Author Topic: airmalta?  (Read 12599 times)

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Re: airmalta?
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2008, 11:20:22 PM »
We fly with Air Malta in september to Kos . I paid the rest of the money for the flights today and after reading this board asked the lady on the phone the question about meals being provided . Her response was they are a pay as you go flight company , ie if you want a meal you are asked at check in and have to pay extra . Think i will risk it and have another beer lol .

Yammas

Dave

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2008, 11:59:56 PM »
hi dave n anne

I hate airline food with a vengeance having done it so much. Jen and me make Compo and Norah Batty look sophisticated in that direction - we take our own. We take sandwiches sometimes - like a packed lunch at school! Feel like schoolkids but we don't get as far as the vacuum flask (or hostess trolley justlynn!)

To be excused from them by the airline feels like a conditional discharge. After all, we'll soon be eating Brouklis Bourdeto, or spit roast lamb, Thalassa Penelope or stamna or fried perch, Graziellas garlic prawns, or..... read the lists on other posts!

I just have another coffee and brandy, land and then eat what I want to.

Anyone else hate airline meals like me?
Phil

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 12:02:59 AM »
YES!
Sandy x

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 01:24:48 AM »
We have had some very good airline food particularly Olympic one year.  Brilliant seats, plane half empty, nice meal and dessert and Thornton chocolates to go with your coffee. Other times it is just rubbish, always a disappointment and not worth the money.  Why do they always do sausage and mash on the way back, as if you have missed it for two weeks?
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2008, 09:13:23 AM »
Apart from the quality of airline food (sometimes not toooo bad) we find they are getting smaller and smaller over the years.  Colin calls it knife-fork-and-magnifying- glass time.

Phil, never even taken our own sandwiches, let alone all the other stuff! lol

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2008, 06:51:46 PM »
thanks everyone at least i know  to bring some butties or get a meal deal in boots.
dont sound too bad air malta.
thanks again

Offline raff

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • www.ukfitshape.com
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2008, 12:09:10 AM »
Terry
     I know you fly out before us, so could you place a post to clarify if we get a meal or not. Breakfast at the airport it could well be.

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2008, 10:31:38 AM »
Air Malta are a scheduled carrier who operate this Corfu flight on a charter basis for the UK Tour Operators, it allows more seats to be sold without the commitment of another aircraft. Legroom is slightly better than your standard UK charter and the seats are more comfy.

On these flights Air Malta DO NOT offer in-flight meals even if you have booked them (great I know). They do have a drinks service and a choice of 3 sandwiches, 1 of which is hot (usually a bacon baguette) and all for around £3.

Hope this helps.

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2008, 01:56:27 PM »
Thanks for that Joe , will have an extra beer to see me through .

Yammas

Dave

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2008, 02:35:18 PM »
Cheese Wrap and Chicken Ceaser Sandwich are ther other two food options :)

Actually been on this flight recently and apart from a few punctuality issues I think they offer a good service. Corfu as an island is really pushing Air Malta.

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2008, 05:56:23 PM »
thats so weird i just phoned airmalta and prebooked my seats.
i asked them about meals and they said exactley what joe said.

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2008, 06:12:36 PM »
Oh missed the part about pre-booked seats.

If you booked with anyone other than Air Malta direct (chances are you did) and have been bumped onto the Air Malta flight then all pre-booked seat requests will not be honoured, any monies paid to Thomas Cook, Monarch, etc for exit seats will need to be claimed back on return.

However, once you have been advised by your Tour Operator that your flight as been changed to the Air Malta, by all means give them a call and book your seats, they will only be to happy to oblige. At check in legroom seats are £22 of your hard earned pounds one way, stretch your legs out for 3 hours for the same price of a bottle of wine and a DVD, seems ok to me. Of course pre-booking may be cheaper and usually is.

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2008, 07:53:28 PM »
my prebooked seats costs me £12 each.
i just gave them my flight details was going to book extra leg room but none left.

Booking.com