Author Topic: Old Corfu Town (Black Cat Restaurant)  (Read 9678 times)

jollyjac1

Old Corfu Town (Black Cat Restaurant)
« on: September 25, 2004, 08:04:11 PM »
On  a day trip to the above place.  We found that all the restaurants and shops tryed to pull all tourists into their places.

We visited the Black Cat which is on the corner as you go through the park after the bus drops you off near the sea.

We had a lovely meal in this place but unfortunately when our bill arrived we had to query the final charge as we had worked it out to be less euro's than what was stated.

When asked what the difference in the final total was we were told that this was due to 30% service charge :? .

This is just to warn all other tourists to check out what your final total will be.

If in doubt than ask before you order.

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re-Black Cat Resturaunt.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 10:51:20 AM »
Thanks for that Jollyjac, I will not forget that name The Black Cat, it certainly was not lucky for you  :roll:  (sorry I had to say that  :wink: )

That has got to be the highest service charge ever, anywhere.

It's kind of overwhelming trying to choose somewhere to eat in Corfu town, theres so many places and coupled with the heat you can find yourself going around in circles.

Eileenx

Offline JollyJac

Thanks
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 03:28:35 PM »
Hi Eileen,

Thanks for your reply.  Yeah I know what you mean.  It took Ian and myself a long time to decide where to eat and as you say it wasn't lucky for us!!

We saw people with McDonalds cups and if we had known that McDonalds was around we would have went there as a safer bet!!! :lol:

Regards

Jacqueline

Val & Steve Lawrence

Black Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004, 05:49:26 PM »
Six of us went on a bus trip from Arillas to Corfu Town on Tuesday 21 September.
We ate at the Black Cat before getting the bus back.  Six main courses and six drinks came to 92.50 euros.  When we asked to see an itemised bill (we hadn't been given one) the waiter brought a piece of paper out of his pocket which clearly showed that he had added a euro or 2 to each main course as well as adding 6 euros cover charge (for the bread). Even his inflated bill came to less than this (86 euros). I think he realised that we had rumbled him when we asked for a menu and proceeded to add it up for ouselves - it came to 72 euros, which is exactly what we paid him including a zero tip !!
He tried it on with several other people as well and I suppose in some cases he gets away with it but you need to be on your guard.  This type of behaviour doesn't do Corfu any favours and don't believe that anyone tried it on with us in Arillas.
By the way, the food at the Black Cat was at best, mediocre.

Val & Steve

imcculli1

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2004, 03:12:23 PM »
Hi val and steve

I am glad to see you only paid what was right and as you say it will not do any favours for corfu, or the black cat i hope it is shut down the next time i go as i am going to blacken it's name every where.

bye for now

ian and  jackie

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2004, 03:33:46 PM »
dont think you should do that!!!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Black Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2004, 07:48:30 PM »
You may have seen,on this forum, that the English Monthly Magazine, The Corfiot is soon to be available on the internet. I think that if you E-Mail them about this restaurant they may investigate. Their E-Mail is corfiotm@otenet.gr and the Editor is Hilary Whitton Paipeti. You never know but they might pursue their enquiries with "Dogged" determination.

Offline imcculli

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 10:46:26 PM »
Quote from: Anonymous
dont think you should do that!!!

and why shouldnt i do that as they are ripping people off, this is me the guy who wrote that above but i didnt sign in a myself

Offline imcculli

Re: Black Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005, 10:51:19 PM »
Quote from: Eggy
You may have seen,on this forum, that the English Monthly Magazine, The Corfiot is soon to be available on the internet. I think that if you E-Mail them about this restaurant they may investigate. Their E-Mail is corfiotm@otenet.gr and the Editor is Hilary Whitton Paipeti. You never know but they might pursue their enquiries with "Dogged" determination.

thanks for that send them an email telling them about hte black cat , but dont know if they will use it or not

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Black Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2005, 03:27:43 PM »
Good Luck.
Let us know if you get an answer.
Negg

Offline imcculli

magazine
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2006, 11:34:26 PM »
Hi Negg

I sent an email ages ago but never received an answer

thanks

bye for now

ian

remember everyone stays clear of the black cat in old corfu town or watch your money dissapear

Booking.com