Author Topic: New Here  (Read 8911 times)

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
New Here
« on: March 28, 2008, 12:01:01 PM »
Hi Folks i'm new to this Forum we have been to Arillas in the past but not actually stayed there
We have Stayed in San Stef and Sidari and thought we would have a change this year, i only booked the studios this morning which are the Mathraki studios anyone with any info on the studios and general area would be much appreciated
I need to find my way around this site yet as ive only just joined i am a member of the Agni site and find it very usefull
Just a quick 1 can anyone tll me how far it is to walk on the cliff path to san stef in time and distance also how much are taxis in san stef as we will be bobbing over a couple of times to see Spiros& Maria and young konstantinos  at the Voula apparts  who we met on our 1st visit to Corfu maria was expecting then we went to see them last year and looking foreward to seeing them again
                                                            Tony

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
Re: New Here
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 01:03:28 PM »
Hi Tony welcome to the Arillas site, I cant tell you about taxi fare as we always walk, it takes about  3/4 of an hour depending on weather you use path and road or thr path all the way. I would suggest you walk the path there have a nice meal and then walk back via the road. Ofcourse when you do  I suspect you will spend a lot of time still looking at the views, it has been known for it to take us 4 hrs.lol. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 01:49:45 PM »
hello tony, i am sure the mathraki studios are at the end of the road near the start of the cliff path to san stef overlooking the sea (lucky you!) afraid i don't know about taxi's as we usually walk as well, we go by road, well we start off trying to find short cuts, but never manage too!! meander back after having a refreshing drink, and you don't mind how long it takes (i always have to visit teresa's jewellery shop as well!!)
ger x

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 02:13:29 PM »
Hi Tony,

Glad to hear of another 'deserter' from San Stephanos!  It's amazing how many people visit Arillas for the day, fall in love with it and return the following year. :-)

You will have no problem with the Mathraki which is in a great location and run by a lovely family.  Also you are right on track for the shortcut to and from San Steph.  Do a search on this forum to find all the posts I've made about the Mathraki!

I've made up a document detailing a little shortcut to San Steph which I will email to you.

Eileen.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 03:03:08 PM »
Hi Eileen... I wouldnt mind the shortcut map as well please.  Any chance you can pm one to . I can print it out then and we wont get lost or trespass like we did last year!  LOl... sue x
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 03:35:38 PM »
Hi Sue,

I have to go out shortly and I'm running late but I will email it to you when I have more time tonight.

Eileenxx

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 05:48:03 PM »
Thanks eileen!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 06:30:04 PM »
Wow what a brilliant and quick response to my post i can see me being logged onto this site nearly every day until i go lol a big thank you to your replies PS Eileen i know your face are you a member on the Taverna agni website ?

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 07:31:49 PM »
Tony
I think you'll like Mathraki especially if you're tech minded. Our local computer whizz kid Akis is resident there. The man who played a major part in setting up the webcam and who did our Sky dish and receiver.

He has a website which I think is advertised on the main page of the Forum. I went there today to try and get a couple of pics for you but it was difficult to hold the camera whilst trying to fend his large dog away from my left leg, which for some reason he was attracted to. Have a good hol.
Negg

riggers

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 07:36:40 PM »
Might have been after a bone Eggy. Lol

riggers...

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 07:41:16 PM »
Thanks Eggy would love to see some pics i'm a big fan of digital photography there is a link on my profile to my webshots page which has subjects rangeing from holidays to wildlife etc i will deffo have the digi cams woth me when i come lol
                                         Tony

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 07:57:34 PM »
Sorry Eileen....I suspect you running late is my fault after our natter. Will keep in touch. Love Sandy x
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2008, 08:47:06 PM »
Welcome Tony.

i can see me being logged onto this site nearly every day until i go lol
You're right there! Jen and I only found it a few days before we stayed last week of October last year, and in 6 months have notched up all but 8 days logged in (200 hours!) It's a fantastic forum (to put up with me to start with!) but seriously, you can get hold of up to date and detailed local information very quickly.

We always use a taxi for San Stef - only a few euros - because Jen can't walk that far. Mathraki get very good reports on here - you'll enjoy.

best wishes
Phil

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2008, 09:26:34 PM »
Tony, yes it's the same avatar/mugshot as on the Agni Forum.

I enjoyed looking through your photos, what an interesting and varied collection. :-)

O.K I'm off to send that email now.

Eileen.

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2008, 09:29:06 PM »
Thanks Eileen looking forward to it i,m in the Arillas chatroom at the mo

Booking.com