Author Topic: Flights - cheaper to book early or leave it late?  (Read 5807 times)

Offline MugreesMum

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Flights - cheaper to book early or leave it late?
« on: June 23, 2009, 12:03:09 AM »
Hi Everyone

I am in yet another pickle over the holiday.  The flights we had chosen (relatively cheap) have disappeared whilst I have been faffing about trying to choose accomodation.....doh!!

So my next question is - should I book it now before they go any higher...or are they likely to come down if I leave it later?

Another fine mess I have got me into Stanley !!!!

Miriam x

Offline georgia

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Flights - cheaper to book early or leave it late?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 03:24:19 AM »
Hi Mugrees mum,
I came up against this one a few weeks back and booked the cheap flights first then sent out a couple of e-mails to favourite accomodation in Arillas and hit jackpot straight away, accomodation sorted within 4hrs. This is the first time I have booked independently, cannot think why I did not do it before.
Be brave and go for it.

Offline MugreesMum

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 12:30:06 PM »
hi georgia

thanks...do you think the flight prices will come down a bit nearer the time we go- we aren't going until the very end of August.?

I have pretty much sorted the accomodation, we had a bit of faffing around because i realised with having a small child that we may need more than one room so she can sleep peacefully.  B ut as i say i think its nearly sorted out now.

best wishes, miriam x

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 02:03:55 PM »
Very unlikely that the flights will come down at the time as it is still peak season.  In our experience definitely better to book as soon as you see a good deal.  Especially with Easyjet. We only paid around £750 for 5 of us for mid July as soon as easyjet flights were released but have paid up to 1300 in the past. GO FOR IT!! You will always find somewhere to stay in Arillas as there as loads of places, evn lots that arent on this website.

Offline sharon s

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 03:32:34 PM »

Ive been keeping my eye on flights  from Doncaster, should have booked when I
first saw them last week.

Checked them last Friday, they had gone up, checked again today, and yes they have gone up again.

I think ,yes, you should book early.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 12:59:48 AM »
I think booking the flights early is the thing... we booked last year in January for September 2008 and got flights £79 each return, with Easy Jet... now they are stupid prices for this year... I checked for September and its ridiculous... funnily though the prices coming back seem to be more expensive.  It seems to be different for package holidays when you get real bargains left late.

We have found it better to book flights first, then you can always find accommodation to suit, more difficult finding the right flight.   I hope you find something soon.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline jinksy

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 10:45:29 PM »
hi, i found the same thing, last wed the flights to corfu from bristol with easyjet were £260 each, on the thurs they had gone up to £330 thats one hell of a hike, £70 each, so booked with thompson from cardiff £314 had no choice, those prices are are now £334, so another price raise, how many more? moral of the story is book as soon as you can, but at least we get to arillas this year, booked independently to stay in mathraki with akis, roll on july 31st, cant wait, yammas jinksy

Offline MugreesMum

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 12:00:21 AM »
Hi blonde girl and Jinsky and everyone

Thanks for that info..well the flights I've found are £307 one way with easyjet, and £200 returning with avro- thats for 2 adultd and a 2 year old baby...but can't find anything cheaper and like you say they seem to be going up willy-nilly....

But at least it gets us there!

love, Miriam x

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 12:09:13 AM »
Is that for all 3 I presume? if so and if the price is affordable, I would def book as they never come down.

Offline jinksy

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 12:13:39 AM »
hi miriam, where are you flying from, that sounds a very reasonable price if that is for the 3 of you, £507 return, we paying nearly £1000 for 3

Offline MugreesMum

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 12:54:08 AM »
Hi JO

Yes, thats for the 3 of us...I'm going to go ahead and book it - just waiting for hubby to find his credit card (which may take some time - lol!)

love, Miriam x

Offline MugreesMum

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 01:14:00 AM »
Hi Jinksy

We fly from Manchester - and judging by what you say i think i best crack on and book it....its for the 3 of us, flying out with easyjet and back with Monarch / Avro...
its all hit and miss with these flights it seems....

love, Miriam x

Offline jinksy

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 08:17:46 PM »
hi miriam just been and had a look at the prices online and they are going up and up, better book asap if you are decided that you are going, good luck, we are there in 1st two weeks in aug may see you there, yammas, jinksy

Booking.com