Author Topic: Manos/Thomas Cook 2009  (Read 23257 times)

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
Re: Manos/Thomas Cook 2009
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2008, 11:55:15 PM »
Credit crunch and raising fuel prices I am afriad to say, much as after 9/11 consolidation is the only way to protect the traditional package holiday.

As with everything else its all going to cost a lot more, flights this time next year could be up to 50% more than they are now, airlines just cannot afford to operate as many flights as before, reducing costs such as this is the only way to keep these holidays affordable.

Ryanair is already feeling it, just check the news today.

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2008, 12:24:33 PM »
have been looking at booking the akti arilla again for next june, and they are not being offered, have checked through the whole of june and july and they don't appear at all?!  might have to book independantly if we cant get to our favourite place on a package.
ger x

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2008, 12:28:52 PM »
Ger - this seems to be happening with a lot of the Thomas Cook properties. The Rainbow accommodation does not appear online, nor does Tria Adelphia and I am sure they will be available. Don't know what the problem is.
Sandy x

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2008, 12:38:27 PM »
i'll keep looking then, and hassle the travel agents!!
ger x

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2008, 01:20:43 PM »
Had another meeting today, we will be operating at a reduced capacity in 2009, less flights so naturally less properties to offer.

As I mentioned before the main contributing factor will be fuel cost but inflation and the chances of an even stronger Euro will hit us hard.

The upshot is that if bookings exceed expectaions then we can always add capacity so don't take what you see know as the be all and end all.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2008, 01:25:33 PM »
This is all very worrying for the property owners in Arillas....and of course elsewhere. Normally, to book an apartment at the Rainbow complex for example during school holidays you need to have booked by May for the following year. It seems strange that by the end of July people cannot even find their property listed....
Sandy x

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2008, 01:29:57 PM »
Just checked here on the internal machines and all legacy TCX properties (Mirage, Marvellous and Atki) are showing as available for 2009, maybe more issues with the bookings systems or websites but they are there.

No idea about the Manos properties.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2008, 02:31:12 PM »
I booked our flights for next year with Avro,  going from 29th June to 13th July from Birmingham, and the total cost is £514.00. This includes pre-booked seats and meals.

The total this year was was £412, so the flights are about £50 more per seat.

I did find that I that got a better price by telephoning Avro, rather than by booking online.

Our prices for the Horizion are €5.00 per day extra, for next year, but the price is for half board and not bed and breakfast.

Overall, the basic holiday will cost about £150.00 more than this year, for flight and accommodation.

This information may be useful for some people.

Only 11 months to wait :-(

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2008, 02:42:07 PM »
That's good news for TC but Manos really need to get their act together or they will lose bookings for next year.
Sandy x

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2008, 05:54:31 PM »
Hi all, got a reply from Manos for my latest e-mail.

Subject
2009 holidays

Discussion Thread
 Response (Lou) 29/07/2008 11.21 AM
Dear Sir / Madam

Thank you for your email.

As previously advised, I am in the pre travel services department and we are unable to deal with creating bookings but you can contact our reservations team on 0871 664 7658 and they shall assist with creating a new booking for you.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us by phone on 0871 664 7940.

Kind Regards

Lou

MyTravel E-mail Customer Help Desk
Thomas Cook UK and Ireland
Part of the Thomas Cook Group PLC
 Customer (Michael ********) 28/07/2008 08.56 PM

(My e-mail)

What my querry is about is, do you have more than the "Kokinos" and "Leonidas" to book in Arillas Corfu in 2009. These are the only two accommodations shown on your internet site for Arillas and I have been unable to see a brochure for 2009, I have been to my local travel agency and they are unable to offer any assistance as they can only see the same accommodation as me and have not had a look at a 2009 brochure.
Please let me know either way so that I can book my holiday for next year. M ********.

It looks like I am not going to get the answer to my question, therefore I will have to use another company or companies to get my annual Arillas fix. We have used Manos since 1996 for our visits because that was when the Tria Adelphia started with them, but I refuse to use night flights, book on the overpriced phone numbers and not know how much they are going to charge me untill the end of a long phonecall.
Rant over, see Arillas soon, Mick

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2008, 04:29:22 PM »
We have just got a Manos brochure for 2009. All the usual properties are listed and shown, the prices have gone up a bit and for the Tria Adelphia they are now charging a third person supplement for the studio's (first time ever), there is only one early flight instead of two. So there is still something to cheer about :-) . Mick

Offline SteveL

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2008, 06:30:44 PM »
I've just done a search on Manos website and The Rainbow properties are now showing.  Dionyssos I (which I think includes Dionyssos II) and Nafsika.
As you'd expect, prices are higher than this year's but at least they are available again to book for 2009.

Steve

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2008, 11:03:10 PM »
Hi there, we have just come back from Arillas and I spoke to Jimmy at the Rainbow about booking direct and I think that they themselves are pretty much in the dark about how things wil go for 2009.  At the moment I think they are waiting for confirmation from the Tour Operator regarding how many if not all apartments are allocated to them.  As we wanted to assure that we got the dates we wanted ASAP we booked the Marina Apartments for next year.  The family seem wonderful and so helpful. Any comments on these apartments would be much appreciated. We had a wonderful time as usual but this time we visited Mathraki Island and we loved it so much we went twice. Has anyone else been there?

Karen.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2008, 11:10:03 PM »
Hi jersey Bean

We have stayed in the Marina (no. 1) apt and sent a relative there as well.  This is one of the properties that is situated in front of the new fancy pool.  Although the interior was basic they were very spacious and you could not fault the location! What about that view to greet you every morning! Billy and family are lovely, as are Dida etc, you will love it.

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2008, 11:33:13 PM »
Hi Jo,

I kept looking for you in Arillas as you were one of the people I remembered from this website who was over when we were. Have you just got back ? We booked the Marina because the prices were so good .

Karen.

Booking.com