Author Topic: Yippie! I've booked my flight.........But, book early in future!  (Read 10316 times)

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
Re: Yippie! I've booked my flight.........But, book early in future!
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 10:08:20 AM »
Deffo, Martin!  What dates are you there in September? We're 27th Sept - 9th Oct, staying at Horizon

Janis x

Offline justlynn

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 11:37:39 AM »
Brouklis here we come! Lynne and Collin, see you in September/October?
Yammas,
Martin.

Lovely idea, Martin, if we can afford two holidays this year - sadly, not yet sure we can. Oh well, we're always there in spirit!
Yammas,
lynn xx

Offline jo-jo

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2010, 11:38:29 AM »
Hi everyone!

Great to  read your posts Martin and  Janis and everyone! Last July was my first to Arillas and Janis helped me then. We stayed at the Koloudis, had a lovely 2weeks - meeting a few forum members and lots of fun with Annie and family.Felt we needed a break before July so decided to go in May. I  have had many holidays in Corfu as child.

Think we have had a good deal this year but wont speak too soon as I booked our May break with Complete Travel Solutions based in Cardiff. It was via a link with ice lolly holidays. I was just strolling on it and noticed a  10 day hol from east Midlands on 14 May staying at The Tria Alelpia for  £179 each.

When I rung up it transpired that the outwoard flight was with Thomson May 14th 06.50am and I was able to book a meal and baggage. But coming home on 24 th May at 12noon it was with Jet 2 and had to pay appropriate extras with them.

Complete Travel Solutions did it all and were very helpful. I made the mistake of paying with a debit card costing £8 each extra as I did not click that 2% was cheaper with credit card and would have given insurance too. When I saw my bank statement the various airlines had been paid individually.

I havent a clue about how to pre check in on line for return flight with jet 2 but Complete Travel solutions said they will help.

Anyway the total was £448 all in for the two of us. When I got the paperwork it said the flight was out of Manchester and back to East Midlands but when I rang Complete Travel solutions they said it was a mistake and sent new paperwork out and both flights East mid.

So will have to see if all goes well with these flights, I have no tickets but I think you pick them up at the airport but will check nearer the time. We will need airport parking and car in Corfu which are extra we wouldnt have had for Leeds flight.

Tria accommodation should be lovely, know its out of centre but we like the quiet. We need to pick a car up from airport and am trying to organise that now.

Hope we can have a drink with Janis and Martin??  Will the fire flys be out when we go?

Best Wishes to all

Look forward to hearing your comments about my mis match of arrangements!! We normally fly from Leeds and there are some good May deals with Thomson for Kaloudis for May which would have been not much dearer but note only recently prices have come down for deals and we didnt want a week as with Leeds flights you only there 6 days!

joanna  x

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2010, 11:47:27 AM »
Hi Joanna - what a great price! We look forward to meeting you in May. We've not stayed at Tria before but have called in a few times and had a drink there and it looks pretty good.  We folk from Yorkshire like good prices, don't we? lol

A few years ago I booked a holiday for 6 of us to Ibiza through ... can't remember the name now but it was part of the Co-op Travel group.  Like you, every part of the booking was shown separately on my bank statements and I did worry. Then we called at Co-op Travel in Brighouse and they hadn't heard of the company....

No worries - everything came together well and we had a good time. We also paid separately for transfers and that too was spot on

See you in May!

Janis x
PS we're flying from Manchester and staying, again, at Kaloudis from 17th May for two weeks, then we're back again at end Sept and staying independently at Horizon

Offline jo-jo

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2010, 12:21:54 PM »

Hi Janis

Great to hear from you! Cant wait to meet you in May! Thanks for your reasurrance. Should be ok!!

See You soon

Joannax

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2010, 01:38:18 PM »
Martin, great news you have booked.  Thomson have gone really expensive, I've been looking for flights and easyjet is £200 cheaper!  So will probably go with easyjet this year. 

Hi Joanna, we stayed at the Tria a couple of years ago, you will love them, the only reason we stayed elsewhere is because we preferred to be nearer the front.  They are run by fantastic people who will make you more than welcome, and the apartments are A1.  You must have the lamb on sundays, it is cooked by Philips dad and just melts in your mouth and Helens roast potatoes are the best I've ever tasted. 

Sharon x

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 09:20:10 PM »
We have hust got flights with easyjet (manchester) last week september £124.. all in

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2010, 01:50:41 AM »
Flippin' 'eck, Kes lad - that's a bargain! 

How long are you there for, and where are you staying?

Janis x

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2010, 12:49:13 PM »
that is for end september Janis ..also there in May.....!!!

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2010, 11:53:32 AM »
See you both times, then, Kes!

Janis x

Booking.com