Author Topic: from airport to hotel marvel  (Read 8498 times)

Offline lauraw

from airport to hotel marvel
« on: June 14, 2005, 02:07:40 PM »
Hey!
Me and my family are taking our first trip Arillas in july and staying at the hotel marvel. We have been told the coach journey in 3-4 hours from the airport, is this true????? If not how long is it because i dont want to sit on a coach for that long after being on a plane!
Really looking forward to our holiday, sounds like a great place from reading all your comments!

Thanx
Laura x

Offline db

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 02:20:59 PM »
hey laura, we were worried bout the same thing when we arrived last week in arillas,as we were told coach journeys could take that long. we travelled with thomsons, it only took us an hour and a half to get to arillas, and that is taking into account the narrow windy roads. dont recognise ur hotel but im sure they are all near eachother.  im glad we did not waste forty euros on a taxi.

Offline Aly

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 03:24:32 PM »
Hi there. Yes Im afraid so, it can take that length of time with all the drop-offs.  Arillas/Sidari being the last ones because are north of the island. My first visit to Arillas was the last I did by coach, now I take a cab from the airport (approx 35 euros one way). It may be a little expensive but worth it.  See you in July!  :D

Offline Burt2000

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 03:52:52 PM »
yes as db(my girlfriend :D )said above it can be as short as an hour and a half, but i guess it all depends who you book with, thompsons had seperate buses to travel only to Arillas and i think maybe sidari?so we had no stops on the way :wink:  :)

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 07:45:30 PM »
Hi, All depends on how many on coach & where they are dropping off.
longest we have had was this yeay with Thompsons 1hr 50mins,usually 1hr 15mins...did hear some stories about the 4hr trip :evil:  though not sure who the holiday company was.....We are staying at hotel Marvel for first time in October so let me have a good report on it.       :P
Kes

Offline Fiona

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 08:33:32 PM »
Hotel Marvel is marvellous!  We have just come back from two weeks there (our second visit) and are booked in for another week in August.  In fact they are fully booked until the end of the season.  You will enjoy it I'm sure - very small and friendly and run by Kostas and Spiros who are brothers.  For those of you who don't know the location, it's about 2 minutes walk from the Brouklis, 5 mins from the beach and situated next to the Rainbow bar/apartments.  A nice quiet location and a fantastic pool.

The journey from the airport can take a while - our first trip took over two hours so we booked a taxi this time which took no more than 50 mins and we were sitting drinking Metaxas with Kostas at 6am after our night flight!!  I guess, if there are a lot of people for Arillas, the bus will go straight there and not round the houses, but you won't know this till you get there.

Good luck and enjoy your stay.

Fiona

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 11:07:51 AM »
I'll definitely give the thumbs up for Hotel Marvellous! I have stayed there twice. The family run hotel is very friendly, clean and very hospitable.  Spyros aka Jack Nicholson (say that to him it makes him smile) and Costas are lovely, as is their ma and pa and cheeky chops Yannis. The pool, added last year is an absolute bonus and its good to hear that they are fully booked up til the end of the year.  Read the guest book too, its such a hoot  :lol: be sure to add your comments though.  I'm sure you will have a supa dupa time.

Offline coastalwalker63

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 01:26:15 AM »
:D   Hi Laura,

I am also going to Arillas for the first time in July.  What date are you going, and how long for?  I am going on 18th July for a week.

I also have concerns about the long coach transfer but, as it is a day flight, I am trying to be positive and look on it as a chance to see the rest of the island.  Not sure that I'll want to repeat the experience on the way back though and may consider getting a taxi back to the airport.

Hopefully, see you there

Sue x

Offline lauraw

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2005, 10:10:53 PM »
Hi eveybody thanx for you replies they have been very helpful and we are going to decide what we are going to do when we get to the airport in Arillas but im hoping we get a taxi. We are really looking forward to staying in the hotel Marvel and it sounds great from all your comments!
HI sue! We are going on the 22nd so we may see you as we are there for a week i think!
Once again thanx to you all, your comments have been a help!

Offline Fiona

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2005, 11:21:05 PM »
Hi Laura

Pleased you have found our comments useful.  I know you will enjoy your stay at the Marvel.

Are you by any chance travelling with Thomas Cook?  If so, there are two really great reps called Laura and Jo who you may even meet at the airport.  Jo does the introduction meeting, but they both visit the hotel quite often (even on their days off!!) and are good fun.  

Have a great holiday.

Fiona

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2005, 02:34:13 AM »
Hi Lauraw
  Yes you will find the taxi alot easier on your journey I think you'll find the going rate about 40 euros ask for price first, if you do get a taxi let your tour rep know ,it saves them waiting when your not there, but you probably know that already.

Paul/Deb5

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2005, 01:32:05 PM »
Hello,
we took a taxi from the airport in May they wanted 50euros but after haggling we got them down to 45 euros so do haggle.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Booking.com