Author Topic: For darts lovers only - Others may be bored to tears.  (Read 351552 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: For darts lovers only - Others may be bored to tears.
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2008, 02:58:45 PM »

One hundred and eiigghhtyyyyyyy !!

Cheers Nan x

Nan - Nearly two last night, one by me and one by Mike! In both cases the last dart literally on the top wire.

A good response at Three W's last night with 14 people playing.
Not all want their pic taken but I had permission granted to post this one.

Owner, Xrisanthos, is knelt bottom right.
Stood from left to right. Mandy , Fiona, Mike , Helen , Andy and Doug.
Knelt is Paul and Xris.
I don't know surnames but, perhaps some of you know some of them?

Many good games last night. ( Secret practicing somewhere , maybe )

Jimmy, Rainbow had a cracker of a game with Mike and a 76 out gave him a 2-1 victory.
I was lucky to beat Doug in a prelim round 2-1. He hasn't played for 10 years but still knows the way round a dartboard.
Mandy had darts to beat Andy but lost 2-0. Then I beat Andy 2-0.
The semis saw Jimmy playing Paul and me against Xris. Paul, fresh from his Night Owl knock out win beat Jimmy 2-1 and, as I was wobbling less than Xris, at 10:30 pm I won 2-0.

The final gave me a bit of revenge against Paul for beating me at the "Owl" and I scraped through 2-1.

Anyone still awake out there?

Being fascinated with numbers I've been compiling a points system, at each K/O.
Awarding points down to losing semi finlists gives us a table like this:-

Paul - 27
Negg - 27
Jimmy - 21
Xris - 12
Mick -10

Bearing in mind that Jimmy has missed 2 K/O's isn't he doing well.
2 Greek dart players in the top 5 can't be bad!

Loadsa fun and next one at Night Owl on Tuesday.
Cheers
Negg

Nan

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2008, 08:28:54 PM »
You should get an application in now for the world championships before it's too late. I'd have a bet that's for sure

Cheers Nan x

riggers

« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2009, 12:44:14 AM »
Neill ,i have obtained a Dartboard 3 days ago, be very affraid when we next meet. :) haha maybe not i have to re wallpaper the room. I have hit treble 20 ,3 times in 1000000000000000000 arrows though.

Take care mate.

riggers.............

Offline Lindypops

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2009, 12:51:21 AM »
There`s a challenge,lol.
Lindypops.

Nan

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2009, 11:26:22 AM »
What's the latest news from the Nightowl?  Been watching Ted Hankey lately? I saw the programme on dartplayers wives talk about poisoned arrows!  In fairness they were all lovely and very supportive of their fellas.

Cheers Nan xx

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2009, 06:06:49 PM »
Riggers , me 'ole mucker you ! - No two games are the same for me and I'm not proud, I don't mind being beaten by anyone, any age.

Nan , Night Owl having a bash tomorrow night. Should be interesting. Nickos, when not doing the cooking, loves to play and is quite partial to scoring on 19's and hitting double one! ( He leaves double one on purpose - 19 d1 - 17 d1 - SCARY! )
His boys have taken to the game very well and improve all the time.

Only 4 people turned up for the last Three W's game but we still had a good night.
I think the bad weather, recently ,keeps people at home in the warm.
Plenty of time though.

Lindy P, Tell Mal I lost to him once and once is enough. Roll on the summer for a bit of revenge.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2009, 08:43:40 AM »
I`ll tell him Eggy,lol. Revenge is sweet indeed. You show him. Have a good do at The Owl today, and please give them my best wishes. Bfn.xx
Lindypops.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2009, 02:12:07 PM »
So, off I went to Night Owl, last night, expecting 6 to 8 people to turn up for the Knock out. - Bad weather usually keeps everyone indoors.

But.... We had 20 entries ! - Aaargh !
We drew the names for partners and played as a pairs knock out or we would have been there all night.

Local "Afionas" man , Bob and I were drawn as a pair and were obviously favourites but no one told Paul from Arillas that and him and lady partner beat us in the semi-final. A very nice double eight, with first dart, by her put paid to us.

