Author Topic: villa linakis  (Read 77629 times)

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re: villa linakis
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2009, 04:44:13 PM »
Thanks for your lovely comments Janet and Martha it was a pleasure to have you stay,  from what I heard Arillas took you to her heart as much as you did hers.

Phil you ol' rogue, blatherskite, ratbag...sack Saint Eggy?  Never....we know we are lucky to have him around....the man's worth his weight in...in.....ouzo....!!! ;-)

Eileenxx

Offline adamcal

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2009, 06:58:25 PM »
THANK'S EILEEN AND HI TO ALL IN ARILLA'S WE MISS IT AS THE COLD BRITISH SUMMER START'S TO BITE HI TO EGGY AND DID YOU POLISH OFF THAT OUZO WE GAVE YOU I'M SURE IT'S LONG GONE INTO THE ARILLA'S SUNSET  HOPE YOU ARE ALL WELL  XX MARTHA

Offline janet mcewan

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2009, 10:06:48 PM »
eileen you have a beautiful villa it is so quiet and peaceful just to sit at the pool or have drinks on the balcony before we went for dinner did not want to come home lol and from neil and wendy to heather and the other guys who looked after the pool and garden were so lovely they could not do enough for us tell me eileen if martha and i win the lottery can we buy it off you hee hee hee if only eh anyone who stays at villa linakis will have a wonderful holiday its so beautiful

janet and martha

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 12:07:03 AM »
Ah Martha and Janet

It pains me to tell you that all the Ouzo has gone to " A good Home" and the bottle is now waiting to do it's bit in the re-cyling bin.

It was a terrible shame to open it but the responsibility fell to me and it's not like me to let anyone down.
Cheers
Negg

( from a 25 deg Kavadades/Arillas at midnight )

Offline janet mcewan

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2009, 12:22:46 AM »
well as long as you enjoyed drinking it neil i had a few baileys through the week but it just wasn't the same as drinking it at the villa although i did go to bed singing or as justine said meowing hee hee

love to wendy

janet
x

Offline adamcal

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2009, 01:17:06 AM »
HI NEIL, GLAD THAT YOU FINISHED AND ENJOYED THE OUZO, DON,T MAKE US JEALOUS AND TELL US THE TEMPS WE CAN,T GET 25 DURING THE DAY NEVER MIND AT NIGHT IN FACT I THINK IT'S JUST COLD LOVE FROM MARTHA

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2009, 02:04:37 AM »
Don't humour him luvvers. Just pour another ouzo. He is really quite harmless....

Reports of him having a father who is even worse are grossly exagerrated. Or at least I think so.

Phil

for Eggy - hello SON!

Offline Pommie

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2009, 06:40:52 PM »
Janet - I don't want to make you too jealous but I'm typing this is the bedroom of Villa Linakis to keep out of the late afternoon heat :-)

It's been (and still is) very windy today so we had to head down to Portofino for a leisurely lunch followed by a frappe at Ammos before the slow meander back to the Villa and a swim to cool off again.

As you say Villa Linakis has everything you could possibly want! We rent out holiday property in the Lakes in the UK and I never really understood before why people often say "thank you for letting us stay" in our visitors' book.  Now I have spent a week in Villa Linakis I understand for the first time. It really feels like a privilege to be allowed to stay in such a lovely home.

The villa, the pool, Eileen and everyone who helps her out have been magnificent. The resort itself is ideal - quietish but with enough variety of tavernas and bars to be interesting. and I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Villa Linakis. It's not the cheapest option but you really do get what you pay for .

Hmm...  Now I know this thread creep but does anyone know where a good grilled octopus can be had?

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2009, 07:11:19 PM »
Hi Pommie,

Lucky you to be staying at the Villa Linakis, we havent stayed there, but had a nosey when we were in Arillas in June.  It is beautifil isnt it, so peaceful and luxuriant. 

Havent had octopus anywhere myself, but if you go down to the village taking the left fork past the Tria, you will see Vavilas fish taverna on the right.  Ask Thomas about octopus, if he doesnt do it, he will probably be able to tell you where.  Vavilas is delicious if you love fish!

Happy holidays

Sharon x

Offline Pommie

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2009, 11:39:04 PM »
Vavilas is delicious if you love fish!

Thanks for that. Tomorrow's dinner decided then :-)

Offline adamcal

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2009, 11:52:04 PM »
HI POMMIE MY NAME IS MARTHA AND I STAYED AT VILLA LINAKIS WITH MY FAMILY AND JANET AS WELL. WE HAD A GREAT TIME MY TWO BOYS LOVED THE CREPERIE'S SANDWICHES ESPECIALLY THE CHICKEN CLUB SO FOR A TASTY SNACK THEY ARE GREAT AND THEY DO TAKE AWAY FOR THE BEACH. THE MIRAGE SNACK BAR AND POOL DO A NICE ROAST BEEF DINNER AS WELL .WISH WE WERE THERE FROM MARTHA

Offline Pommie

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2009, 05:25:28 PM »
Hi Martha

Thanks for that

WISH WE WERE THERE

Time to book again then? :-)

Offline janet mcewan

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2009, 09:21:03 PM »
lucky you pommie it really is a beautiful villa isn't it eileen has thought of everything hasn't she its home from home we all loved staying there and everyone who comes and looks after the villa are lovely arillas is such a beautiful place and the people are so kind they can't do enough for you as my sister martha said we all fell in love with with arillas

janet
x

Offline Pommie

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2009, 10:17:31 AM »
Hi Janet

That sums it up really - a lovely villa in a lovely resort :-) How do you improve on that ???

Ah yes - Octopus :-)

Still can't find any - Thomas at Vavilas (have I spelled that right??) said it was too expensive to get it in! Mind you we had a superb fish dinner there last night - Greek salad, vine leaves then half a small lobster and 3 fish each for the big people and kalamaria and chips for the small person, followed by baklava and lemon cake, and washed down with copious draughts of house wine and lemon fanta (not mixed together obviously) and it came to less than 10 Euro each - amazing!!!

Do they weigh you as well as the bags at the airport? Hope not :-)

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2009, 10:49:09 AM »
Hi Janet
...........Do they weigh you as well as the bags at the airport? Hope not :-)

LOL...fortunately not otherwise I would have had a small fortune to pay this year!

On the far side of Agios Georgios there is a fish restaurant called the Fisherman's Cabin which has grown into a bit of a legend from what I hear.  I've yet to visit but heard yet more rave reviews when over a  couple of weeks ago...http://www.agiosgeorgios.co.uk/fishermans.htm

I'm off to warn your airline to fill up with more fuel next Monday!!! :-o

Eileenx

Booking.com