Author Topic: WOULD I GO BACK TO ARILLAS  (Read 28079 times)

ceefacts

Re: WOULD I GO BACK TO ARILLAS
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2010, 03:57:19 PM »
Riggers , you lucky bugger ....... can you tell the lads Mike and Hailey will be back to see them at the end of the month .... yammas , enjoy ya mythos lol

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2010, 04:15:44 PM »
OOOOHHHHHH i am sitting here in the coconut with a lovely ice cool glass of Mythos (sorry peeps) and i am loving every minute of our 10th visit  :)  :D

Yammas.

riggers.

Posts like this should be banned or have a link to the Samaritans telephone number. Do you know how distressing it is to read about such things when you are at work and its dark and dismal outside?

Plus its another 12 weeks to go before a Royal Ionian passes my lips. Tears are dripping over keyboard as I type this reply

I can't take ANYMORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great time John, especially watching the Worldcup over there.

WILL YOU GO BACK TO ARILLAS ????????? :-)

Offline annemarsh

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2010, 04:17:29 PM »
My previous post seems to have got lost.

Mr Curtis, looking back at your posts, it seems that all you ever do is complain.
Have you considered actually doing something about the points mentioned whilst in Arillas, or are you happy with getting the attention for winding people up on the forum?
By the way, we have a septic tank and if we have 2 or more consecutive hot days, it smells! Perhaps you could advise me, and the Greek population, how to prevent this happening?

Anne

Offline annemarsh

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2010, 04:20:09 PM »
lol. Good one Terry

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2010, 04:42:17 PM »
My god, get a grip guys.  Anyway 15 more sleeps and we will be in Arillas.

Amanda x

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2010, 04:51:23 PM »
OOOOHHHHHH i am sitting here in the coconut with a lovely ice cool glass of Mythos (sorry peeps) and i am loving every minute of our 10th visit   

WELL IT LOOKS LIKE RIGGERS HAS HAD THE FINAL WORD ON THIS SUBJECT

Enjoy the holidays Riggers

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2010, 04:53:53 PM »
OOOOHHHHHH i am sitting here in the coconut with a lovely ice cool glass of Mythos (sorry peeps) and i am loving every minute of our 10th visit   

WELL IT LOOKS LIKE RIGGERS HAS HAD THE FINAL WORD ON THIS SUBJECT

Hear hear! I yield the final word on this issue to riggers too ;) Let's put it to bed.
*slightly green with envy and a deep sigh*
Life is good ;)

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2010, 05:44:19 PM »
riggs
ill be there with you tomorrow ,drinking that ice cold mythos...........yammas roll on friday ..........x

Offline mr_ccurtis

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • Cornish Chris
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2010, 06:11:51 PM »
Can we assume by your childish response Chris that everything has to be your way , you raised points , forum members replied ....... we are trying to stop the nasty undertones of this post and you are just carrying things on ..... can we just know the facts of where you stayed etc , that at least will give some us something to work with instead of reading very unhelpful posts. I have to say the two of you (Chris & Terry) are sounding like two kids in a playground ,  Chris you bought the points up in the hope things would get sorted , nothing is getting sorted like this ......

to finish with , if you have nothing helpful or constructive to say ..... zip it !!!!!!
     I  can only assume you didn`t read my last reply to Terry where I called for an end to this debate with a drink posted an hour and half before your personal remarks which are uncalled for and who put you in charge of the playground anyway. Have a nice holiday and I mean most sincerly. chris
CORNISH CHRIS

Offline JennyD

« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2010, 06:12:54 PM »
I am sorry to come in on the end of this subject . We have been to Arillas 9 times, the last time being May this year and think it is lovely. However that is not the point I want to make. When we first visited in 2004 I used the forum before hand to find out useful information about the village. Over the years I have continued to look at the forum and I must admit it seems as if someone posts a slightly negative comment , they are attacked straightaway. Surely everyone is entitled to their opinion without fear of reprisal.
Arillas might not appeal to everyone and it is not without fault. What use woudl Trip Advisor be if people were n to allowed to post their own opinions both good and bad. The Arillas website should primarily be used to impart information about the village itself and not a mini Facebook. When we went this May a couple staying at our apartments said that although they liked Arillas they felt there was far too much of a clique and they felt quite uncomfortable about this.
Jenny

