Myths, Legends & Local stories...

Started by BeckyB, April 01, 2008, 10:35:53 PM

vivian

Hee hee Dimitris, Pete has always wonderd why when you tell him something, I will tell him the same thing all over again a few hour's later. Now he know's. Love Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

vivian

Im sure it must have been one of you lot that told me about the stream, please let us know the whole of the story! Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

vivian

This has been cut and pasted from Forist Myths  by Michael Garofalo Thank you. Viv As you know both these tree's are abundent in Arillas and the rest of Corfu, and I thought these 2 story's might intreste some of you.Viv.
Pomengranate tree (Punica granata)
The fruit of the pomengranate tree with its little red seeds, was a symbol of life and fertility. The pomengranate tree was dedicated to Hera, goddess of union and birth.
The olive tree (Olea europea)
Athena used the olive tree to prevail over Poseidon during their contest over rulership of Attica. Thus the olive branch became a symbol of victory and peace, and the olive tree was a gift by the goddess to the people of Athens.

Stay Nude it ante rude

BeckyB

Hi Viv,

I just wanted to thank you for all the tasy snippets you've been posting - it's really great stuff & to let you know that I'm trying to come up with my own additions, but as yet haven't had much success!

I haven't been about for the last few days, but I intend to devote some time to this & see if I can come up with my own contribution (s).

Thanks very much though & if anyone wants to share any stories - please keep them coming!!

Becky B x.

Booking.com