Author Topic: excess luggage=£s  (Read 23193 times)

Offline Melissa_x

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: excess luggage=£s
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2008, 06:02:37 PM »
I flew last year and my bag was so heavy even my boyfriend could hardly lift it, and they just put a heavy sticker on mine too. But it seems like they're gonna be allot stricter this year - seeing hows we're all running out of money because everythings a rip off
TOO excited for my long awaited return to Arillas - Sept 2016!! :-D

Offline graham

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2008, 06:07:56 PM »
Sounds like you're going to need a stronger boyfriend this year then! Eggy...You Busy?
A woman has the last word in any argument, anything a man says after that is the start of a new argument!

Offline Melissa_x

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2008, 06:11:32 PM »
Lol well I take two of everything - two shampoos two conditoners two moisturisers two suncream bottles because I ran out last year - plus being in and out of the pool all day I need loads of conditioner! Im gonna try and sneak it all in his suitcase this year though ;)

Offline graham

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2008, 06:28:13 PM »
Don't put anything too embarrassing in there, I can see it now:

Did you pack this suitcase yourself sir?

Those aren't mine! Honestly, I don't know how they got in there!

Have a great time you jammy buggers, I've got to wait until the 28th before I get my turn with the lilo!
A woman has the last word in any argument, anything a man says after that is the start of a new argument!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2008, 02:53:32 PM »
Melissa, you can buy all the shampoo and stuff out there in the supermarkets if you run out.

One year I had the mad idea of combining our stuff in one case ( a large one on wheels)... big mistake!  It disappeared as large luggage (had to collect it from somewhere else in the airport) I thought I would never see it again, that it would end up in Hong Kong!  I couldn't stand the worry of losing it all.

This year I am going to share our stuff about in the luggage so if it gets lost at least we both have something to wear and hopefully be underweight this year!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Debbie & Lee

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2008, 03:02:21 PM »
A word of warning, the charge is currently 9 Euros per 1kg over, when returning from Corfu to the UK.

We've just been stung for 81 Euros!!!!!!

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2008, 05:59:37 PM »
we were lucky, ours weighed in at just under 15kg each case, going out i bought all our toiletries at the airport, left what we didnt use there and coming back our luggage was about 13kg each (we always take two cases and share out the clothes, if one case goes missing we have stuff to wear!!) one poor coulple in front of us in the check at corfu had to pay out loads as their cases were over, was that you debbie and lee?? both were wearing stetson type hats and debbie had on a gorgeous red top and white trousers
ger x

Offline Debbie & Lee

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2008, 06:27:43 PM »
Yes, that was us Ger!

Always pack too much!  Next year, we'll be taking smaller suitcases and will have to put them on the scales before we leave home! 

I can't even blame it on Duty Free - we didn't buy anything, which in the circumstances, was probably fortunate!

Offline Marion

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2008, 07:20:24 PM »
After our holiday in June I left all my toiletries, sun tops, beachy stuff with Kostas, so when we go back in September I won't have to pack too much. It's a good excuse (not that we need one!!!!) to keep going back. Might just leave myself there one year?

riggers

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2008, 07:33:59 PM »
OH MY.....  81 Euros..  I would have been gutted. That would mean my duty free wouldn't have been Cheap.

riggers...

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2008, 07:40:35 PM »
This is the ONLY time I have ever been able to smugly tell you that it can be cost effective having 3 children.  We get  a lovely 100K total allowance, let me think...how many more shoes can I fit in.......

riggers

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2008, 07:47:29 PM »
Hmmm crafty you Jo..  :)

riggers..

Offline Melissa_x

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2008, 02:42:17 PM »
This year my suitcase was so heavy I couldnt lift it, but was surprised when it was weighed and was only 22kg, my boyfriends weighed 23kg and that had all my toiletries in, and his mums case weighed 25kg and we didnt get charged at all. The maximum allowed was 20kg and that was with Thomson - all that panicking for nothing :D

Offline Timbo

• Lost count of how many visits now! :)
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2008, 11:33:53 PM »
I always plonk the cases half on the weighing bit of the scales, now I think this will always depend on how finicky the checking in operator is, but I think we went home with 3 cases each waying about 6kg each!!! Ha ha!!

Riggers - you are right, I too would be gutted at losing Duty Free cash, the savings I make on that, go into possible future Arillas visits!!
I always have a great holiday in Arillas.... I wish I could take it up professionally!

Offline ash-wolves

• www.myspace.com/ash_wolves89
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2008, 11:36:41 PM »
22kgs for 1 person !!! :O my gosh!
me and my brother, 1 bag, two people! our bag onli weighed 19kg !
and thats for a two week stay!

how much stuff du u take reli! lol

if i was ever over coming back theres noway i would pay, id go out side whip open the case n start by dumping the towels in the bin, then clothes!

ash x
Live

The

Dream ! ! !

Booking.com