Offline garyr

« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2010, 06:24:44 PM »
Afternoon Folks

Im sitting in my dark office on a dull June day reading all these comments about the place I and my mrs fell in love with 3 years ago on our first visit we have been back 7 times since, we visted in May and we are back again in September for a fortnight. My point is Chris as lots of good points he as raised and I think we all take on board what he as said (everyone is entitled to have their say). My point is this the first time we arrived in Arillas we got to our appts Makris about 10pm it was dark and we thought where the hell are we (it was allocation on arrival last minute thingy) The next morning we woke up opened the doors of the balcony it was raining, we couldnt see the sea and I thought what the hell have we done, So we took a walk hand in hand still after 20yrs of marriage (aww I hear you all say) and we found the beach after walking down a country lane with open gutters in the road part of the road had collapsed the first place we came across was the Sea Breeze and we thought nice spot lets have some breakfast which we did and I went to pay it was 8 euros I only had a 50 euro note on me and the owner said dont worry pay later I must admit i thought hang on this guy doesnt know me from adam and he is trusting me to pay him later he may never see me again (would it happen in UK) anyway we then had the most relaxing week Ive ever had in my life, great food, great people who are not afraid to both trust you and have a conversation with you over a beer or a meal. Long winded I know but what I am trying to say is I dont care about the holes in the road I dont care that there are teh occasional kids on motorbikes racing along the roads I dont even mind paying 6 euros for a b52 for the wife because to us its what life should be like and we should be all thankful we have found this wonderful place and long may we all feel the need to spend our well earned there to support the local people. Here ends the lesson oh yes and COME ON ENGLAND

Offline mr_ccurtis

• Cornish Chris
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2010, 06:47:13 PM »
Afternoon Folks

Im sitting in my dark office on a dull June day reading all these comments about the place I and my mrs fell in love with 3 years ago on our first visit we have been back 7 times since, we visted in May and we are back again in September for a fortnight. My point is Chris as lots of good points he as raised and I think we all take on board what he as said (everyone is entitled to have their say). My point is this the first time we arrived in Arillas we got to our appts Makris about 10pm it was dark and we thought where the hell are we (it was allocation on arrival last minute thingy) The next morning we woke up opened the doors of the balcony it was raining, we couldnt see the sea and I thought what the hell have we done, So we took a walk hand in hand still after 20yrs of marriage (aww I hear you all say) and we found the beach after walking down a country lane with open gutters in the road part of the road had collapsed the first place we came across was the Sea Breeze and we thought nice spot lets have some breakfast which we did and I went to pay it was 8 euros I only had a 50 euro note on me and the owner said dont worry pay later I must admit i thought hang on this guy doesnt know me from adam and he is trusting me to pay him later he may never see me again (would it happen in UK) anyway we then had the most relaxing week Ive ever had in my life, great food, great people who are not afraid to both trust you and have a conversation with you over a beer or a meal. Long winded I know but what I am trying to say is I dont care about the holes in the road I dont care that there are teh occasional kids on motorbikes racing along the roads I dont even mind paying 6 euros for a b52 for the wife because to us its what life should be like and we should be all thankful we have found this wonderful place and long may we all feel the need to spend our well earned there to support the local people. Here ends the lesson oh yes and COME ON ENGLAND
   Thank you vicker yes the people of arillas are wounderfull and most of the brits are too.
CORNISH CHRIS

Offline garyr

« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2010, 06:50:27 PM »
Hi Chris

My next sermon is not due for another 24 hours but thank you for your response if a bit unnecessary.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2010, 06:56:35 PM »
I  can only assume you didn`t read my last reply to Terry where I called for an end to this debate

CHRIS CHRIS CHRIS end it once and for all by not taking the bait

It's getting a bit tiresome now

TIME GENTLEMEN PLEASE

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2010, 07:08:36 PM »
`Would I go back to Arillas ?` lets consider it.
     WOULD I GO BACK TO ARILLAS   YES  OF COURSE   THE PROS OUTWAY THE CONS
We have allready booked another month this year but I feel some of the above items should be rectified health and safety IS important.

