Author Topic: Mathraki Studios  (Read 14136 times)

Maggie

Re: Mathraki Studios
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 11:14:33 PM »
I'll let you know the latest Eileen! Can't have you wondering can we?lol.
Last i heard, Charlie had been relocated on land at the other side of the A7 as you enter Selkirk from Gala. Apparently the same grumpy old neighbour was complaining still!
  How loud can 1 cockerell be?????(the grumpy old man has a guest house, and says his guests are wakened too early.)

Offline alyvin

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2008, 08:02:09 PM »
Tilly, Gertrude and Doris all arrived safely yesterday. They are only 10 weeks old so won't start laying for ages yet. They are lovely and I would recommend chickens as pets to everybody.

Maggie

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2008, 06:00:10 PM »
We had bantams for years, and they were brill. Great fun to watch! Enjoy.

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2008, 06:17:08 PM »
Maybe you could post a photo of Tilly, Gertrude and Doris.  You know us girls are partial to a cutie pic.

Eileenx

Offline alyvin

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2008, 05:02:24 PM »
Oops, Doris found dead this morning! Hoping it wasn't anything contagious as I am very attached to them already. Will post a photo when work out how.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2008, 06:08:49 PM »
Oh dear....Sorry you lost one of your chooks!  Wonder what happened?
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Marymary

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2008, 09:57:15 AM »
I'm glad there are positive reviews on Mathraki , I've just booked up yesterday to stay for two weeks from 5th September - through Thomson, it's a new addition for them this year. I was hoping to book independently but the prices for the flights were a joke, but I wasn't laughing!!  the highest for flight only was over £900.00!! I was thinking oh my god I'm not going to be able to come back to Arillas this year anyway booked with Thomson, flight transfer , accomodation for two, including extra baggage allowance ( I've never mastered the art of traveling light!!) for £1000. So now counting down the weeks.

Happy Hols to all
Love
Mary

Offline sharonF

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2008, 11:17:25 AM »
Mary, you will love the Mathraki.  They are very clean and comfortable and the family who run them are so warm and friendly.  As Eileen recommends, the omelettes are delicious as they are from their own hens!  All the food is good and Akis is great fun.

Below are a couple of photos taken from the balcony, all the balconies look out this way, the terrace at the front overlooks the pool.

This is looking down the road at the side of the studios, just at the bottom if you turn left you are at Brouklis, turn right leads to the beach.  There is a back road to the beach which is a lovely walk.

Sharon xx

Marymary

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008, 01:28:29 PM »
Sharon
Thanks very much for the lovely photos I was trying to work out exactly where it was now I know, and I'm delighted they are where I thought they were - Thomson don't have a photo of them on their website yet - just a cartoon of what looks like a small office block. I would have booked independent if I'd found a reasonably priced flight - but think if I'd been more patient I would have done as I'd e-mailed Christiana Kaloudis and she rang me this morning and they had availability all being it  a small room, but that would have been fine as I would have happily come alone again and she had found flights too. Oh well I was a woman too impatient to get back to  Arillas!!

Love
Mary

Booking.com