Author Topic: New Visitors to Arillas  (Read 21197 times)

Offline SteveL

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
New Visitors to Arillas
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2005, 11:57:36 AM »
Dionysoss I and II, which Viv refers to, are part of the Rainbow (along with Nafsika) and so have a nice pool right on their doorstep.

Steve & Val

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Thetis
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2005, 03:32:30 PM »
Harold
If the "Hotel Thetis" is the one you are thinking about, and is the newish hotel with an appartment block / restaurant and pool at the front, then this is the one you can book with Arillas Travel direct. Olga showed us round the apartments last year and very nice they are too. Quite spacious with double bed, plenty of sitting space - and TV. I think the price she quoted us was about £28 a night for two.
Negg

Offline Lyndsaym

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
New Visitors to Arillas
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2005, 03:41:19 PM »
Hi Eggy

We were in Arillas the 2nd week of September last year and stayed at the Bardis Sun Hotel.  This is a real chill out place so i would recommend that.

Lyndsay
Can't wait til next year!!!

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
New Visitors to Arillas
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2005, 08:30:05 PM »
Eggy, it was Nikos i could not think of,The Thetis is set in a lovely area,Sally and i enjoy walking around there,you would not know you were in Arillas it's so peaceful and quiet up there.We found the area by accident 2 yrs ago,we were looking for the 2 Villas that were with Simply Ionian at the time(they no longer do them)and at over £1000 each for 2 weeks at the beginning of May we decided against them.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
"Nikos"
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2005, 08:59:58 PM »
Thanks for that Harold. £1000 each? Butler and Maid service included, I hope?

Offline carol

• Arillas Addict
New Visitors to Arillas
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2005, 08:35:40 PM »
Hi Harold,Why is it called dirty old man corner  :?  ??????and ive stayed at Nikos and its beautiful up there.cx
Im going to become to nanna for the first time in February cx

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
New to Arillas
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2005, 08:40:09 PM »
Thanks to all for a great response. Our friends have narrowed it down to 2 places. - I think I will now keep you all in suspense until they make their decision.  A close third was Lucy's beach tent ( See "The Beach" ref Stuart) But was eliminated because there was no maid service.
However....... Arillas here they come in September. (19th to 26th)
Negg

Offline Stuart

New Visitors to Arillas
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2005, 09:19:09 PM »
Eggy

Don't be too sure that Lucy wouldn't provide room service.  It would only take a couple of swishes of her tail and the place would be sick and span.   :D

There wouldn't be any bathrooms to clean either - a couple of doggy poo bags should do the trick.  :mrgreen:

In fact, she would even bring them a couple of bougatsas for breakfast - that is, if they don't mind her carrying them down in her mouth?  
 :P

On second thoughts, there might not actually be much of the bougatsas left by the time she got to the tent, so perhaps your friends have got the right idea after all.   :oops:

Stuart
Stuart
Na Pate Kala

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
New Visitors to Arillas
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2005, 11:30:30 PM »
Carol,
dirty old man corner is the corner by the Sea breeze,Years ago an old couple lived in the little house thats right on the corner (now the kitchen area of the sea breeze)the old man used to have a wee on the corner thats why sally and i refer to it as dirty old man corner
Harold,

Offline alex

• Arillas Addict
new to arillas
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2005, 10:05:54 PM »
hi eggy i will be there in sept i fly in on the 23rd hope to meet you and your friends alex

Offline malky

New Visitors to Arillas
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2005, 02:03:57 PM »
Hi Harold,

:lol: Thats Thomas's dads and Yanni's grandad your talking about at that corner, the old man passed away but the grannie still lives in the little hut at the back of the Arillas Bay apts.

:wink:
DID i SAY RELAXING......

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
New Visitors to Arillas
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2005, 07:09:20 PM »
Hello Malky,
i knew who's father it was,but did not want to put a name up to save any embarrasment.I knew he had died,but did not know that his wife was still around,thtas nice to hear.He was always a friendly old man and always said hello whenever we pasted(sol ong as he was not busy).The corner house was just a hut as well i suppose.Him having a wee did not bother us Sally would just look away as we past and i suppose it was part of village life :)
Harold,

Offline malky

New Visitors to Arillas
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2005, 09:48:49 PM »
Not to worry, Harold. He had led a FULL life. :lol:

The old dear still wanders around by the pool when she wants to and has many great stories to tell :P
DID i SAY RELAXING......

Offline Pete E

New Visitors to Arillas
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2005, 05:25:00 PM »
I've just posted a reply to the thread - Nikos Studios - and then seen that Nikos gets a mention in this thread. Does anyone have experience of Nikos? We have booked a maisonette there through Manos and are not really sure what to expect. We love peace and quiet so it sounds ideal - but they always do in the brochure, don't they!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
New Visitors to Arillas
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2005, 07:55:17 PM »
Good People
Just to let you know that our friends have now decided on their first holiday to Arillas. They are booking the Hotel Thetis, room & Breakfast, with Arillas Travel for the 23rd to 30th September. Working out the costings, added to flight only and a taxi to and from the Airport comes to about £590 for the 2 of them. So how does that compare, I wonder, to booking a local hotel through an English tour operator.?
There was a recent query about Taxi costs, somewhere on the site, but not sure where. Booked through Arillas Travel it comes in at about £32, one way, based on an exchange rate of e1.44.
Regards the Nikos enquiry from Pete E. I am not sure whe the Nikos is  but I am sure a lot of others know and can offer feedback.
Negg

Booking.com