Author Topic: Now booking: Easyjet- Manchester to Corfu.  (Read 15307 times)

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Re: Now booking: Easyjet- Manchester to Corfu.
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 06:30:14 PM »
Hi again

Just checked prices to change flights. £20 p/p each way plus as I said before if flight is cheaper you don't get a refund but you do pay if more . Plus they only fly on monday from Manchester , monday and friday from Bristol and everyday from Gatwick . So what I am saying is pick the flight , day and airport that fits in with your own plans and just bear with the toing and froing from the airports for the flexibility that suits .

Yammas

Dave

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 06:45:29 PM »
Hi Dave,

Sorry to contradict you, but when I looked earlier, from Manchester it was Mondays only in May/June then Mondays and Fridays July/August (- didn't notice what it was Sept/Oct).

Angie

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 09:41:53 PM »
Hi angiem

No prob and thanks for putting me right ( and apologies if I have misled anyone ), must admit I only looked at june as that is when we travel and I did'nt expect more flights just for july/august . Must be a new thing for easyjet .

Yammas

Dave

riggers

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2009, 06:12:50 PM »
I just knew this would happen when i have already got holidays booked for this year.

riggers....

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2009, 11:40:14 AM »
Yes, I went through the whole process and it worked out that I would have had to pay 316 to change so I think that we are going to just grin and bare it! Even with the petrol and hotel parking combo it is £60 cheaper plus we get a nice relaxing night in the hotel before we go. (Am i convincing anyone?!).

It is still very exciting to know that in the future we can get there so easily.  I am sure that they will start increasing the number of flights, making the possibility of a weekend away a very real option! :-)

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2009, 11:54:35 AM »
That's the best way of looking at it Jo....and there is always next year. Don't get too excited about weekends though. I thought that with the Gatwick flights but Easyjet have a nasty habit of putting the prices up at weekends....that's why I always travel mid-week now. The Friday flight for May half term is also coming in at £110 each way as opposed to about £30 on the other days.....very annoying.
Sandy x

Offline Fiona_Roger

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2009, 01:41:53 PM »
Hi Sandy & Jo,

We have just booked Easy Jet from Bristol in July for 3 weeks!!! Like you Jo I have already booked flights. I booked before Christmas with Thomas Cook as I was worried about availability and we are tied to the school holidays. I was just checking on friday evening how much I could have saved, as Thomas Cook have reduced their prices, and the easy jet flight popped up from Bristol I couldn't believe it. Even losing our deposit of £225 it has been cheaper to rebook and we can go for 3 weeks. This morning the prices have gone up for some flights so if any one wants to book do it quickly. We are now looking forward to 3 weeks at Irene Villas with Eleni and Spiros and can't wait. I just wish I had known Easy Jet were thinking of flying from Bristol. Never mind it's also great news for Arillas appartment owners with the Euro situation.

Fiona & Roger

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2009, 10:42:15 PM »
I have just booked an EasyJet flight from Bristol to Corfu in mid June for 4 weeks for £92.00 return! Checked with Thomson on their Cardiff flight first and they wanted £345 - no contest. Only 21 and a half weeks to go :-)

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2009, 11:30:51 PM »
wow, they are great prices! This will really do wonders for the enonomy in Arillas, just hope that it doesn't prove over popular and start getting mad busy! Yes, selfish I know!

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2009, 03:13:48 PM »
Hi All!
I have booked my flight with Thomsonfly from Cardiff on May 8th. I was quoted £345 too. Not wanting to risk losing this date I booked it. Now Easyjet are operating from Bristol it seems like £92 is such a low fare compared to Cardiff. My question is how do they do it? I have never traveled on one of these cut price flights. My Thomsonfly flight is covered by A.T.O.L. and another insurance for delay/cancellation. I get 25k baggage allowance an in flight meal and a choice of seat. Traveling alone I like things to be as 'stress free' as possible. I am considering a month in September this year. Honestly, are there any snags using Easyjet or any similar operator?
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2009, 06:00:56 PM »

Hey Martin,

My take on the Easy-Jet option is this...
As they clearly state, it's a no-frills kind of a service so no meals or complimentary drinks that sort of thing- you pay for what you fancy.
Having said that, they do serve meals & snacks & they're absolutely fine - just bear in mind that if it's a busy flight they may well run out of things - I was pretty grumpy when the guy in front of me got the last sandwich on the back from Corfu the last time we went :-)

You've got to watch your weight restrictions - but again, you can upgrade before you fly & purchase 'extra luggage weight' if you're concerned.

I would sincerely recommend flying with Easyjet. They know what they're doing, they're pretty personable & the saving is a huge incentive - it is for Christian & I anyway.
My suggestion? Give em a go Martin - I don't think you'll be disappointed :-)

BeckyB.

PS: Re-reading this just before posting it, it sounds slightly like I might have stocks & share in the company doesn't it? I haven't. Honest :-)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2009, 02:05:23 PM »
We have flown with EasyJet many times and last year to Corfu was a "doddle".  No problems at all.  Meals werent a problem as we ate in the airport before and took some snacks if we wanted them and bought water airside.  We arrived on time even though the flight was very slightly delayed.  We had loads of seating room, more than previous airline flights.  All in all we were very impressed!

We thought it would be a "bun fight" to get seats as we didnt book Speedy booking but it wasnt a big deal, there were loads of seats.  We would definately book with them again - go for it Martin, there's nothing to worry about.  I actually think they are more reliable than other airlines as they have a lot to live up to.

We have flown with Ryannair too without any problems.  My daughter regularly flies from Germany with them and we have too.  They have a  booking system where you just put in your booking number etc on a small computer and it prints your ticket out then you check in your bags. (well they did at Stansted)
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2009, 04:13:55 PM »
decided to book easyjet from bristol going in june, inquired about apts, got that sorted, then today, the flights have gone up by £60 each!!! so its back to being cheaper to do the package, when you take into account transfer etc. perhaps i missed out if they've been booking easyjet from bristol for a while all the cheap seats have gone!!! so, still haven't booked anything yet, and the more i am dallying the more expensive it's getting.
ger x

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2009, 04:56:52 PM »
Just checked with easyjet and the flight I bought last friday for £92 is now on sale for £133 so I guess it's best to book as early as you can. Mind you even with the cost of travelling to Bristol it's still a bargain compared with fares from Cardiff and the parking at Bristol is much cheaper than Cardiff as well.

Offline chorltonfiona

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
    • TickerFactory
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2009, 06:25:12 PM »
Def best to book early - I missed a really good price of £111pp for August from Manchester, but have now paid £193, which includes the charge they have for paying with credit card, bags checked in etc.  still less than last year on Air Malta at any rate!

And yes I know it is a no-frills airline, but surely it can only be better than Air Malta - they ran out of food too and we were delayed for a day and a half!

So now booked for August, can't wait! :)

Booking.com