Author Topic: Places to visit around Arillas, by feet or wheels.  (Read 63856 times)

Offline sharonF

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Places to visit around Arillas, by feet or wheels.
« Reply #180 on: September 22, 2009, 01:15:56 PM »
Neil, sorry we missed you this time, I did keep looking for you! 

Is the new board your talking about the one at Vavilas?  Thomas has a lovely new menu board outside, signed by J Walsh.

Sharon x

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #181 on: September 22, 2009, 02:09:43 PM »
Thanks Viv!
Really got me in the mood for my Arillas return, a preview of all those great sights. Can't wait to 'do it all again' when I get there.
Sharon, I will have to check our Thomas' Taverna for that sign. It was about time he had a new one! Hope he is open when I am there, he does tend to open late May, and close at the end of September. The food there is wonderful, especially the 'seafood platter'!
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #182 on: September 22, 2009, 02:33:42 PM »
Hi Martin, and his prices have actually gone down!  Food is just a gorgeous as ever and Thomas was on form, he had us giggling away. 

Sharon x

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #183 on: September 22, 2009, 04:54:26 PM »
Hi Sharon,
That makes it a 'must'. I went there twice in May and had a great time on both occasions, last to leave, and had a good chat with Thomas, his wife, mum and the children. You are right he is such a character and always so happy. I always thought his prices were good value for money, but if they have gone down, so much the better! I like the walk home after, especially in May, when all the firefly's are about to light the way, the frogs are croaking.
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #184 on: September 22, 2009, 05:24:12 PM »
Hi Martin and Sharon
the prices going down makes  me want to go back all the more - Martin I can remember the fireflies and Frogs croaking magical, and  Mr Marmite croaking too! in May,  remember when you caught a fire fly in your hand and it was lighting up on your shirt - Not long for your return visit

Take Care
Mary :) :)

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #185 on: September 22, 2009, 06:05:39 PM »
Yes it was a great night Mary. Then back to Poppy's for one or three drinks with Margaret and the rest of the 'May' bunch. We did have a good laugh, Bobby kept us all entertained.
Hope we can do it all again next May!
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #186 on: September 22, 2009, 06:33:04 PM »
Neil, sorry we missed you this time, I did keep looking for you! 

Is the new board your talking about the one at Vavilas?  Thomas has a lovely new menu board outside, signed by J Walsh.

Sharon x

Sharon n Billy
So sorry never caught you. - I did pop into the Nut a coupla times and wa at Rainbow.
Ne'er mind - Next time.

You're right about the board though. The biggie at Vavillas. - Now we need a piccie.
Sure you both enjoyed here, as normal, and again sorry we never had a chat,

Cheers
Negg

Mary H. - Mr Marmite "croaking" ? - Was this something to do with his pacemaker?
( Too much electric in the air maybe? )

More wanted of places to go n visit people. We live here and you'd be amazed of what we miss or take for granted. - That is a very bad thing indeed!

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #187 on: September 22, 2009, 07:34:32 PM »
Eggy ha  ha Mr Marmite - I darnt tell you who it was it was someone I gave a nickname to! Martin  and Sharon know who I mean. Yes and Martin here's to next May. Bobby was such a laugh I especially was amused by his impression of a Geordie accent.

Take Care

Mary
;) ;):)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #188 on: September 23, 2009, 02:07:29 AM »
Was it in place in July? I have a memory (or a premonition?) of commenting to Jen about the new look menu board at Thomas's. Sadly didn't think to take a pic. Jen has forgotten, so I could be dreaming.

In any case I cannot agree more with all the comments - Vavilas is a wonderful place to eat local sea food. And Thomas and family are so much part of what makes Arillas so special. My favourite is the medley, or seafood platter - whatever you want to call it. Like Martin, it is what I always ask for. Thomas's choice of the best fish. Fabulous. And now cheaper than ever. But to be honest, I always leave a large tip because it is worth much more than he charges.

Phil

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #189 on: September 23, 2009, 02:59:42 PM »
LOL, Mary am sure Mr Marmite was there last week, saw him on balcony at bardis and whizzing about on a scooter!

Aw Neil, bet we kept missing each other, went past Rainbow a couple of times, but spent most days at marina pool (and bar!).

Martin, thats my favourite time when the fireflies and frogs are out and about, its magic isnt it.

Sharon x

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #190 on: September 23, 2009, 03:29:41 PM »
Sharon Mr Marmite was and still is there - he arrived two days after me - I saw him chug chugging along on his scooter!

Mary :) :)

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #191 on: September 23, 2009, 04:44:40 PM »
I knew it!  The old sod, i should have gone and blown a big raspberry in his face, lol. 

Sharon x

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #192 on: September 23, 2009, 04:58:56 PM »
Hmm, I just googled Mr Marmite and came up with Daniel Craig???
Mary and Martin - look forward to seeing you both again in May
Janis x
and hopefully get to meet the Eggy Weggies!!

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #193 on: September 23, 2009, 07:46:38 PM »
Mr Marmite was in Martins room' bl--dy cheek. Dont ask me how I know I just heard it from the jungle drums. LOL.  I think a lot of peoples favourte time in Corfu is beginning of May, the fresh flowers the Fireflys, the weather, shell I go on. Better Not. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #194 on: September 23, 2009, 10:25:53 PM »
Yes Viv I saw it with my own eyes Mr Marmite lounging on Martin's balcony grunting! Janis here's to May :)

Booking.com