Author Topic: San Stefanos to Arillas  (Read 12957 times)

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
Re: San Stefanos to Arillas
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 10:12:34 PM »

That made me chuckle BG - Christian is also a big fella - it just wouldn't be happening :-)

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 07:13:46 PM »
Hi all, we did it by foot, trying to find the San Stefanos boat hire. In the early July sun we did the donkey track way from Arillas.

We missed the boat hire office by 50 yards and ended up walking all the way along the San Stefanos beach to the cliffs at the end of the beach. A we were cursing the kidnapping of all the boats we looked back and saw the harbour full of boats some mile back along the beach from where we had come from. So we walked all the way to that, realised the office was not there walked all the way back to the San Stef centre, colapsed into a taverna, ate, drank and ate some more to recover. Then we noticed the office was next door (almost, 50 yeards away). After hiring a boat we walked all the way back to Arillas. Six hours in total. My sun glasses fell apart in the heat....bloody Next! Bought some new ones from a little shop that doubled up as a diving centre, lovely lady there, English and very chatty, My fake Ray Bans still look the business for 8 euros. My blisters were popped several times en-route (you might have heard the screams as I went in the sea foretting the salt effect :-) ). But despite it all and swollen feet like the Elephant man for 3 days, it was a wonderful time. saying that, next time it will be on a scooter for sure and collecting several pizzas. :-)

Gaz & Caz

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2008, 09:58:12 PM »
I hate havng to retrace my steps and its worse when its hot!  We wanted to get to the harbour as the previous times we had been to San Stef we didnt even know there was one.  We walked to the top of the cliff... and looked down!  Couldnt face getting down there and then coming back... well we were hungry and thirsty!  We made do with a couple of photos instead!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2008, 12:30:03 PM »
Just been looking at the video i shot and meant to ask this before there are 2 people walking up the road 1 in a blue shirt the other in a reddish shirt and wondered if it was any of the forum members do you recognise yourselves? it was taken about noon on the 26th of august
                                         Tony

Booking.com