Author Topic: My Big Fat Beautiful Greek Holiday! (A pun on the film with a similar name)  (Read 11197 times)

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
Only just got to read this, and like a few of you had tears in my eye's.
We hate leaving Arillas and I alway'.s cry on our last night as we leave our friends at Brouklis, and this time it was even harder after the lovely cuddle's that I had had from their lovely cute little boy.
Arillas just seems to surrond every body I know that go's with this feeling of belonging and love and that's the reason that we just cant keep away.
It's nice to have you posting again Becky, I often see your name in the early mornings so know your about. Thanks again for thre smashing report. Viv & Pete

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
Hi Becky,

Yes we were there at same time.  We were on our way back from Vavilas, I wasnt bothered about the footie, but we heard this big cheer go up from the Coconut as we were walking up - Frank Lampard had just equalised!!!  We called in the coconut and had one but we wanted to get back to Mathraki, we had told Akis we would watch it there if we made it. 

Geoffrey with a G says I have to update my photo because he wouldnt have recognised me from it. 

Sharon xx

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
A truly lovely heartfelt report, Becky, thank you!  I bet Dimitris was really proud and happy after reading it too!  Well deserved compliments!
Cheryl O

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict

Thanks again one & all for your responses & I really will make the effort over the course of the weekend to give feedback about all the other aspects of our holiday.
I'm even going to download some piccies & aim to get my photo on the forum tonight - that's going to be a bit of a challenge, but I'm feeling a bit bare & think I should!

Offline jean

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
A lovely report, so glad you enjoyed your holiday. Dimitirs is a fantastic host and treats all his guests with the same level of attention whether they are first timers or Arillas addicts. Now you come to mention it I think we may have been in the taverna the night you left as I remember Dimitris saying goodbye to a couple and saw him give them bottles of something. What a lovely man.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
When I stayed above Brouklis in May 2002, Dimitris was also very kind to me. The first few days of the season it was very cold and I was frozen....he managed to find me a duvet from somewhere (hope it wasn't yours Dimitri!). More importantly, half way through my holiday I had a call from home saying my 20 year old daughter had been taken seriously ill and was in hospital. I had to rush home early and as you can imagine I was in a real state. Dimitris would not hear of me paying my bill as he said my family was more important and I could pay him next time. Can you imagine that in the UK? Or anywhere else for that matter. I shall never forget his kindness. And also the support of the Rainbow family. After sobbing all over poor Spiros, he phoned up and got me a new flight and organised taxis (sadly had to pay for all that!!) and young Jimmy even braved the far end of the beach to get me when an urgent call from home came through....

That is what Arillas is all about - the friendship and special way they all look after us and I for one am very grateful and cannot thank them enough.
Sandy x

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict

Yes!
That was Christian & I  that you saw Jean - just as we were heading off in the taxi & Dimitris was saying goodbye - armed with our Ouzo!
I was struggling to hold back my tears as I wanted to wail if I'm honest  - only just managed to keep it together!!

I think you've summed it up Sandy in describing the horrendous sitiuation you found yourself in back in 2002.
For anyone to behave like that & offer the hand of friendship is truly humbling & sad to say, not the sort of behaviour one often sees in the UK - although I don't want to be cynical about this country if I can avoid it as it's an all too easy trap to fall into.

I couldn't have put it better myself - it IS what Arillas is all about & once found, impossible to forget...

PS: I wonder if it was his duvet?!?

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
I heard the donut man had a spare!!  Am sorry, Sandy, am only jesting!  No wonder you put down some roots there, that must have been a nightmare for you and their love and kindness such a comfort.
Cheryl O

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
Just like to add my voice to the compliments, Becky, well done on a really moving report!

Also to Sandy, another heart-felt  report, which makes us wonder at the Greek kindness.

Terry,
I have also had the red message come up that someone else has posted and that you may want to review it.  Last time this happened to me I realised that you only have to look at the posts below the box you're typing into, and the new post is already there without having to go back at all, and that way you don't lose any of the work you have just done.  Worked for me anyway.  Hope this helps.
lynn x

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
Nice piccie Becky  x

Sandy you made me cry! 

Dimitris this is why you had such a reaction to the brouklis beware topic.  You're a very special person.

Sharon xx

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict

Thanks Sharon,
It's nice to be visable - it's only taken the best part of nine months to do & in the end Dimitris had to do it for me - I was struggling!
BeckyB x.

Booking.com