Author Topic: Mathraki Studios/Apartments  (Read 14332 times)

Offline Quack John

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Mathraki Studios/Apartments
« on: June 22, 2009, 02:13:25 AM »
Hello All !
Having thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to Arillas last July, we are looking at the prospect of coming back in late August this year.

Last time we did the 'tour operator' route with Thomas Cook and stayed at Arillas Bay. This time we're looking to book our own flights and accommodation direct, and have been looking at the Mathraki Apartments.

Can anyone give us advice/feedback on these apartments/studios?

All the Best

Quack John & Claire

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
Re: Mathraki Studios/Apartments
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 09:12:04 AM »
Brilliant apartments John we stayed in them las august click the link below there are some pics of the Mathraki aparts in Corfu 2008 album

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/565900804jjvIgX

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 11:01:54 AM »
Hi Quack John,

I always thoroughly enjoyed my Mathraki holidays :-)  A good number of us forum members have sang the praises of the Mathraki elsewhere on the forum. 

Go to the search facility at the top of this page and type in Mathraki...you'll find everything you need to know.

Happy holidays!

Eileen.

Offline Quack John

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 12:29:57 PM »
We'll be staying in a studio rather than an apartment, as there's just the two of us. What are the studio's like?

John

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 12:38:26 PM »
John there is only 1 apartment in the Mathraki the rest of the accommodation is made up with studios.  They are basic but very clean, of typical size and adequate for all your holiday needs.  Balcony, fitted wardrobe, kitchenette with small cooker, fridge and shower room. 

Eileen.

Offline Quack John

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 12:44:18 PM »
Thanks Eileen, much appreciated.

Given the positive feedback we'll probably get it booked up later today!!

Really looking forward to it, we've definately been bitten by the Arillas bug!!

John

Offline alyvin

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 05:11:46 PM »
Stayed there last year and the studios are fine. Very good value for money. Nice stroll to the sea front in 2 directions. Only reason not staying there this year is because having problems with my knee and are therefore staying on the sea front. Would definitely stay there again.

Offline Quack John

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 05:26:55 PM »
Thanks Alyvin,

Do the studio's have air conditioning?

John

Offline alyvin

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 04:47:35 PM »
I can't remember. I went in May and it was quite chilly so I probably wanted central heating. Just email Akis and he'll let you know.

Offline Quack John

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 06:25:39 PM »
Thanks for the positive feedback!

Good news! We've booked a studio at the Mathraki, we arrive on the 24th August and will be there for a week. Sorted it all out by email, Akis was really helpful.

Six weeks to go and we're excited already, really looking forward to being back in Arillas!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2009, 06:48:56 PM »
John ask for Akis, and pretend to be a friend of Dimitris (you probably will be before the holiday is over.)

Between them they provide our daily fix of Webcam and the forum. Two more up front honest and lovely people you would struggle to meet.

Mathraki is wonderful. So many love it. We share ourselves out and stay somewhere different each time. But many including our Scottish Bombshell Eileen will repeat the view you have chosen well.
Phil

Offline Quack John

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2009, 06:57:31 PM »
Thanks Phil.

It's great to be heading out to accommodation with such positive reviews....especially after the concerns we had with staying in Arillas Bay Apartments (now Sea Breeze we understand!) last year.

Counting down the weeks now!

John

Offline Linsey

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2009, 09:45:38 PM »
Hello,
We are due to return to the Mathraki this Friday - can't wait. There is definitely air conditioning (you pay extra for this but it is well worth the money). The studios are pretty traditional in style but have everything you need. The family who run it are really helpful and friendly and live on the ground floor. The pool bar is open from early until late if you fancy a quiet drink or a meal. The balconies are always sunny and I love sitting watching the families walking into the village for the evening before heading down ourselves later. I'm sure you will have a great time.

Offline jinksy

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2009, 10:19:03 PM »
Hi Lynsey, we been to arillas 5 times now but will be stayig in mathraki for the first time in 3 weeks, read the reviews and they sound great, cant wait, and so glad to hear people saying great things about the accomodation. akis has been really helpful and as i said roll on 31st july for our 2 weeks of heaven, yammas, jinksy

Offline Linsey

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2009, 11:32:21 PM »
Hello Jinksy,

We will be leaving just as you are arriving! This is just our second time to Arillas, we enjoyed our fortnight so much last year that we knew we would be back. I keep an eye on the forum quite often and like to hear about what is happening in Corfu. We might try to do a bit more this year, maybe do a few walks if I can persuade my other half to get up early enough to avoid the scorching heat. Haven't been into Corfu town yet either so we might venture there at some point.
Hope you all have a good holiday and look forward to reading all of the new reports.

Booking.com