PM »
Hi,

Iv'e never stayed at the hotel Marvel, but have had a drink or 3 in there.  :wink:

The owners are very friendly and will go out of there way to help you if you need it.

There is a supermarket next door and the beach is about a 10 minute walk down a straight road, depending how many ouzo's youv'e had.

Arillas is a beautiful place and there are plenty of bars, there are 2 /3 clubs if you want a bit more of a lively evening Coconut, Malibu Bar and Whispers.

I started going there when i was 20, i'm 32 this year  :shock:  and i still love it.

You'll anjoy yourself, trust me  :wink:

Offline gemmalou

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 03:58:33 PM »
Thanks to you all for replying you are all very kind for sharing your comments and helping me. It sounds like i have made a great choice. Cant wait to go now!!! Just got to save my spending money and wait for next july to come! booooo!! :)

Booking.com