exchange rate

Started by briant, May 10, 2008, 08:34:51 PM

Eggy

Babs

Generally it's about the same as the bank rate and not the tourist rate which, I think, keeps it 1or 2 points ahead.

Next time I'm in the Bank I'll have a look.

Negg

briant

have just ordered euros for april delivery.will be getting a rate of 1.1406 cmmission & delivery free from tms.not to bad considering i got 1.24 last year in may.

Erja

I just checked Travelex and the are offering depressing: 1 Pound = 1.078 Euros :(

http://www.travelex.co.uk/
Life is good ;)

riggers

All i can find at the moment is depressing rates too :(

riggers..........

vivian

Just been to pay the balance for Oct and the currancy exchange girl reckon's it's going to get worse right up to the back end of 2009. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

TerryW

I am off working from at the moment due to a hernia operation, but I did receive this information and it is from a reliable source.

"HSBC Treasury, seem to be as much in flux as we are as regards the rate, the comments though are:

a) US Dollar - They see this in quarter 2 being at a rate of about 1.58, going to 1.61 for quarters 3 and 4.

b) Euro - They can see some strengthening of the pound, but are giving a figure of about 1.10, but if rises above 1.15 consistently , they can see it rising to 1.20."

I hope the above is true but no matter what the exchange rate is in July, we will still have a wonderful holiday in Arillas.

Lindypops

Best wishes for a good recovery.
Lindypops.

Lindypops

Best wishes for a good recovery.
Lindypops.

Sandy x

Lindypops....do you mean TerryW .....or the £?
Sandy x

riggers

Ha ha she means the £ of course. I am only joking Terry.

riggers...........

Jo Wissett

SteveS

We are off to Arillas in 4wks can any one tell us with the Euro as it is will it be better to exchange in Arillas or do it in uk

Eggy

Steve

The exchange in Arillas is always better than in th UK. Something like .03 last year
( eg - e1.070 in UK then e1.073 in Arillas )

It makes a difference if you can get UK commission free T/c's or bring cash.
But if you have to pay a UK commission then an Arillas commision you break about even.

Most of us like to give the trade locally and it's fun "playing the market" when here as you can change if it increases a bit more than it was when you left the UK.

And.... there is always a Nationwide account as a back up. There's a "hole in wal" in Arillas where you can use this, and other cards. No commison paid with Nationwide and, I think, a better exchange than the UK.

Hope that all makes sense.
Cheers
Negg

briant

As I advised Forum Members some weeks ago ,a rate of 1.1408 was available commission and delivery free from TMS provided amount was £500 sterling.I have just recieved delivery but  will be using them in Can Picafort in June as Belfast is priced out of the Corfu market at the moment.I,m sure that sometime in the future things will even out and we,ll be back in Arillas.In the meantime for those of you still able to make the journey havea great time Hasta La Vista Briant

SteveS

Thanks all for the reply third time in Arillas but never exchanged when over there so was unsure with the way the Euro is

Thanks again
Steve