Author Topic: Bardis Sun Hotel  (Read 18187 times)

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Re: Bardis Sun Hotel
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2007, 06:52:15 PM »
We told Dorita in Aug what Thomson are charging. We have always stayed with her but this year the prices next door were just too good to turn down. We felt bad about deserting her but it was almost twice the price.

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2007, 02:06:40 PM »
Hi Lisa and Steve!
Thanks for your info. I'm glad Dorita knows what a rip off Thomson prices are. I will wait and see what info Neil can find about the booking arrangements for next year.
Our stay at The Bardis Sun Hotel was a fantastic holiday and sadly the last visit to Arillas before I lost my wife. A lot of good memories! Hope to revisit next year Mayish.
All the best,
Martin.

Offline alex

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2007, 02:03:00 PM »
we have just returned and the bardis had only 1 couple staying there. dorita said they hadnt been busy all summer. normally the bardis never comes up to a later addition.
alex

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2007, 05:00:38 AM »
Hi!
Just checked the Thomson website. No mention of this hotel on next year's booking list. Seems like they have dropped it. The plot thickens! Hope Dorita can give us a clue as to the new agents/tour operators!
All the best,
Martin.

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2007, 11:06:40 AM »
Its such a shame that they are being treated like this by Thomsons.  We stayed with Dorita twice in 2005 and would not hesitate to go back again if Thomsons had not been so greedy with the prices.  From the reports posted by several people the hotel has been empty most of the season which is normally unheard of when you are tring to book a holiday - they are normally bursting at the seams (or is that just Spain).

I hope that they are all ok and business picks up for them next year.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2007, 06:36:26 PM »
Martin
Went into the Bardis Sun again this afternoon but everything closed up.
Not a soul in sight.
I will keep trying.
Negg

Offline Bet

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2007, 09:42:01 PM »
I think Dorita will be round at the Gratsiella now that they have closed the Hotel. Im sure they would be pleased to know that their old customers are concerned about the
family business. Good Luck

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2007, 11:16:21 PM »
Thanks Bet
Negg

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2007, 02:42:59 AM »
Thank you Neil for your attempts to contact Dorita and family. There seems to be quite a lot of support for this hotel. Hope they have managed to cope with the poor season this year and that next year the 'past customers' like myself, will rally round and make it a full season again. They deserve it! Thomson has gone down hill a lot in my opinion and I hope that the new arrangements will improve the Bardis family rewards for 2008!
All the best,
Martin.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2007, 06:55:01 PM »
I spoke with Dorita today and she tells me it's "Independant next year"

Contact numbers:-
0030 26630 52050
0030 26630 51039
or mobile 00306938960283.

She has good Englsh, so don't worry about giving her a call if need be.

Regards
Negg

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2007, 06:58:39 PM »
Hi there
Talking about Thompsons and their prices, we have just priced up to go to the Kaloudis appts where we go every year.  For 2008 they want £1,770 for two adults and one child (bear in mind free child place) to go self catering.  Needless to say we didn't bother booking, hope to maybe get a cancellation at last minute, otherwise need to replan 2008 holiday.
Mango

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2007, 07:54:21 PM »
Hi Neil!
Well done, thanks for the information. Glad Dorita has 'gone independant' and escaped the clutches of Thomson. I will ring her to see what her prices will be for next year, maybe she will post an advert on this site, I am sure she would do better than relying on Thomson.
Yammas!
Martin.

PS. Mango,
maybe it's worth you enquiring with Dorita and booking with her next year, get a cheap flight and go 'independant'. The hotel is very comfortable and nothing is too much trouble for the Bardis family, they realy look after their guests well!

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2007, 04:34:51 PM »
Hi Martin-W

Yes, we will probably look round for alternative accommodation, I know where the Bardis Sun is and it does look really nice. I also quite fancy trying the Horizon.

Mango

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2007, 05:42:49 AM »
Hi all!
Contacted Dorita today and had quite a long chat with her. She confirmed the hotel will be going 'independent ' next year after a very disappointing year with Thomson and that she will be dealing with all bookings via the 'phone for next year. There is no website at the moment, but once you have confirmed the date and time of arrival she will book the room/rooms to suit. The rates are very good (nothing like those charged by Thomson).
I hope to be a regular guest at the hotel in the future, starting with May next year, subject to a suitable flight from Cardiff CWL/Bristol.
Get booking now!
Martin.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2007, 01:46:09 PM »
Hi Martin,

Glad you got in contact with Dorita, im happy shes now going independant, hopefully now she will get alot more business now that Thomsons wont be trying to rip off the customers!

Do you know what the rates are for the rooms, if so could you possibly post them on here please??

Thank you.

Booking.com