full review of Kaloudis village apts and billy the kids bar part 1

Started by smifco, October 13, 2007, 06:31:54 PM

vivian

Stay Nude it ante rude

Fiona

Thanks for taking the time to write that great review Smifco.  Look forward to the next instalment.  Always interesting to read about somewhere that you haven't stayed.

I beg to differ about the loo rolls, have only stayed in one place in Arillas where you had to provide your own.  Eleni at Irene Villas supplies a spare pack of six (top quality!) together with a couple of rolls of kitchen paper and I certainly didn't have to buy any when staying at Brouklis!!

Fiona

patrickjohn

Hi
On the great loo roll debate I'd like to add my pennyworth.  After several Greek island visits we started bringing British loo rolls with us, but have now stopped because more and more apartments provide replacements.
Have just got back from the very good Mythos Apartments in Tingaki, Kos.  There were three spare loo rolls, plus one in a holder (another bonus to get a holder eh?).  Not only that but the bathroom was fitted out with Ideal Standard stuff.  However the usual narrow pipework restriction applied with a little bin in the corner for the used loo paper.
Personally while I prefer good old UK plumbing am prepared for a little 'inconvenience' for the charm and wonder of a great Greek holiday in Arilas.
Best wishes
PJ

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Ang

Hi Smifco, hows the toe?? have you been to the doc's yet? when I was there in july I got bit on my elbo and my whole arm swelled up had to visit the medical center there in arillas and the doc said that I had an allergic reaction,must say this was not the first time I have had a reaction to a bite but a bit of a worry when your arm baloons up.
Hope you get the legs and toe sorted.
Ang

smifco

Well Ang The toes still a funny blue colour but the swellings gone down now HOWEVER and this is true by the way I dont know wether the swelling has gone down on my 21 year old sons bites yet, as he wont tell us but lets just say his bites were in a very very sensitive place and it made us all very giggly when we found out. Anyway glad the first part of the review went down well and part 2 will be posted on Friday or maybe Saturday Ah well thats the Greek way , See you all then
Smifco

kevin-beverly

Hi all,

We stayed at the Kaloudis this year, and had the most wonderful time.  Although this was our 2nd time in Arillas it was our 1st time at the Kaloudis.  We thought the complex was absolutely wonderful. Everything was kept wonderfully clean, the gardens are immaculate, and the cleaners work non-stop and are always so cheerful.  Unfortunately we had already booked our 2008 holiday before we went to the Kaloudis, but will definitely be going back in 2009.  Arillas has a charm all of its own no matter where you stay. 

sue

justphil

We read your post with a great deal of understanding. In 2003, Jen had 17 mossie bites lanced and still has the scars. It was our second visit, and we didn't go back until this year, four years later. We realised that night time nets were not the answer - she was getting bitten early evening whilst sat eating in tavernas.

This year we experimented and with great success. She wore pop-sox from early evening (under very feminine floaty trousers) and smothered her legs in "jungle strength" repellant (from Boots on the High Street) and didn't take a single bite the whole week. Others were covered in bites.

We went back in October, and she used arm band repellants instead of the jungle juice, but still covering her feet and ankles with pop-sox. Same result - no bites at all.

We are Arillas addicts, and are now planning to move there, since we now know we have overcome this problem. It is our favourite place in the world, and we have made some wonderful friends. It is the people who make it what it is. Enjoy!

Phil

Lindypops

Lindypops.

riggers

Had to take aerosols upon aerosols of jungle formula, but the little b..............s still managed to give me the odd nibble....riggers

Lindypops

PJ, there`s places to buy toilet paper. The bin in the corner is a good enough repository.
Lindypops.

Mango

Hi Smifco

I was very please to read about your stay at the Kaloudis.  We have been staying there for years, the first time was in 1987 and we have never in all those years had need to complain.  The place is absolutely immaculate.  We will be back in 2008, no doubt about it.

Mango