Author Topic: Mathraki Studios/Apartments  (Read 14333 times)

Offline jinksy

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Mathraki Studios/Apartments
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2009, 11:43:34 PM »
Hi Lynsey, we try to get up early but after so many late nights 8-30am is about as early as we make it most days, we hire a scooter and go for days out, we went to corfu town and mouse island one day, that was a long day but enjoyable, had a numb bum after that one, ouch. sidari is a nice scooter ride away also, nice and cool beeze but beware the sunburn you cant tell your burning until you stop and get off. We will enjoy, you just have to, arillas is so chilled out. Hope you enjoy i'm sure you will, yammas, jinksy   

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 02:21:13 AM »
Blatherskite and forum windbag here. Mathraki is spotless and not a long way up the famous hill. It gives you access to a beautiful pool (jen the Arillas waterbaby will confirm that.) I just drink the Mythos (that is good too as was my Sunday lunch) but I can assure you that if you do Greek holidays, Mathraki will deliver. As will Arillas.

Offline jinksy

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2009, 08:08:33 PM »
thanks justphil, cant wait to get there, the exitement is building up now, keep up the good work with your reports, look forewaed to reading them when i get in from work every day, yammas, jinksy

Offline linda-j

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2009, 10:03:13 PM »
Hello,

I ve just got back from a week in Arillas staying at the Mathraki Apartments , it was my first visit to both and I d definitely go again .

Mathraki apartments are typical Greek apartments , but with the addition of a kettle ! - I ve stayed in many apartments in Greece and thats a first ! also had a small oven - but I m afraid I did nt get round to using it .The apartments were very clean , lovely view - all look out to the sea , nice size pool with plenty of sun beds , and a snack bar that did the nicest feta saganaki I ve tasted , and my son voted the club sandwhiches the best he s had .  Akis and family were extremely helpful and friendly .There is air con which you can pay extra for but we did nt need it .
Theres a small supermarket directly opposite which is handy for bread milk etc , its about 5 mins to walk to the beach down the main street and 10 if you go left when leaving the apartment - passing goats , chickens , cats , friendly dogs , the odd deserted little house , and a few apartments .
I d like to go back again in May or October when its cooler and have a better look around and do some walking - bit too hot this week - but a lovely excuse to just swim , relax , read and enjoy the view .
I d definitely recommend Mathraki - its a lovely place , I went with my 2 sons 14 and 9 , but I would consider going back on my own , I felt very safe and comfortable there ,

Linda

Offline jinksy

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2009, 11:31:05 PM »
Hi linda-j, we are going to arillas in just over 2 weeks, its our 6th time there and we have stayed in different locations, this time we are staying in mathraki and its comforting to hear that we are going to another wonderful location, mind you in arillas you cant really go wrong, thats what we have found out, really friendly people who do their utmost to help you and make your stay relaxing and enjoyable. We are now counting down the days to return to heaven, yammas, jinksy

Offline Quack John

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2009, 01:17:31 PM »
Thanks for your posting Linda, we've booked to stay at Mathraki at the end of August and we've heard nothing but good things about the studios. It's our second time in Arillas and we can't wait!

Booking.com