Author Topic: Villa Maria-Stamatis  (Read 12237 times)

Offline Bri

Villa Maria-Stamatis
« on: June 21, 2008, 09:56:09 PM »
Angela, who also owns Angela's Apartments, doesn't advertise the details of her villa so let me assure you that it's excellent accommodation and amazing value for money.

I went as a single in early May and, having left it too late to join my friends in their package tour accommodation, I booked easily on the web and the 2 weeks cost £170. It's single or couple suitable, having one double bed and the facilities are very adequate. The rooms are large and the eat-in kitchen, though short on worktops, has a big fridge and full-size Siemens electric cooker (big enough to cook the turkey in, if you can catch it in the orchard! .. only joking!).
The bathroom is large and has a big basin, bath/shower and bidet.

There are verandahs on both sides, one for the morning breakfast and one for the evening sun, overlooking the pergola and market garden. The roses were marvellous in mid-May.
The sitting room has 2 settees, a big dining table, a tv and french doors to the evening verandah.

You have access to the big fruit orchard to the South side, for that quiet 'siesta'.
Mama Maria can provide eggs and olive oil and no doubt other veg in season.

The quietest walking route to San Stephanos is straight up the road and past the school, much better than the busy main road or the steep cliff path (it was impassably muddy after the early-May rain). The villa is convenient for getting to the Afionas road and cliff walk, also the nice South beach, by using the back road past Tria Adelphia.
The bakery and the Stamatis mini-market  are a few minutes down the road and slightly further on is Captain's Taverna, which I can't praise enough. Family run, it's where we ate almost every night because of the wecome, the service, the choice, very reasonable prices and delicious food; what more could you want! Young Val is dying to try out his English on you!

The only snag was the 3 days rain and unusually cold weather for early May, but it's probably better now than here on the Isle of Wight on Mid-summers Day!

I can't comment on Angela's Apartments as they were not open then but the villa is spacious, set back off he road though not 'away from it all' and convenient for the usual necessities.

Private holiday booking is getting to be more popular and hopefully easyJet will make a difference to the air fares. Airport taxis (£40 each way) might  be shared if there was some way the individual could arrange it. The agents don't seem too keen for obvious reasons.

You can guess I'm all for the 'layed back' kind of holiday and, thanks to Angela, it's perfectly possible in Arillas!  Enjoy!

Regards to all
Bri
(Some pics are available but I can't get them attached!)

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re: Villa Maria-Stamatis
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 11:27:25 PM »
Thank you Bri I enjoyed your review. It sounds as though you had the perfect Greek holiday.  Well done Angela for providing good accommodation and a colourful garden for us from chillier climes to appreciate and enjoy. :-)  I love to have a peek into her garden on my walk up to Analypsi Church.

I can vouch for the chilly weather in May...it was the worst May weather we have ever  experienced in Arillas.

Eileenx
P.S we pay 45 euros for our taxis.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 11:50:35 PM »
Thanks Bri

I really enjoyed reading your post. Arillas and the surrounding areas are very special places as you confirmed by being there. Jen and me are beside ourselves having to wait another two weeks till we get out there. One day soon we will be there forever.

It is the people who make it what it is. You said all that. Another Arillas Addict!

Please come up to us and say kalimera. We might be the Arillas hippies and little tinkers but not that scary.

thanks again
Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 06:55:47 PM »
i just love reading a good report on someones accomodation and holiday.

All Greek Appt/Hotel/Studio/ Taverna owners spend a lot of time trying to get things right and these words of encouragement must mean so much to them.
( It certainly would to me )

Angela is keen to get it right and has just created a childrens play room to keep any little ones, you may have, occupied.

I look forward to a post fron "Glenny" when she , and family return from their stay at Angelas Appts.

Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 11:03:16 PM »
Agreed Eggy. Love to hear such upbeat reports that are honest and true. They don't have to always be positive but at least mean what they say. So right - a bit of encouragement goes a long way.

D'ya reckon I should spend July in Angela's kiddy playroom? Reckon I might fit in...

