mosquitos

Started by tonynglenda, May 12, 2009, 10:28:12 AM

Jo Wissett

Hey 4X4, you reckon I could use that zapper on my kids as well?! :-)

4x4

Hi Jo

Not sure if the Zapper will work on children.

When I find out what a "Child Board" is, that might do the trick.
You either strap them to it or hit them with it ( not that I would do such a thing )
I am sure your children are perfect examples.  ))

june

When I was there last week my daughter a mozzie spray and I used Avon Skin so Soft. Don't know if it was coincidence but she has loads of bites and I didn't have any. I'll certainly use it again as I normally do get bitten.

June

justlynn

Must admit, June, the only nights I didn't get bitten this year were when I used Skin So Soft all over, as well as repellent sprays.

lynn xx

Karen/Colin

That's good to hear cos I have just bought some skin so soft & my usual jungle formula with 50% DEET. I assume it is the pink skin so soft as I got a free blue skin so soft.
Karen

riggers

I always thought it was the blue bottle (dry body oil spray). You have one anyway and the jungle formula is very good.

riggers..

Karen/Colin

I like the pink one better but then the mossies might like that one too. I can see i will be going out smelling like a tarts boudoir if I lather myself with the pink, blue &deet stuff!
Karen

alyvin

It's the blue bottle- Woodland Fresh- that acts as an insect repellent for some people. I think its got eucolyptus (spelling?) in it that acts as a natural repellent.

justlynn

Yes, definitely the blue bottle - Soft and Fresh - it contains citronella, I believe......

blondegirl

Mike swears by it and gets through 2 bottles of the stuff...mind you dont slip on the marble floors if it gets sprayed on.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Alan and Jan

Never mind the mossies over there what about the midges, horse flies etc over here in the UK. Last couple of days I've been bitten like hell in spite of putting on all the stuff i can think of. Jan reckons I look worse now then i did in Pefkos in May. Bytheway sat outside at 21.48 with a large glass of Merlot enjoying the lovely evening and surfing the old interweb. Only 10 weeks and 4 days before we hit Arillas.
Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

blondegirl

I dont normally have a problem here in the Uk but come to think of it what I thought were spots were probably bites from sitting in the garden at night.  Will have to get the holiday kit out and spray it about a bit.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Baldy Barry

The Failsafe Anti Mossie Kit !

Hope I don't burn !

John Crichton

Barry - VERY good!!

Do you hire yourself out to visitng Tourists??!!

There is another way to reduce mozies - it's not exactly to everybodies cup of tea but DOES work - if you use a little of your own urine on your skin they don't like it - ureaic acid therein is somthing the buggers don't like, but as I say - not to everyones taste.....(!!!!)
I got Soul but I'm not a Soldier....

Eileen

Quote from: John Crichton on June 30, 2009, 09:46:30 PM
........, but as I say - not to everyones taste.....(!!!!)

LOL...certainly not to Keith's taste.... ;-)

Barry your gorgeous, it's your socks that do it for me!!!

Eileenxxx
Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB