Author Topic: When is everybody going.  (Read 896836 times)

Offline darren-jane

Re: When is everybody going.
« Reply #2370 on: July 01, 2014, 10:39:47 PM »
23 more days to go for me and jane.
Then 5 weeks of bliss with a bit of house hunting chucked in for our move over at the end of September
We have 14 family and friends coming out from the 1st of August will be one hell of a party.

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2371 on: July 01, 2014, 11:07:33 PM »
Will see you for a few days Darren and Jane. At Bardis Sun until 28th.

Heres best wishes with the house hunting. Don't you have some land? I guess you're looking for a temporary place till you build? Please tell us all about it when we touch base - love to hear how folk make their journey to living in Magoulades. Our eyes are set on only a little part of it - Arillas itself.  Maybe 2016.

14!!! Are you all staying with Spiros and Poppy? No wonder they're full! You will all have a superb time as usual. Just make sure Poppy wins the quiz......

Phil

Offline Chris12

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #2372 on: July 01, 2014, 11:30:32 PM »
2 sleeps can't wait

Offline darren-jane

« Reply #2373 on: July 01, 2014, 11:53:34 PM »
Will see you for a few days Darren and Jane. At Bardis Sun until 28th.

Heres best wishes with the house hunting. Don't you have some land? I guess you're looking for a temporary place till you build? Please tell us all about it when we touch base - love to hear how folk make their journey to living in Magoulades. Our eyes are set on only a little part of it - Arillas itself.  Maybe 2016.

14!!! Are you all staying with Spiros and Poppy? No wonder they're full! You will all have a superb time as usual. Just make sure Poppy wins the quiz......

Phil

We do have land in Velonades and will be building next year but need to find somewhere to live from september.

We have a buyer for our house here and i have booked the truck and hotels for my drive over on september the 15th with all our belongings.

Me and jane will then drive over with the dog on the 25th of september to start our new lives as corfiots.

we have 10 of us staying at bardis sun studios 4 staying at the mirage and 2 at anna's

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2374 on: July 02, 2014, 01:16:34 AM »
Goodonyer Darren. Had picked up a lot of your plans on the way, but glad to follow a bit more. Our dear friends Neill and Wendy and Sara and Gary have built their homes there. They are doing brilliantly, even if they sometimes wonder if they truly are....

Nowhere is perfect. But you have chosen as near to it as it gets. When money lets us, Jen and me will follow you there in our own way.

See you for a Mythos in a few weeks.
Phil

Offline Paul Clark

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
    • Pauls Cancer Blog
« Reply #2375 on: July 05, 2014, 10:44:01 AM »
4 of us arriving tomorrow & staying at Anna's. I had a dry run to the airport at silly o'clock this morning to pick my daughter up from 10 days in Spain & yes, she's coming with us!! Oh to be a student again!
Follow my journey against throat cancer at  http://paulscancer.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2376 on: July 05, 2014, 10:53:27 PM »
Paul, you couldn't do much better than Anna Studios. Particularly if you want to explore the area and San Stefanos, visit Gravia Bar and Akrotiri. And Kostas, Anna, Theo and Tasos will conspire to make it (yet another?) perfect holiday.

Jen and I arrive in Arillas at midnight on Monday. Our typical summer stay will see us busy trying to do justice to all the wonderful people we will spend time with, Greek, English... in fact any nationality. After 12 years we have our own take on time in Arillas, but it is always so special to us.

Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2377 on: July 05, 2014, 11:00:46 PM »
Don't forget the "NUT" , Tuesday afternoon , Phil.

Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2378 on: July 05, 2014, 11:39:34 PM »
Got your email Neill M8. Already in the NutNav.... (I don't use SatNav, but my NutNav serves me well!)

Wouldn't miss that for the world. BTW, tell riggers that Phil's is a Tonic Water..... If I fall out of the Nut on my first day I will be in such deep doo-doo....

See you all very soon!
Phil

PS I had a silly moment earlier when someone had sent me a beautifully packaged and nice, tight wristband from Amazon. For a second I wondered who loved me that much............. then Jen read the postal label. The second line said "Eggy." Dreams shattered, I put it back in the box and packed it in our luggage. It will be with you on Tuesday ole mate.

Offline The Walkers

« Reply #2379 on: July 06, 2014, 01:22:14 AM »
6 more sleeps for us before we start our drive out ..... special year for me this year its my 30th year in Arillas , my 45th Birthday and my niece is getting married gonna be a great one 2014 :-)

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #2380 on: July 06, 2014, 09:17:55 AM »
Have fun Walkers! And Happy 30th Arillas Anniversary, Happy B-Day  and enjoy the wedding :)
Life is good ;)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2381 on: July 06, 2014, 09:40:07 AM »
If I fall out of the Nut on my first day I will be in such deep doo-doo....

See you all very soon!
Phil

Fall outa the Nut, Phil? - We would all be "Shell Shocked" if that happened. Glad the wrist band turned up.
I am told that the negative ions, it radiates, will help to start strimmers. Maybe Bill should get one?

Very envious of "The Walkers" - 30 years coming to Arillas. - Seeing the changes. So much to tell.

Anyone coming next week who wants to take their life in their own hands is welcome at the Nut on Tuesday afternoon. 2:30ish to maybe 4 ish - me-thinks.

Cheers
Negg

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #2382 on: July 06, 2014, 11:39:10 AM »
EIGHT DAYS ON MY TICKER

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2383 on: July 06, 2014, 12:03:48 PM »

Won't need one just yet Neill, got a man coming tomorrow to do the heavy work...maybe I should order one for him?
Hoping that when he's finished I will just have to put those pots Val wants on the paving he's going to lay for me as well. :)
 Going to plant the dam strimmer as a feature.

Bill
The love affair continues.

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #2384 on: July 06, 2014, 12:16:06 PM »
One more sleep for me. How can a year go so very s.l.o.w.l.y !?

No complaints though, tomorrow is nearly here after there have been times I didn't think I'd get there at all, having had to cancel my original flight and change to tomorrow. Tomorrow!? Tomorrow I'll be in my little piece of heaven on earth......

Thanks Eggy for my official invite to Tuesday afternoons meet up :-) That means more to me than an invite to the Queens garden party. I'll be there, honoured to meet other forum members that I do have something in common with....our love of Arillas.

The Tour de France goes past the bottom of my road today. I won't be there I've got more important things to do.. my fridge to clean..the kitchen floor..the packing...

See you there, and if I don't...have your own special time.

Cypress

Booking.com