Author Topic: where to stay  (Read 11714 times)

Offline lilacs

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
where to stay
« on: April 01, 2008, 03:12:11 PM »
hello to you all.

well im trying to think of were to stay this year, i would love the galinni, but there not with a tour operator this year, and its working out to dear for seperate flights and accomadation,
so i have found the MATHRIKA studios, they look lovely, can anyone tell me if they stayed there, and what they thought of them
love lilacs.
happy april fools to you all..lol

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
where to stay
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 03:19:37 PM »
Yesterday someone was asking about Mathraki appts.  Thomspon were doing good deals in June from Manchester and Gatwick for around £240-50 for two weeks.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re: where to stay
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 04:36:04 PM »
Hi lilacs, welcome to the forum.

Use the search feature at the top of the page and you will find lots of information about the Mathraki.  They come highly recommended...from me and my family...well seasoned Mathraki'ers! :-)

Happy searching and happy holidays,

Eileenx

Offline lilacs

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 04:51:17 PM »
big thankyou for your replys, well i have just found a holday, the mathraki studios, 750 fro 1 week on the 25 the july, do you recon thats good. lov lilacs,xoxoox

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 08:23:49 PM »
Sounds very expensive to us lilacs unless it's for two, in which case sounds better.

Our TWO weeks from 7th July staying at Annas Studios came in at just under £800 for two of us including flights and the taxis. We nearly always go independent, and having paid in full for the accommodation we got a much better exchange rate than now.

There are many links on flights for you to try (see Corfu Flight Board - flight list thread.) No harm in finding out before you book anything else.

I also remember Mathraki offering independent bookings this year, I think.

Hope it all works out
Phil

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 10:09:07 PM »
Lilacs,

As Phil says I'd price the package against booking independently.  On the Mathraki website http://www.mathrakistudios.net/  the price for 1 week in July is 280 euros/£220.  I'm not 100% sure but on the website it looks like your taxi transfer is included in the price.

You would need to find your flights for under £530 for two to compare with the package.  In my opinion if the price worked out the same it would be worth it for the private transfer alone.  The beauty of booking  direct with the owner is that you have the choice of flight operators thus you are not restricted to Thomsons flight days....also you may just be lucky enough to get a 10 day holiday for the price of 7!!!

Worth a try!!

Eileen.x

Offline coys

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 12:06:33 AM »
My daughter has booked at Annas studios in July flying from gatwick with Easyjet for two weeks. In total it has cost her around £820.00 for four people. 

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 12:10:17 AM »
I would have thought £800 for two people was quite a lot.. I am sure you could get it cheaper.  We have never paid more than £280 each before end of June/July s.c. including flights and transfer.  Which is why we thought Thomsons deal of £241 was brilliant for two weeks in June.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 12:26:45 AM »
My daughter has booked at Annas studios in July flying from gatwick with Easyjet for two weeks. In total it has cost her around £820.00 for four people. 

Fantastic price Coys!  They did get a bargain :-)

Eileenx

Offline coys

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 12:49:18 AM »
Yes Eileen they booked their flights as soon as Easyjet started selling flights to Corfu so they got a really good price.Also Annas prices were very reasonable for high season.

Barry.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 01:35:50 AM »
Hi BG

For the last time this year as a teacher, I am going to get ripped off by airlines tour operators etc. Our dates are really fixed by term time, and can never go in September, June, May however jealous I am of you all who do.

We couldn't bear to leave our trip this July to chance - so important to us that we were certain we were going so we took the best available. Still happy with it.

But the September deal (which we haven't been able to do before cos of my job) is looking amazing. £220 for return flights, £75 for taxis and maybe £500 for accommodation for the whole month. Even at this exchange rate it is still £100 per person per week. Just hope we can put it all together.

lots of best wishes
phil

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2008, 10:47:17 AM »
I would love to go for a whole month.   Go for it if you can!

Offline lilacs

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2008, 01:03:28 PM »
big hello to you all, wow i have many arillas friends now, lol......well we live in coventry, so gatwick is to far, so we will fly from biriminham, and its the cov fortnight, as it very dear this time of year, i did try and do it in dependently, but it was nearly a grand with flihgts from birmingham ect... after checking out all optuions, its a very good deal on the internet to do a package, of 740.05 pence....!!!! for both of us, but thakyou all, for your help, were counting down the days, this will be our fifth yeAR NOW, so yipeeeeeeeeee,,,here we come,,,,love to all, happy holidays, xooxoxoxox

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2008, 01:09:23 PM »
Five years in a row...well I think we can truly call you an Arillas Addict!  I'm sure after 4 previous visits you will have plenty of friends in Arillas by now, but you can't go wrong with a few more of us!!! :-)

Glad to hear that you have managed to get yourself sorted...and here's to your next 5 years!!!

Eileenx

Offline lilacs

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2008, 01:12:46 PM »
thanks eileen, are you going back this year,,,xoxoxo

Booking.com