Author Topic: Bodyboard - waves :)  (Read 30113 times)

Offline xkrchnav

• Feel free to call via skype
  • Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • Company wherein I work.
Re: Bodyboard - waves :)
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 07:49:52 AM »
Wow :) very nice. But probably they were also very cold on October, weren't they? And mole seems dangerous in this sea :) It would be interesting to sit on it :) to get calmed when very hot weather. WHich was probably not on this october photo.

Jozef
skypeid is also xkrchnav

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2008, 09:48:38 AM »
We went to Agios Gordios at the end of August  3 years ago.  It was the only time Mike was very worried about me in the sea (I cant swim) as the waves suddenly got very rough and we had a hard time getting out of the sea, the waves came up and over my head. I realised then just how powerful the sea is when it is very rough and I never go out of my depth and have a great respect for it now.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 11:42:27 AM »
Jozef,

Don't let that particular bad weather day put you off should you decide to make another visit in October!  The rest of our 3 weeks were spent in very fine weather indeed. :-)

On that day we went along at lunchtime to Agios Georgios and sat in a seafront cafe.  We were able to watch a group of brave young local men messing around in the huge waves!  We much preferred to sit snugly inside our enjoying home made pizzas washed down with red wine to help warm us up.  Very cosy indeed! :-) :-) :-)

Eilenx

Offline xkrchnav

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2008, 07:03:09 PM »
So great! I would join that brave young people that day for sure! So that you could look at a one more man fighting the waves :) or letting himself to be fighted by sea :). You know what I mean...

How can you be on holiday by the sea and not be able to swim? Of course I have also big respect of sea. As I wrote earlies some waves really frightened me. Especially because I was alone there. I was unable to sleep - because of storm and I wanted very much that waves so I got up soon morning to ejoy them. And my wife was sleeping of course :). So it lasted only for a while and I returned back to studios. But it was great. I hope there are no sharks in ionean sea during mornings.
skypeid is also xkrchnav

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2008, 07:24:15 PM »
I am glad to hear that you managed back to the safety of your studio and your wife...and that the great white shark of the Ionian sea did not get you!!! ;-)

All my family are like you and enjoy the big waves...I am not so brave, I prefer to sit and watch them...and secretly admire all the young brave men...a very good past time indeed!!! :-)  :-)  :-)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 08:52:57 PM »
Josef...    I love being in the sea, its not that I dont want to its just that I have trouble getting my feet off the ground, or even my bottom come to that!  LOL... just not had the time to learn since I was little and dont like being out of my depth.  I think it must be a fantastic feeling to be able to swim and really enjoy the water and I know I miss so much.

Offline xkrchnav

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2008, 07:50:35 AM »
This is very easy think to learn. Only thing you need to this is to overcome yourself a bit. Not to be lazy and easily resign (I don't have a time, I'm too old, I'm not able to, I just.... you know?). You can make it even during one holiday I'm sure! Kids are able to swimm from very beginning. So you want to tell me that you forgot it? You don't have to be olympic but just be able to go to deeper water than your high. :). Human is the laziest creature on the Planet. However I'm not telling that nobody can overcome this :). But it is not easy to fight it. Oops. I started to be quite off topic.

In addition I wanted to say that maybe it would be a bit easier to learn swimming when you just forget about that you are learning that. Try to get your diving goggles and watch those beautiful fishes around you (not white shark like Eileen mentioned ;)). And easily levitate in the water. If your head is also under water you don't need to do anything to levitate in the water and don't get to the bottom. But for sure this everything you know long time, don't you?

So what about that sharks? Are they in Ionian?? Or you were just joking. I hope the second is correct :P
skypeid is also xkrchnav

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2008, 08:42:18 AM »
I have heard of sharks in the med never seen 1 but dont think i want to,not if i'm in the sea near 1 anyway lol
                                             Tony

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2008, 01:34:13 PM »
Lynda was in the South of France and saw one behind her..  so now she is scouring the sea for others even when we were in Arillas.

You are right Josef, I just need to relax I think and it might just happen and I will be floating without realising it.  I am going to have another go this year.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2008, 03:46:17 PM »
I often swim in the sea at night in Arillas....fantastic in the moonlight....once borrowed a tablecloth from the Pizzeria (then called the Acropolis and lent by the water who moved on to Eftihia's) for a towel....
Sandy x

Offline xkrchnav

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2008, 09:58:38 AM »
Great idea blodegirl. Good luck this year!

Uff... shark behind it must be scary. I can fully understand now her souring even in pool :). But it's true that France is on quite more open sea... (If I'm right you didn't mean atlantic side of France).

Unfortunatelly last year we were in Corfu quite late - from 16.9. That time it was cold for swimming in moonlight. Maybe the water would be good but what then :). But I wish very much this night swimming - it is great. I was only once in open sea at night. Long time ago when I was 10 in Romania. But that feeling of freedom I remember as it was yesterday :).

Jozef
skypeid is also xkrchnav

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2008, 10:08:26 AM »
One year in Zante we were having a meal in a restaurant on Laganas beach,  a couple of german girls got up and left their table and went for a swim, you could hear them laughing.,  they were swimming with the turtles, we couldnt see anything though as it was too dark.  They just came back dried off and sat back down and finished their meal. 

You are right Josef, Lynda saw the shark in the South of France.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2008, 01:23:05 PM »
The sea in Arillas is still very warm in September and October....much colder in May....and maybe this year I will test it in April as I assume none of the pools will be open till May.
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2008, 05:29:11 PM »
You're right Sandy. I swam in the sea last week of October last year and anyone will tell you - I just don't do c-o-l-d. Jen only got up to her knees in SplishSplash pool that day and bottled out. And she seems able to swim in a freezer as far as I'm concerned!

I have also swum in the sea in Arillas in the moonlight. So totally relaxing and enjoyable.

best wishes
Phil

Offline xkrchnav

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2008, 09:47:21 AM »
That's great! But surprising. We were there last year september and water in Glyfada was quite cold. Fortunatelly it was hot summer day so it was to cool down in that fresh water :). But I can't imagine that at night. Maybe arillas have warmer water :).

Jozef
skypeid is also xkrchnav

Booking.com