Author Topic: tria adelphia  (Read 21424 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: tria adelphia
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2008, 07:40:32 PM »
Hi Charlie T

It seems like I'm following you round the postings here, but not really.  I'm still on a bit of a catch up after recently spending 9 days in England.
( Where Travel Lodges can be twice the price per night )

Any smells you get can come from all manner of places. We live in Kavvadades and yesterday, with temps of around 30 deg, got the English Farmyard smell. Last summer, we sometimes got the smell of the Olive Oil factory. Appt and Hotel owners are limited in what they can do to resolve any issue like this.

It is a pity though you didn't take part in his Saturday Night Lamb as that, as well as his accomodation, also has a lot of supporters.

Cheers
Negg

Offline kevin.g

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2008, 07:41:14 PM »
and so near the bakery yum yum lol.my 7am haunt fresh chocolate ciossants

Offline charlietoosey

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2008, 07:44:03 PM »
Dear Riggers

I have said on an earlier post in the general info section just how much I enjoyed my hol.

Why are you so upset?

C

Offline charlietoosey

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2008, 07:47:26 PM »
Hi Negg

The foul smell was in the apartment...

C

riggers

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2008, 09:14:30 PM »
Me upset never. I will be in Arillas in 6 days and i will enjoy everybit of it.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2008, 10:33:39 PM »

The foul smell was in the apartment...

C

That's a shame and I think, knowing Phillipe quite well, that he is twice as distressed about it as you. The family have spent a lot of time in the appts and grounds over the winter and do take any complaints very seriously.

They can't put the clock back for you but I'm sure he's got someone trying to, if not already done, correct the problem.

Cheers
Negg

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2008, 11:28:02 PM »
charlietoosey

Sorry to here that you had a problem at the Tria

As eggy said I'm sure Philip was soon on the case and will continue to investigate and resolve the problem.

We stayed at the Tria recently and on the odd occasion did have a smell outside the apartment  this was between the two blocks near the Pool It has to be said that this possibly came from the drain in that area (the smell did not cause a problem and was only on the odd occasion)

As for Philip asking you about eating there, we were there last year and only ate there on the Sunday evening, Philip never questioned us as to why we did not use the restaurant more. We did use it more this time and the food was excellent.

Don’t let this put you off Philip and his family are super hosts and I'm sure that they were as concerned as you were. Perhaps there was a misunderstanding about using the restaurant. Glad you enjoyed the rest of your holiday.

Offline chezphil

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
  • cant wait
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2008, 07:22:24 PM »
charlietoosey

sorry you had a bad smell in your apartment, but when we visited last year we had a wonderful time philip, helen  made our stay at the tria very relaxing and tried and did make evey effort to ensure we enjoyed being there so much so that in the first time in 20years we are going back to the same place and staying in the same accomadation, and cany wait to enjoy the company, weather the peaceful location.

you also say on other threads that you did not enjoy the airport, and brouklis all i can say is that everbody has different tastes in food but we found the brouklis to be very nice. We ate several times at the tria and enjoyed espicially the spit roast lamb. With the airport cant expect much else as corfu is a favourite tourist destitation it could be worse it could have no airport.Think it then plane then ferry add hours on the travel.

BUT GLAD YOU ENJOYED YOUR HOLIDAY

Hate to think what you be like if you didnt.

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2008, 05:03:11 PM »
Well said Chezphil

Yammas

Dave n Anne

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2008, 11:48:17 AM »
This was written bt a travel journalist

From Travel Mail

Tria Adelphia, Arilas, Corfu

johnmckenna007, 19th April 2005

Kavos might as well be on another planet! The Tria Adelphia Studios are situated in a peaceful olive grove in the village of Arilas on the North West coast of Corfu.

Its a family run place that dispenses the traditional old fashioned Greek hospitality that you thought had gone forever.

Philip and Eleni, along with Philip's friendly parents and his charming sister Maria, ensure that a warm welcome awaits you in this little-known corner of Corfu.

The apartments are sited about three quarters of a mile from the beach, but don't let that put you off.

If you are relatively fit, you'll find the walk reasonable, even in the searing heat of August.

The Tria Adelphia apartments are clean, spacious, and have excellent views of the beautiful surrounding countryside.

There is a large pool with sunbeds, a well stocked bar, and the restaurant serves delicious meals night and day, the speciality being barbequed meat cooked by Philip's father.

Nothing is too much trouble for the host family, and this makes for a tranquil, laidback atmosphere that's enjoyed by couples and families alike.

The village has several decent restaurants, and my wife and I recommend Brouklas on the road into the village, home made village wine, and all produce grown (or reared) on the small family farm at the back of the restaurant.

The owner and waiters are courtesy personified.

The beach at Arilas is long and narrow, and a mixture of sand and shingle, the waters are turquoise, and clear as a bell.

It's safe for children, but there's not much in the way of amenities, so bring a hat, and plenty of water and snacks.

If you're looking for peace amid the chirruping of the cicadas in the late afternoon haze, just pull up a sunbed at the Tria Adelphia, and snooze your cares away.. but don't tell anyone, it's our secret!

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2008, 01:18:38 PM »
We have stayed at the Tria on countless occasions. I don't know what the situation is this year, but a couple of years ago we were there in May and it was already fully booked for the summer, with 95+% repeat bookings! - says everything, as far as I'm concerned.

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2008, 01:22:12 PM »
(I meant to underline the'repeat bit)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2008, 02:32:01 PM »
Well found Terry.

The piece describes exactly what Arillas offers. Never stayed at the Tria because like Angie says we are repeat business for our friends who have made us so happy and welcome in the past. But the description fits everything we have experienced with 8 weeks there so far.

Thank heaven we will have much longer this year to meet many more.

Phil

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2008, 07:14:45 PM »
Thank you Terry, we have been repeat visitors to the Tria since 1994, I will only add that we are back at the end of September for 3 more weeks. Cheers, Mick.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2008, 08:46:06 PM »
We have stayed at the Tria on countless occasions. I don't know what the situation is this year, but a couple of years ago we were there in May and it was already fully booked for the summer, with 95+% repeat bookings! - says everything, as far as I'm concerned.

angiem.
We were there mid May, Philip was fully booked during our stay.
Iasked how things were for the summer as we had tried to book for the two of us in July but were unable to get in, his reply was that he was also fully booked for the summer. not surprising realy

Booking.com