Young Night Owl" Petros has been watching Father,Nickos play and together with his lady partner they won their first round. He wanted 21 and went 19 double 1.
(Not a fluke as he told me what he was going to do in his next throw - Hmmmm !)

Paul and Lyn lost the final 2-1 to Doug and Tony. Doug is the guy I mentioned in a recent Three W's post. ( Hadn't played darts for 10 years , up to now )
Loads a fun and nobody got rich. We only charge one euro each and even the losing semi finalist got a drink from the proceeds.

Next one on Thursday at Three W's then following Tuesday at the Owl.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2009, 02:13:07 PM »
Lindy P
Your best wishes were passed on to the "Owl Family "
Negg

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2009, 03:32:44 PM »
Thanks Eggy. They are  lovely, aren`t they? Enjoyed your post, and look f/ward to more results. Carry on the good work.
Lindypops.

Nan

« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2009, 12:30:40 PM »
WE WANT MORE DARTS!  Will Doug and Tony  carry on their run of good form or will Paul and Lyn make em ave it????    Update when you can hope it was good fun

Cheers Nan x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2009, 06:44:27 PM »
Nan

Night Owl tonite for a bit of serious stuff!

Just the four of us . Me , Bob and Jimmy n Spiros from Rainbow.

Tomorrow Night is the next session at Three W's

There is a possibility of making 3 darts teams playing from 3 local places in Feb.
( Could be fun ! )
Cheers
Negg

Offline Timbo

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Lost count of how many visits now! :)
    • Facebook
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2009, 11:00:43 PM »
Neill, James & I will be back in September to give you some practice, well James will anyway. :-)

You'll have to let me know nearer the time, what supplies you need bringing over too, I'm sure James will gladly add it to his 'weekly' order from dartscorner!!

He's clocked up countless 180's since we last saw you, me, I've still only hit the one!! But I think I will now be putting in 7 months solid practice!!

Tim
I always have a great holiday in Arillas.... I wish I could take it up professionally!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2009, 06:43:52 PM »
WE WANT MORE DARTS!  Will Doug and Tony  carry on their run of good form or will Paul and Lyn make em ave it????   
Cheers Nan x

Nan
On Tuesday the names were drawn from the hat for a pairs K/O and I partenred Lyn.
We lost the final but she played well - It was me that missed the final winning double.
Paul is certainly top of the tree at the mo.

Order of merit, by games won and attended is:-
Paul
Negg
Jimmy
Xrisanthos
Bob
Lyn

The serious stuff I spoke about, Just the four of us was a good night.
Night Owl's new dartboard, bought back from America, by Linda the week before, was duly christened with a 180. - Not by me but by Jimmy ! - His first ever!

Thursday at Three W's
We made two teams of 6 & played 9 legs of pairs. My " drawn" team won 8-1 but all games went 2-1
A very good night and there will be more to come. There is talk now of the "Armourada" having a winter team which will play us and two other teams in a small league.
All around Arillas which does not involve too much travelling.

Timbo
I'm hoping that darts will have caught on a bit more for the summer. There is also talk of the Rainbow having a summer "Home" darts team which will play there every Tuesday night and will happily take on 6 "visitors"
Night Owl are keeping their board up for the summer and will probably have a regular team as well.
Three W's will also be another place to go. James will certainly get some good games there. Especially from Xrisanthos, owner, who does throw a mean dart.

Pagi also are seriously looking at a regular team, including Lyn. A super crowd to spend a relaxing evening with.

And me ? - Very desperate for some more singles games. I hear Roda has some good players there so a visit is due soon.
The problem is that it takes me an hour to get the bones lubricated.

If I need any supplies Tim then I'll let you know.(Can you get decent knees and a new arm?)

Cheers
Negg

riggers

« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2009, 11:14:21 PM »
I am now hitting 26, 22,24,35, and if i get lucky 40 something :) . I can only get better.  :D

riggers...........

Booking.com