Author Topic: Thomas Cooke Flight changes  (Read 11288 times)

Offline kes

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
Thomas Cooke Flight changes
« on: March 23, 2009, 10:30:15 PM »
Loks like TC have  done their usaul trick...

same every year so not suprised....we select the fight that suits us  11..00 am from Manchester...pay the extra supliment...up at 6.30 am....Taxi at 7.30...Airport for 8.30...have a mooch round ...board the flight and away we go...nice and easy...arrive refreshed...then the dreaded letter arrives...Flight now 8.30 am.....now up at 4.00am  Taxi at 5.00am...airport for 6.00am... board flight (thats if there are no delays)...arrive shattered!!!   any chance of a refund...NOOO!!!...Thanks a bundle TC......
But... no details of return flight being altered...?
Grumpy ol man

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
Re: Thomas Cooke Flight changes
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 08:34:03 PM »
kes ..
when you get there just have a ouzo and lemonade and all those woes will go away ......yammas

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 02:28:23 PM »
TC have also messed up our flights, no change as yet to our out going flights but the return flight was originally early afternoon so we would be home in time for tea, then it was changed to 11.50pm now it is 1.00am. No concession made for the extra time & money needed to be in Arillas, we will expected to vacate our apartment at 10am so 'hanging around' for 15 hours.
It also means we have had to take another days annual leave from work. I do intend to complain to TC but doubt we will get any kind of recompense.

Karen

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 04:59:07 PM »
what a pain for you, last days are always bad arent they, we like to be able to get up and go, not prolong the agony!  where are you flying from? i have got to pay the balance of our holidays tomorrow, i will check on the flights again!
ger x

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 05:29:31 PM »
I can sympathise a fair bit on this one, Kes and Karen, because we have had quite a few unwelcome flight changes ourselves over the years, although I can't blame Thomas Cooke for all of them!
Keeping my fingers tightly crossed for this year.............

lynn xx

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 06:57:02 PM »
I love the early flights.
Get to the airport when there is hardle any traffic.
Park easily and the terminal isn't packed.
Take off at 6:30am. and if its a sunny morning the angle of the sun gives spectacular views.
In Arillas before 1:00pm
First Mythos or Royal Ionian 1:05pm.

I just hope our flight isn't changed now, to a later time.

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 08:49:57 PM »
Checked Thomson website yesterday and looks like the same flight time- 0600. Perfect- or am I tempting fate?  For curiosity, cost of flight only (0600 Mon), £600+.
 Cost of our holiday-£637.

Paul D
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 03:28:09 PM »
We are flying from newcastle. I was offered an an earlier flight to return to manchester but no good when the car is at newcastle!
Karen

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 08:48:34 PM »
We fly with Thomas Cooke this time to Zante from Leeds Bradford the time we have on our invoice is 1.40 pm this has been changed 5 minutes either way twice already which is no big deal and we were informed by post
On checking Leeds Bradford airports website for the flight time all it gives is PM and no specific time'where as all the other flights out have a departure time
It just makes me wonder if they are gonna drop a bombshell 2 weeks before with either a flight cancelation or a ludicrous night time flight
Tony <~~~keeping fingers X that nothing changes

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 08:57:09 PM »
So far our May holiday has only been changed going out and only by 20 mins so hopfully that will now stay as it is seeing it's 7 weeks today. We have had a letter today telling us that our flight both ways in October have been changed we lose 5 1/2 hrs in Arillas and the extra suplament we paid for good timed flight. I wonder how much money they make this way. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

riggers

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 11:08:24 PM »
I'm with you Terry, i love the early flights too. We fly at 07.25 from Manchester. We will get to the airport about 04.00. I always say my holiday starts as soon as i get to the airport, so a nosey around and a few beers watching the planes, shops etc. I just hope they don't change our times also.........Oh and Arillas early afternoon (perfect) :) :D

riggers..........

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 11:45:42 PM »
My holiday starts the moment I leave the office.....
Sandy x

riggers

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 11:53:58 PM »
:D I can't argue with that one Sandy..........

riggers...

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2009, 12:04:17 AM »
We're with you all - we fly at 6am from Gatwick, but that means Brouklis by 1pm local time. Magic!

and like Sandy, ours starts as I drive out of work....

Phil

Offline garythebike

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2009, 09:27:17 AM »
Like you, Phil, we fly from Gatwick at 6am. I was'nt aware of this habit of T.C changing flight times which could be a major problem as we fly to Gatwick from Dublin the night before in readiness for our holiday and are already looking at 7 hours on airport benches (ok, several of them in the bar !).

Booking.com