Author Topic: christos apts  (Read 5830 times)

Offline karenansell1

christos apts
« on: August 22, 2009, 01:00:51 PM »
hi all...many thanks for such an informative forum....we are coming to arilllas for the first time 31st august and staying at the christos apts...how steep is the hill as my mum is in a wheelchair.....olympic haven't said it's not suitable for wheelchair users so i'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll be able to manage ...any info would be good
with thanks
karen

Offline sharonF

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: christos apts
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 01:05:48 PM »
Its quite a steep hill Karen, it will need two of you to push a wheelchair up it, but depends on how big your mum is i suppose.  Could you hire a motorised one from Olga's TRavel? 

You will love Arillas regardless of that though.

Sharon x

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 01:06:44 PM »
Unfortunately It is quite a hike up the hill or via the track from the beach and is not ideal for chugging a wheelchair up & down...Olympic should have mentioned it....

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 01:15:47 PM »
Sharon has said it, but I have to concur. We find the hill a struggle with Jen's gammy legs. I am surprised the tour operator hasn't informed you, but then again after what I've read on here, maybe I'm not. I have also copied you a personal message I sent to another forum member the other day. You can find it in the left hand menu.

In any case, like our Sharon said, you will find Arillas is all we keep on about.

Best wishes
Phil

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 01:19:21 PM »
Sorry Karen but I'd say it was most unsuitable too.  It doesn't look like Olympic have any other accommodation in Arillas, perhaps Sharon's suggestion of a hiring a motorized wheelchair is something you should consider.

Good luck,  we are all here to help you should you want to find alternative accommodation.

Eileen.

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 03:07:45 PM »
Now the question is have you been miss sold the holiday based on your requirements which Im sure you would have asked re the wheelchair, they will probably have said yes to wheelchair access at the apartments, get back to the holiday booking agent and ask now for some compensation or contribution to the hire of an electric wheelchair as you have discovered that the walk to and from the apartments is not suitable for people with wheelchairs.
I know what its like pushing someone in a wheelchair as I have that responsibility with my mother in law when ever we take her out for the day, I always ensure that where ever we are going is wheelchair accessible.
Good luck but you will still enjoy Arillas
Ang

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 03:30:25 PM »
I agree. A pushchair with a small child would be hard enough work up that hill....
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 06:55:27 PM »
Would that be me, the small child Sandy??? You'll never have to push me up though, just pour in some more rocket fuel - Hannah or Perry's Black Russian in the Nut! Hill? What hill??

Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 08:01:42 PM »
Very quiet there today peeps. ( 2 bodies on beds at 3:30 pm )

Must be like having your own private pool!
( Maybe an advantage to whoever stays there? )
Neggl

riggers

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 08:07:43 PM »
No comment..........

Offline karenansell1

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 10:55:49 AM »
many thanks to all for the replies....is there a local taxi that could transport us back from the beach?  if so how much would it be, especially if we used it regularly?
the situation of the apartments is probably why they're so quiet !!!!!
are all big greek foodies so are looking forward to sampling the eateries in arillas.....one of the reasons we haven't changed the booking....are any of you there when we are?  if so...look out for us...can't miss us...old lady in wheelchair, blonde 8 year old with his arm in plaster...broke it last week, great timing, a tubby little ginger fella and me.....sound appealing don't we...well we're distinctive if nothing else....
how big is the beach at the moment? noted dimitris comments about how and why it changes size and shape...must try his restaurant too....does anywhere serve saganaki prawns?
thanks again...can't wait for a bit of corfiot sunshine
lol
karen

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2009, 11:54:49 AM »
There isn't a local taxi I'm afraid but I'm sure passers by would give you lifts if they saw you struggling....not sure about the wheel chair though, someone may still have to push that.

On a positive note, Dimitris does prawn saganaki....and it's delicious!
Sandy x

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2009, 12:38:25 PM »
If Olympic won't do anything to help how about trying the owners...surely any owner worth his salt would try to do their best to help their guests.  It might be an idea to send them an email asking if they can offer any help or advice.

I don't have their contact details but for sure our fellow forum members will have.

Positive note no.2, Dimitris has the most delicous red house wine!

Eileen. 

Offline karenansell1

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2009, 01:02:35 PM »
You're a terrific gang...first meal has definately got to be with dimitri...i've heard that his sofrito is to die for....what is bourdetto as that's been recomended as well?
my son is a great squid fan (he's 8!) so where is the best squid in town?
sod the hill...hubby says we'll manage...famous last words eh?  can't be as steep as when we stayed at the romanza in san stef can it?
lol
many thanks...getting excited now....only 8 sleeps and we'll be there....if anyone knows an e mail adress for christos apts i will forwarn him about the whelchair and, hopefully, they may help us out a bit
all kind regards
karen

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2009, 02:58:48 PM »
Good on for looking on the positive side, just think of the toned legs you'll end up with!

Sharonx

Booking.com