Author Topic: Olympic holidays.  (Read 17088 times)

Offline robinm

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Re: Olympic holidays.
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2008, 10:45:34 PM »
Oh dear blondegirl what can I say!

Offline M n M

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2008, 10:53:07 PM »
BG wot u like?
This is the reason we will not now use the coach to get to Arillas. Taxis rule ok. Mick.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2008, 11:49:22 PM »
BG
Were you having a BG moment.
made me laugh though.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2008, 10:48:06 AM »
Always a blonde moment with me which is very worrying!  The family wont be able to tell the difference when I get older and end up with senile dementia!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline DronnyDave

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2008, 03:04:47 PM »
We have just come back from Arillas and we travelled with Olympic. I too was concerned regarding the lengthy transfer times but to be fair to them it wasn't too bad.

We arrived in the early hours and were the only two on the coach going to Arillas. The coach made one drop in Roda, one other drop in Sidari and then dropped us off. We were told that a taxi would be along shortly to take us to Arillas. It appeared before the coach left and took us straight to the accommodation. The journey home again went fairly smoothly, we were picked up at midnight and taken to the same hotel in Sidari that we were dropped off at when we arrived. We had approx 20 -30 minute wait for the coach to arrive and then went straight to the airport. For some reason, even at this time of night there seemed to be a lot of traffic in Sidari and this seemed to delay the coach.
If this is a typical Olympic transfer I would be happy to do it this way again and wouldn't want to pay out 100 euro for a taxi.
If I had to be really critical it would be that there was a certain amount of uncertainty regarding the transfer back to the airport. It obviously changes each week, and will depend on the number of people stopping in Arillas. The rep couldn't confirm exactly what the route would be, there was one option to go to Sidari about 8.00pm and to have two or three hours there before the coach arrived. If this had been the case we would have gone for a meal. In the end we were told that we would be picked up at midnight. To be fair to her, the mini bus was there bang on time. I suppose that if you are travelling earlier or later in the year when the weather might be a bit cooler or even wet, hanging around for half an hour in Sidari waiting for a coach will be a real pain. But as far as we were concerned it all went fairly smoothly and as I said earlier we wouldn't bother to pay that sort of money for a taxi.

Offline PeterLewis

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2008, 02:14:06 PM »
Have commented elsewhere on transfers with Olympic, but these were the worst part of our recent holiday.   Otherwise we thoroughly enjoyed staying at the Gallini Apts - friendly, comfortable, peaceful (apart from one young English chavably illegal and his partner who disturbed several of us) - with a very helpful Olympic rep - Nadine.  But yes it took is from before midnight to 4.30 am to arrive, having travelled up the opposite coast, round to Roda, crammed into a minibus packed with luggage and probably very dangerous, to drive across country to Arillas.  Rep tried to help. Return journey we did not have to change. instead we all travelled for no apparent reason up to Sidari, then south to Corfu Town - all at no more than 20km/hr!! Left at 6.30pm and arrived 9.30pm.    My wife an I are in our sixties, and I have some difficulty walking - so to be fair we may react more to such cramped and long transfers.  But be warned.   If you are able - get a taxi or hire a car (if you are experienced on greek roads!)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2008, 02:23:27 PM »
We had the same experience with Olympic in 2002 Peter. Never again! We try to go independently now so factor in the taxi fares anyway.

But last October we went with Thomsons to Kaloudis and risked it - it was daytime then so seemed like a good idea. And it only took barely an hour going the Paleokastritsa route. Seems Olympic still need to learn about Customer Service.

Phil

Offline Sammy1

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2008, 10:18:37 PM »
I did hear that Olympic were planning some more properties in Arillas so then the coach transfer should go straight there, last year the coaches not only went to sidari they went all round kassiopi, dassia etc before getting to Arillas, so it seems it is a bit better now if it is onyl going to Sidari!  No that I have experienced the coach not for about 20 years anyway.

Offline newy

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2008, 11:28:11 PM »
My Husband and I went to Arillas with Olympic between 25th Aug and 8th Sept and thr transfers were pretty good expecially after what we had heard!

We went by coach to sidari and then got straight on a mini bus to Arillas..............took about an hour and half.......not bad. On return, again, mini bus to sidari and then on the coach the rest of the way. Took about 2 hours as there was a short wait at Sidari.

Booking.com