Author Topic: New Visitors to Arillas  (Read 21192 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
New Visitors to Arillas
« on: March 02, 2005, 03:42:00 PM »
OK Good People of the Forum, get your thinking caps on.
Friends of ours want to spend a week in Arillas in September. They are child free and want fairly quiet accomadation, with a pool, maybe 5/10 minutes from the beach. ( No hills to walk up or down ) They were going to do flight only but with flight prices seeming to be on the increase probably a package deal would be cheaper and easier for first time visitors. Recommendations very welcome.
Negg

Offline harold

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
New Visitors to Arillas
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 04:59:54 PM »
Eggy,
The Horizon is nice and quiet has a lift and a pool no hills,Bardis sun(though maybe a bit noisy)Ivan will be in a better position than me over the Bardis.Mathraki also ask Eileen.they are the only ones that fall into all the cats.Up hill (gentle walk) is the Rainbow complex,rest of the places are a bit to far out.Makris now has a pool and has always been quiet,then you have the Gallini, Tri Adlephi and also just past the Gallini the new place and also on the corner by the stream the place owned by the people from Arillas Travel.I dont think there are anymore in Arillas with pools,oops tell a lie there is one up past the Tri Adelphi it's with Manos but i do not know its name.Then there is Anna's of course but that IS up a hill
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline SteveL

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
New Visitors to Arillas
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 05:14:41 PM »
Only been to Arillas once (so far). Stayed at the Rainbow, nice people, nice pool, not too noisy, 5 - 10 mins walk to beach.
Can't speak for anywhere else, but have booked the Rainbow again for this year.

Steve & Val

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
New Visitors to Arillas
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 05:49:40 PM »
Also Arillas Bay. has it's own pool. Just behind Sea Breeze, Manos, I think thats the one Harold's thinking of. A nice roomy apartment  with a triffic view but does not have a lift.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
New Visitors to Arillas
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 06:17:44 PM »
Hello Viv,
No i forgot about Sea Breeze,on dirty old man corner.The place i was thinking of is before you get into Arillas,its the first place you come to as you start to drop down from the main road,its on the right,about a 30 minute walk from the front.
Harold,

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
New Visitors to Arillas
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 08:55:38 PM »
Hello Eggy,

We have only stayed in Annas and Mathraki, both to be recommended, but Annas is up a hill so that one is out!

Well you've read all I can say about the Mathraki, I've written about it often enough :roll:   I've never known it to be noisy, that is one of the reasons we keep going back, it's such a 'chillout' zone :D within an easy walk to the beach.

There is also Thetis Hotel just around the corner from the Mathraki, it looks gorgeous, but I don't think that it is with a tour operator, your friends would have to book it independently.  Last year another member had booked up The Thetis and was requesting information, it would be interesting to find out how he enjoyed it.

Harold, are the apartments you are talking about called Katerinas, set back a little off the road?

Eileenx

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
New Visitors to Arillas
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 09:41:55 PM »
Eggy,
       Bardis Apts. were very quiet (last Oct.) nice, the only downside was fairly small rooms, Bardis Hotel (we're going in May) has bigger rooms and a nice pool area. I would class either as very good accomadation
                                                   Ivan
     PS been bad, still stuck at lesson 20, very busy!

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
New Visitors to Arillas
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 10:39:05 PM »
We always stay at the bardis sun,hotel,and we love it.

Offline malky

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
New Visitors to Arillas
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2005, 11:55:56 PM »
Eggy,
 You never said when they are going to Corfu.

but there is nothing for the Arillas bay apts for june. let us know when so we can look out for anything...
DID i SAY RELAXING......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
New Visitors to Arillas
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2005, 03:33:42 PM »
Many thanks to all for the info. Although being  regular visitors to Arillas, for longer than I care to remember, the last 7 years (clue there!) we have done flight only so when it comes to recommending package deals we are in out of touch. I think our friends plan is the 2nd week in September when all this info received will be looked at.
Cheers All
Negg

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
New Visitors to Arillas
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2005, 07:34:37 PM »
Eileen,
still not sure about the name of the place(it will bug me until May now)is the Thetis that new place around the back,is it timeshare?I know that there was a couple of timeshare touts about 2 yrs ago and Dimitris and a few other people were not pleased about it and i agree with them.
Eggy,
Early September can be quiet expensive with the tour operators i have noticed.
Harold,

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
New Visitors to Arillas
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2005, 09:06:42 PM »
Right Harold,Don't want you schathing your head tell May, Hope your sure it's Manos. Here we go then, the one's in thier b2005 are Kokinos (no Pool) Galina, Tropicana, Makris, Dionysooss 1&11 (dosn't mention a pool) Nafsika, Bakery (no pool) Nikos, Korikis (no pool) Perry & Jiimmy's (no pool) Leonidas (no pool)  Arillas Bay, Tria Adelhia,  I do have a map but dont know how to scan it in. If you need it I will ask Pete when he get's a chance (mind you that could be May the way work's pileing up. Hope you reconise the name of the one that's bugging you. Love to Sally and thank her for clearing up. Love Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline alex

• Arillas Addict
where to stay
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2005, 10:52:32 PM »
i have stayed at the marina and the bardis hotel it has always been quiet there and the rooms are not a bad size. i won ivan round when i showed him nd avril round highly reccomended. where ever you chose i think you will be satisfied with. alex

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
New Visitors to Arillas
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2005, 12:27:39 AM »
Yes Harold The Thetis is the new place 'around the back'.  I remember the tout, (I only saw one), I asked him if it was timeshare he was touting and he got quite angry with me for even mentioning the word. He followed me up the street all the time denying it was timeshare, but would not tell me exactly what he was selling if it was not timeshare! :?  :?  :?

Walk past the Tria Adelphi on the road out of Arillas, keeping The T.Adelphi on your right side, a few minutes further up the road on the left set back of the road are Katerinas apts....but then again mabes they are not the ones you meant in the first place. :roll:

Eileenx

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
New Visitors to Arillas
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2005, 10:09:22 AM »
Thanks Viv,
i have looked at Manos online and it's Nikos
Harold,

Booking.com