Author Topic: First holiday in Arillas  (Read 2997 times)

Offline Antonis

First holiday in Arillas
« on: May 17, 2008, 10:58:37 PM »
I'm not quite an Arillas virgin, having walked over the headland via the little church from San Stafanos about seventeen years ago. It seemed a very quiet little spot, and had a bar that offered Tetley's. Tetley's doesn't travel very well from leeds to York, so I didn't try it. In any case I prefer Mythos, home or away. My wife and I are staying in Arillas from 3rd to 17th. June. Looking forward to some peace and quiet, as well as sunshine.
Does anyone know whether the fireflies will still be around. We used to see them when holidaying in may.

Offline Lindypops

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: First holiday in Arillas
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 12:22:14 AM »
Hi Antonis. I hope you enjoy yourselves. We saw Fireflies last May, and very lovely they were. I think it was viv that posted a picture of one. I`m not sure when they don`t appear. Bfn.
Lindypops.

Maggie

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 10:54:15 PM »
Antonis, If your very lucky you may see some at the beginning of your holiday. Usually by mid June, they've gone. good luck!

Offline Antonis

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 09:13:03 PM »
Thanks Lindypops and Maggie. We'll look out for the fireflies, though I'm less concerned about the Tetleys!

Offline DaisysMum

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • http://www.crazydaisyjewellery.com/
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 12:47:55 AM »
Hello everyone!  My daughter and I will coming to Arillas for the first time on 13th June for one week, I'm already wishing that I'd booked for two!  We will be staying at the Kaloudis.  I have been to Corfu once before, 13 years ago to Sidari, it will be Daisys first trip,  as she is only 11.   We are both really looking forward to it!

Offline Cheryl2307

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 09:53:24 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Daisysmum!  You'll both have a fantastic time and if you're like the rest of us, this will be your first of many trips!  It's highly addictive! 
Cheryl O

Booking.com