Have we all forgotten this part of Chris's posting?
I can relate to this. " THE PROS OUTWEIGH THE CONS "

Young lads on mopeds? - Yep. These guys buy a 49cc moped but want it as noisy as a Harley Davidson so they remove the baffles. - It sounds Heyyyyyyyy!
Equally these young lads help their parents with many duties.
(Our first year here and a 12 year old manned the tractor that prepared our land for veg)
Never see any of these young lads binge drinking or trying to pick fights with anyone.

State of the roads? - Pretty sad but look at it on the bright side.
Sidari has much better roads to get to the resort. ( Roda n Velonades for example )
The question here is do y0u want another Sidari or prefer Arillas as it is?
Agious Stephanos road is having it's third repair since December 2009 and you have to be here to see just how much storm damage to places like this can happen in the Winter.
Nothing wrong with Sidari , by the way. Being a bigger resort has more places for the likes of me to visit after the Season ends.

Greek drivers? - Aaargh! - But they know the roads and, sometimes what looks a dangerous manouvre can be a pussycat. But ,there are, just like other countries some who think they are invincible.However I have yet to see a tourist jump in the ditch, with his/her life flashing before the eyes. - Maybe they'll get you on the way back!

Worse than Greek drivers are:-
1. The tourist who stops at a T-Junction, in the middle of the road, not sure where he's going. - And my current tally this season is 3. - Wot , no rear vier mirror?
(Signal and pull in maybe)
2 . The convoy of Jeeps that follow in close formation at 20 kph. My record count is 11 of these - Fortunately coming the other way.
3. Quad bikes. Usually 3 in a convoy. How do we get past these? - And remember if you don't pass them then the person behind you will have you all!
( We're talking amatuer quad bikers here not those "in the know" Ang n Chris for example.
So chuck the UK highway code outa de window if hiring a car and never be pressuried by the person behind.

Steel Rods sticking out - These are a pain! Gotta be careful as they prang a few Greek legs as well. ( Spiros at Night Owl a recent casualty ) ( Nearly me once! )

Prices - Our local Kavaddes shop here will charge me 1 euro for an Ouzo and water.
But no sea view and no big overheads like a pool etc. Ouzo and sprite? - Well that word "sprite" is like a beer shandy in the UK. As pricy as a pint? Gotta shop around people and prices may depend if it's a Hotel , a Taverna, or a snack bar, or a little village shop.

So, what else? Well we beat our record for queueing in a Bank this morning. It was 48 minutes and is now 49 minutes. Champagne all round!
And .... Currently on 10 trips to Acharavi in 8 days trying to get my tax papers sorted.
And..... Our public road to our house is still a "Siga-Siga" jobbie. Get too close to the edge and I'm in my neighbours Chicken House.
And..... It's fun to drive to Corfu Town to pay a billl and then be told.
" The person you want is not here - Come back tomorrow "

But, as Chris said - "THE PROS OUTWEIGH THE CONS"
Am I going to stay here? - Yep.

Two final notes here are that:-
 A. In the last week, many craters have been filled in many roads around Arillas ,Stehanos and Sidari. These guys are doing their best with the money that local councils have.
( Health and Safety is a big issue - We all have to be more alert - Even in the Winter!)
B. How can you possibly not want to be here with so many genuine friends many of whom who have to contend with the same problems as us.

Those cons aint big enough to get me back to the UK yet folks!
Cheers
Negg

Booking.com