Author Topic: Size of the beach  (Read 132243 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Size of the beach
« Reply #210 on: August 05, 2011, 12:44:47 AM »
I am elated to say that the North end is just great. Very accessible just a little wading. Tip from the top, don't try to manouvre the waters edge with all the pebbles, wade in the sea a mere few feet(still only calf high) then its easy peesy lemon squeezy x

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #211 on: August 05, 2011, 10:59:28 AM »
We were the same as DronnyDave. 2008 was our first visit and the beach was complete north to south. Kids were playing football on the wide expanses of the far south. I know everyone loves the north beach but the snorkelling off the far end of the south beach is fantastic.

2010 was such a shock to us as only our second visit. Where had it all gone??? This year by all accounts seems better so fingers crossed for 2012 and our third visit. only about 320 sleeps to go.

PS Has anyone ever come across octapus while snorkelling off Arillas? Seen them in Dassia, Kassiopi and Paxos, but not Arillas so far.....Maybe the sharks eat them all :-)

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #212 on: August 05, 2011, 02:12:35 PM »
Thanks for the info and top tip Jo.  
GazCaz: Have snorkelled quite a bit mainly round the jetty and most often near the headland between Arillas & San Stef.  Never seen an octopus though.  Will take my gear again in September and keep a special Octowatch!

PJ

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline DronnyDave

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #213 on: August 05, 2011, 02:31:40 PM »
Thanks Jo,

It really does sound as if a trip over the hill will be worth it.

Please keep some sunshire in reserve for next week.

Regards

Dave

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #214 on: January 17, 2012, 03:05:16 PM »
So, we are into 2012 and as usual an important question is how the beach is looking? I know it can all change with a sudden storm or change of wind or current, but the beach watch for 2012 starts here. This will be our 3rd visit, 2008 was a fantastic beach year, 2010 not so good, here is hoping 2012 is more like our first visit. Whatever the case, can't wait till June.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #215 on: January 17, 2012, 04:34:10 PM »
We've had a similar thing happen when we have stayed in Anaxos, Lesvos. Yes I hope its a big beach year for 2012 in Arillas !
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline kevin.g

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #216 on: January 17, 2012, 06:34:07 PM »
gazcaz..
ditto ,,big beach ,small beach,,arillas has so much more ,the people ,the ambiance ,the food ,the pools ,the warm welcomes,,roll on june ..yammas.x

Offline Angela66

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #217 on: June 18, 2012, 07:05:51 PM »
The beach looks bigger today:)

Only 5 weeks and I shall be seeing it for real:)

Offline jeff and di

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #218 on: June 21, 2012, 12:02:20 AM »
not much info on this thread how is the beach this year? not able to be there until September but hopefull there is lots of sand especially the area in front of the Kaloudis.

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #219 on: June 21, 2012, 11:35:34 AM »
Yes, please may we have a beach size report, preferably including information about the north, central and south areas.  I know it can change rapidly if there is a storm, but we beach lovers like to keep tabs on what the shifting sands are doing.
Regards to all Forum Folk
PJ

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Booking.com