Author Topic: The Sea temperature at the end of May.  (Read 9282 times)

Offline MicK-G

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
The Sea temperature at the end of May.
« on: November 24, 2008, 05:38:25 PM »
I've booked to come back with my family for a week at the end of May 2009. I just wanted to know what is the sea temperature like at this time of the year and how busy is Arillas? We usually holiday in Arillas for the first two weeks in August but next year we've decided to have two holidays out there. In August the Sea can be quite cool on some days and I wanted to know if the sea is warm enough in May or if I'll be staying in the pool.

Offline raff

• www.ukfitshape.com
Re: The Sea temperature at the end of May.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 06:06:43 PM »
Mick.
    I hope its nice and cold for you!!!!! Hope to see you in August. Are you coming to Leamington to watch them thump Chasetown...

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 07:53:59 PM »
The sea will be pretty chilly in May....if you want it warm you need to go in September/October!
Sandy x

Offline MicK-G

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 02:01:08 PM »
When is the leamington game Raff? I may well come with the kids to see the mighty Chasetown put you in your place.

Offline raff

• www.ukfitshape.com
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 02:34:51 PM »
Monday 13th April.  Should be a good game, gives you a chance to see the champions elect in action. Back on top!!  Still haven't sorted flights yet.  sophie wants to go a week early.  Say hello to the family and keep in touch.  Raff

Offline MicK-G

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 03:36:27 PM »
If the Villa aren't at home we'll come. Have you checked thomas cook for flights? We've paid £300 for our flights in May and a little more for August. I went through the main site and not the flythomascook site as there was better deals on there. Emily's playing for Hednesford this season, she's really enjoying it.

Offline martin-w

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 01:33:46 PM »
Hi Mick!
I prefer to go to Arillas in May as the resort is 'waking up' and it is generally very quiet. The sea is not too bad, I usually manage a dip! Great time for walking as the day temperature is normally in 70'sF. You might have an occasional shower of rain.
I am going on 8th. May next year for two weeks, and then hopefully in September for three weeks. Sea is much warmer then and the resort is 'winding down' a bit.
Martin.

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 10:39:15 PM »
Hi Mick
Agree with Martin-w.  Was there in May this year and enjoyed plenty of time in the sea.  Have found the sea at Arillas very variable in temperature.  A few calm days and it warms rapidly, but if there is wind which stirs up the water then it can be quite cold.  Think you will be able to swim ok.
PJ

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Booking.com