Author Topic: Happy Birthday BeckyB  (Read 6613 times)

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
Re: Happy Birthday BeckyB
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2009, 09:18:11 AM »
OOO Becks, Im sorry no excuse just forgot and hadn't seen the tread. Hope you had a great day. Love Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2009, 01:13:19 PM »

Thank you, thank you, thank you - you're all lovely people & I've missed you all & I'm sorry that I've not been more 'vocal' recently but there's been a few things going on at this end that have demanded a lot of my attention.
Without being a 'doom & gloom merchant' things haven't been that great & I've just been made redundant & sadly I don't qualify for any kind of redundancy package - so slightly tricky times.

On top of that, I've been very poorly since Sunday & am only feeling a wee bit brighter today (not by much though).
Fairly certain it's a type of Flu strain - I'm loathe to say it's the full blown thing as I know how debilitating that is, but I don't feel jolly at all & am feeling rather sorry & forlorn :-)

Forgive me friends & forgive me (you know who you are) for not being in touch sooner.
As soon as I'm on the mend I shall address this promptly, but meantime thank you for thinking of me & remembering me & I look forward to being a faithful contributor once more & sharing lively & informative conversation.

Lots of Love,

BeckyB xxx :-)

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2009, 01:23:31 PM »
Hi, Becky.  I am really sory to hear about your recent terrible luck. All I can say is I hope things pick up for you very soon. Keep logging on her to cheer yourself up!!!!!

Yammas Paul D
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2009, 01:52:18 PM »
I' m sorry to hear of your problems Becky, but get well soon, keep your chin up and lets see some of your wonderful posts again.

I am having a very worrying time with my mum at the moment, and I do use the forum to cheer myself up, and it works!!!!!!!

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2009, 02:21:32 PM »

Oh Terry,

I'm sorry to hear about your Mother, I knew she hadn't been in the best of health & I hope very much that things improve - I'm thinking of you :-)

Thank you Paul, your message has really cheered me :-) Once I get my 'mojo' back I'll be posting away like a mad thing...

And Eileen, I miss you & how overdue is our catch-up?!?
Give me a couple of days to get back on my feet again & I'll fill you in. :-)
Take care everyone for now. be back soon.

BeckyB x :-)

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2009, 09:53:13 PM »
Hope you feel better soon Becky x
Sandy x

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2009, 10:26:31 PM »

Thanks Sandy,

I've missed everyone SO much & have so much news to catch up on - it's exciting though it will take me a while to get through :-)
Almost on the mend - hopefully :-)
BeckyB xx

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2009, 11:54:46 PM »
Hi Becky, looking forward to your recovery, and enjoying your posts again!
love,
lynn xx

Offline Geoff

• Corfiotophile
  • Arillas Addict
    • http://www.geoff-and-sue.freehighway.net
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2009, 11:10:30 AM »
Hey Becky, I sympathise with you - I know what is like to be made redundant and not get any kind of severance package. In 2006 I was made redundant and despite being there for over 8 years was given the absolute minimum they could get away with. Being over 40 (WELL OVER!!) I found it hard to get another job, and when I did 14 months later the company folded and not only did I not get any redundancy but they owed me over £2000 in back pay which I never did get. I've found another job now - but the current economic climate is hitting this company and they have just had a second round of redundancies. If this job goes as well there will be no redundancy payment from here either!
At the time you don't know how you are going to cope, not just with the lack of money but that feeling that you are not wanted. The key thing is not to lie down and give up, and by the number of personal messages to you on this forum it is obvious that you are wanted and have many friends here that will help you through your problems.
So, Good luck - just keep smiling!
:-)

Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Booking.com