Author Topic: Advice Required on Fun Things To Do and See in September  (Read 4428 times)

Offline TonyRand

Advice Required on Fun Things To Do and See in September
« on: September 03, 2004, 10:42:00 PM »
Hi,
My wife and I are coming to Arillas for the 1st time next week for 2 weeks and would appreciate some tips on good, fun things to do and see in the local area and around the island. We intend to hire a car for a week to broaden our horizons.
We are in our late forties / early fifties and are pretty active, like walking and seeing new places.
I would like to try wind-surfing again, has anybody any ideas where is the best place to do it and do I have to bring my qualification certificate.
We would appreciate tips on good places to eat too.

Hope to hear from some of you,

Tony

Offline Ivan

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2004, 01:55:01 PM »
8) Tony,
           I know Dimitris,who hosts this site and owns the Brouklis Taverna, is a keen windsurfer. There is a guy on the front, his name escapes me, who may hire equipment. Anyhow I hope you both have a wonderful holiday in Arillas
                                 Regards,
                                             Ivan

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 12:37:11 AM »
Hi Tony,
Ivan's right talk to Dimitris who owns Brouklis about windsurfing etc and we can say he has one of the best tavernas in Arillas but your best bet is to try several different ones and make your own judgements as we all have different tastes etc ? but we have never had bad food at all, its always been good, we just prefer some to others. We go twice a year and its always been good.
But just scroll down some of the replies on the Forum and you will get lots of info.
 Regarding hiring a car we have always got ours through' Arillas car hire '(Anna & Kostas) because its in the Arillas & we have never been let down & the cars are always reliable, also we know them very well, they also have "Annas appartments" up the road a bit.
Where are you staying ? It might be on the Forum street map.
Have a good holiday, speak soon. we hope to be out towards end of month.

Regards        Paul/Deb5

Booking.com