Phil

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 12:17:05 AM »
Brilliant post Bri.  It sounds like a very good place to stay. I know a couple who have just stayed in the Apartments and are waiting to hear their review (come on Brenda and John, how did you get on, hope you had a great time.. Angela said you were doing fine!)

If it is anything like Bri's apartment then they must have been very well looked after too.

I like the  kiddies playroom... what a great idea!  It means mum and dad can have a nice quiet glass of vino whilst the children are playing games safely without the worry of the sand, sun and pool, makes a very nice change of activity for them.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline angela01

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 09:47:16 AM »
KALIMERA MISTER BRIAN!
Sorry, but just saw your topic!

I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU for the good wards(FOR THE PHOTO ALSO!) about the vila and my parents!
..and i must to say..i never see in my life so TIDY AND REGULAR,CUSTOMER...!!

But sametimes i feel bud,becouse i leave in Agros and i have not mush time to speak with customers,but i do my best!
..and i hope the customers has comprehension for that.

Thanks again
with estimation
ANGELA.

Offline Vaughan & Angie

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 01:21:14 PM »
Thanks for the great review. Vaughan and I are staying in the villa Maria-Stamatis for the first two weeks of September and this just makes us look forward to it more.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 05:02:10 PM »
We are at the Bardis Sun Hotel 11th September for two weeks, if we pass Villa Maria Stamatis we can pop in and hi to you in the play room ;-)

Offline Glenny

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2008, 02:50:18 PM »
Have to agree, the Villa Maria-Stamatis was just like a home from home, we didn't stay there but our friends did and of course we had to have a nosey, accompanied by a glass or two of the old Mythos!
John and Kerry were delighted with it, especially Kerry who did all her washing in the Bosch washing machine before returning home (each to their own!).
Will post a review of Angela's apartments separately.

Offline brenda n john

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2008, 11:01:56 PM »
We stayed at the Villa Maria Stamatis from 2nd to 16th june.
What can I say, everything that Bri said about the villa is completely true.
To sound corny I would say that the villa is one of the jewels in the Arillas crown.
The gardens are beautiful and well kept by Maria and Stamatis, Angela's parents.
It is so relaxing that sometimes the thought of going out somewhere would nearly spoil your day. Set at the rear of the Galini and to the side of Angela and Stella apts
it is just nice distance away to be quiet at nights and not too far from the front.
Enough of that, the biggest asset of the villa are Maria and Stamatis, we can't thank them enough for the hospitality and welcome that they gave all the way through our holiday. They are so hard working but always had time to say hello and speak and laugh with us and bring little gifts. We felt very sad when we left, but knowing we will return next year to see them made it easier. Angela and her lovely daughter Alexandra dropped by when coming to see her parents, she is a lovely lady and deserves real success with her villa and apartments. Everything seemed to be so special and they all made you feel as if you were in a special place to share with them for a short time.

Thank you Angela, Maria and Stamatis, see you next year.
love Brenda and john

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2008, 11:00:31 AM »
Hi Brenda and John

Glad you had a good holiday and your review of the villa and Angelas family was lovely to read.  Maybe Mike and I could book that for next year too, it sounded lovely and peaceful.

Hope your return journey was uneventful too and that you didnt have any delays.  Love to all .. Sue xxx

Offline angela01

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2008, 11:10:04 AM »
KALIMERA MY DEAR FRIENDS...
WHAT CAN I SAY ALSO FOR YOU...
people like you, doing my jop much eassily!
my father Stamatis,never forgot the beer! My daughter Alexandra she likes the sweet gift!
..and me,i never forgot you!

THANKS AGAIN
BRENDA AND JOHN!

BEST REGARDS
ANGELA.

Offline ash-wolves

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • www.myspace.com/ash_wolves89
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2008, 01:26:38 AM »
it sounds absolutly amazing!!
And i carnt wait for my 5 month stay there in 2009, a long time i know but it will soon be upon me!!

cheers ash x
Live

The

Dream ! ! !

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2008, 12:39:09 PM »
Well done Ash.. it sounds like it is all coming together for you.

Booking.com