Author Topic: Horse riding  (Read 9627 times)

Offline coastalwalker63

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Horse riding
« on: June 16, 2005, 01:35:31 AM »
Has anyone been horse riding in Roda?  It is something that I would really like to do while I'm on holiday.  Just wondering what your experience of it was and what the horses were like.

Looking forward to your replies

Sue x

Offline Becky and Oli

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Horse riding
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 10:42:58 AM »
Hi, me and my boyfriend went on the horse riding last year and really liked it. We're going back to arillas on the 4th july and may go riding again. It's advisable to go early evening to avoid the heat. You walk through he trees and by the beach and stop off for a quick lemonade before going back. they take photos off u as you're riding which u can but at the end. cant remember how long it lasts but i quite liked it although some of the horses look like they have seen better days and all the couples were split up amongst the horses. Hope that helps

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Horse riding
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 11:09:41 AM »
Hello Becky,

Did you go horse riding in Arillas?  I have read that it is available in Arillas, but I can never find any contact details.

Does anyone have any info' on horse riding in Arillas?

Eileenx

Offline coastalwalker63

Horse riding
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 11:38:38 AM »
:D Hi Eileen,

The horse riding is in Roda.  It is not available in Arillas but, apparently, they arrange to pick you up.  It can be booked from San Stefano Travel.  I found the link somewhere on this site and emailed them .

Hope this helps

Sue x

Offline coastalwalker63

Horse riding
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 11:40:48 AM »
Thanx for your reply Becky.  I was thinking of going early evening, like you, to avoid the heat.  It's reassuring to know that you would do it again.  Did you feel that the horses were well behaved?

Sue x

Offline db

Horse riding
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 12:19:11 PM »
hi eileen
i am not certain but i vaguely remember seein a sign for horse ridin along the road to st georges.we took the quad up the hill to the left past bardis sun studios and turned right at the wee market.the track from here on is surrounded by olive trees and im almost certain i saw a sign somwer along that lane into the right for horse riding.
 you can let me no if im wrong :wink:

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Horse riding
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2005, 12:53:40 PM »
Thanks db and Sue,

I'll ask around in Arillas and have a look around the area you mentioned db, hopefully I'll have some details to post when I get back.

Eileenx

Offline Becky and Oli

Horse riding
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 03:07:12 PM »
The minibus will collect u from arillas and obviously bring u back again. u wont struggle to find places to book it though, there are places in roda, sidari, arillas and well...most places. We asked philippe at the christos apartments where we were staying to book it for us. The horses are really sedate and they will put u on a horse that is suited to u anyway. u all walk in a line so the horses wont run off with u on the back if thats what ur worried about.

Offline Becky and Oli

Horse riding
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2005, 03:09:14 PM »
The minibus will collect u from arillas and obviously bring u back again. u wont struggle to find places to book it though, there are places in roda, sidari, arillas and well...most places. We asked philippe at the christos apartments where we were staying to book it for us. The horses are really sedate and they will put u on a horse that is suited to u anyway. u all walk in a line so the horses wont run off with u on the back if thats what ur worried about. :?

Offline Becky and Oli

Horse riding
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2005, 03:11:44 PM »
The minibus will collect u from arillas and obviously bring u back again. u wont struggle to find places to book it though, there are places in roda, sidari, arillas and well...most places. We asked philippe at the christos apartments where we were staying to book it for us. The horses are really sedate and they will put u on a horse that is suited to u anyway. u all walk in a line so the horses wont run off with u on the back if thats what ur worried about. :?

Offline Becky and Oli

Horse riding
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2005, 03:13:09 PM »
i have no idea why that posted 3 times haha ???????

Offline coastalwalker63

Horse riding
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2005, 07:38:56 PM »
To be honest, I was more worried about my daughter as she hasn't done that much riding, and that was some time ago.  As for me?  I'd like to go off and have a good old canter.  Mind you, I haven't been riding for a few years now, so  I might be a bit saddle sore after.  If you see someone with red hair, a nose stud and walking strangely, perhaps even crawling, it will be me LOL!

Whereabouts can you book it in Arillas: I was only aware of San Stefanos Travel.  It would be great to book it from Arillas.

Sue x

Offline Fiona

• Arillas Addict
Horse riding
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2005, 09:19:10 PM »
Hi Caroline

Arillas Travel always has a Horse Riding notice outside with lots of photos of people on horses, also I think I have seen one outside the Marina hotel (where they change currency).  You shouldn't have any trouble booking in Arillas.  Much as I love horse riding, I have never booked in Arillas so I'd love to hear how you get on.

Fiona

Offline coastalwalker63

Horse riding
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2005, 01:07:49 AM »
Caroline :!:  :?:

Offline Fiona

• Arillas Addict
Horse riding
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2005, 08:13:10 PM »
Sorry -