Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101698 times)

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #4005 on: May 19, 2010, 02:45:59 PM »
Dave n Anne

Keep an eye out for scruffy white Punto being driven by an equally scruffy Egg.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Much calmer here today and 21/22deg very respectable.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #4006 on: May 19, 2010, 02:53:15 PM »
Hi Tony

We fly from manchester with easyjet , not long now , see you soon Eggy .

Yammas

Dave

Offline p.d.

« Reply #4007 on: May 20, 2010, 10:40:01 AM »
not so nice today rumbles of thunder with showers this am,i know i said "good for the gardens" a few days ago but there is a limit!

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4008 on: May 20, 2010, 06:46:29 PM »

P.D

Yer not wrong there matey! - Wotta sh***y day!
Drove to Rainbow for a dart or two at around 3 ish. Wipers working at full pelt and Punto, getting so soggy under the bonnet , wanting to stall and call it a day.
( Much over-revving in low gears - Much petrol used! )

So much rain that the "drainage holes" in people's walls were working overtime and torrents of water coming at you faster than you were driving.
Never drive up hill in this weather folks!.

(I bumped into Noah and can confirm he's Greek as he tried to overtake!-------
-----  GO PAST ME? IN A WOODEN ARK? - WOTSALLTHAT ABOUT? )

The beach, just like many guests are in hiding but will bounce back when the weather improves, which will hopefully be Saturday onwards.

Still giving us all that wet stuff at 6:45 pm and a measley 15 deg outside.
But........ What really makes me feel good is a comment I heard, between 2 couples at the Rainbow. The reply given to the comment - " Bloody Weather " was ................
" It is , but, I'd rather be here in this than England - And it will be better tomorrow "

Good man - That's the way to look at it! - There's more than a beach and a tan to keep us all chilled out and enjoying life!.
Cheers
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4009 on: May 20, 2010, 07:43:03 PM »
So true Eggy mate.

"It is, but I'd rather be here in this than in England. And it will be better tomorrow."

Was he one of my students? Or a hologram of me? I could have uttered that exactly.

Was cloudy but warm here (22 degrees when we looked.) We sat in a pub garden doing our crosswords for a couple of hours, and when I closed my eyes I could nearly have been at Rainbow. But wrong beer, no pool and no beach. Well two out of three would still have been better... Hope the beach improves soon after the storm. Would reduce my Mythos consumption in July, but hey, who cares? No beach, just friends and good food and drink. Works for Jen and me.

Phil

Offline anotherjohn

« Reply #4010 on: May 20, 2010, 08:32:06 PM »
Hi Eggy, I know how you feel about driving in those storms you get out there, I had some of that in Sept. 2008. while driving in the hills over San Gorgio when a storm started, the rain was that heavy I could hardly see the road in front of me and it was dark as night with the lightning lighting up the sky, when I got into San Geogio all the tavernas were flooded out. So lets hope the storms have now gone, we will be coming there on Monday.

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4011 on: May 21, 2010, 06:52:34 PM »
Monday should be on the way up A.J.

After 100mm of rain recorded in 24 hours it's been a pussycat in Arillas today.

Not a baking hottie but a tolerable 17/18 deg and dry, if you ignore those little spits, that were occassionally lobbed in our direction.

The beach is making yet another come back and all Arillas guests, once again, take evey hiccup in their stride, There may be a few around but I haven't found anyone yet who regret being here. - And why not? - Plenty to do, or find to do!

Exchange sits at e1.145 so maybe once again, even allowing for commision, bringing some cash may get you a better deal.

Cheers
Negg

Offline anotherjohn

« Reply #4012 on: May 22, 2010, 06:06:13 PM »
Eggy, hope you are right when you say Monday should be on the way up, the temp. here in the south east of England is a whopping 26 deg.
Hope the beach makes it back soon.
 The exchange rate is good at 1.145 as it is a pultry 1.07 in our post office as you say well worth bringing sterling with us. Thanks for that information.
Hurry up Monday.

Cheers John.

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4013 on: May 22, 2010, 06:32:13 PM »
Hi John

Sitting here at 18:30 we have 22 deg outside and it's been a very dry day, although we have had a little bit of breeze.

I really feel, or is that hope, that next week is on the way up  Locals think that the bad weather will take a back seat for a while now.

Certainly today is short sleeve weather.

Exchange still hovers around that e 1.145 mark.

Cheers
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4014 on: May 22, 2010, 06:35:45 PM »
Welcome John. Here in the South West of England it is hot and sunny. Jen's computer suggests it is nicer here than it is there. But this is not a competition.

We have a lovely village pub, and sat in their garden the last few hours. It nearly felt like we do in Arillas. But it wasn't Brouklis, it wasn't Rainbow.... no sea, no pool, no Dimitris (Jimmy) or Spiros. It was second best for us.

John, just live every minute you're there. Have a fantastic holiday
Phil

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4015 on: May 22, 2010, 07:13:54 PM »

We have a lovely village pub, and sat in their garden the last few hours. It nearly felt like we do in Arillas. Phil

Sometimes Phil, but just sometimes, I wish I was sat in the garden of a Village pub in the UK, together with those good sunny days you can receive.
To drive on the "wrong" side of the road, a pint of bitter,pork pie or scratchings.
But, I have to get on a plane to do it. Temptation it is, but not enough to get me on a plane.

When I get these occassional pangs its down to Arillas, stroll along the front. Maybe a lunchtime Amstel with marinated octupus or Wegg if she's there.
Swings and roundabouts I 'spose. Can't have it all.

Cheers from a 21 deg outside temp at 19:20. - I hear a Night Owl calling with Wendy n Stu,
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4016 on: May 22, 2010, 07:41:22 PM »
This is open to all the world to see, so my language will fit that. Life in Arillas and surrounding areas (like Kavaddades) will inevitably involve those choices. You miss the pub garden, we miss the sea, the glorious food, the honest and welcoming people who live there. There may be a few rotten apples but so what? It hasn't ruined us like it has others.

Our forum proves how like minded people like us can connect with one another. In October in 2008 we met you for the first time. You posted a pic of us in the Nut. Eileen called us the Arillas Hippies... the rest is history.

You talk pangs.... We have a roses round the door Country Cottage - come and swap your beautiful house in Kavaddades with ours. You would barely notice the difference, except no sea, no bars, no frends....

Arillas Today sounds just like it always does to me. I have no doubts whatsoever
Phil

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4017 on: May 23, 2010, 12:30:44 AM »
Ah Phil

Wouldn't it be great if we could have a "Star Trek" beam me up machine and we could flit between one "world" and another,

We've just returned home from a great evenng with Wendy n Stuart which finished up with drinks at Eftihia, on the front. Very quiet except for the noise of the sea.

I would consider a 1 month trade but it would be hard to do.

Arillas today, bearing in mind it is now 27 mins past midnight, will will be a good one.
For us it's a lunchtime get together with pals at Three W's to share souvlakis and chicken etc. Could be a long afternoon.

For Arillas guests? - Chill out time yet again.

Be welll, you Arillas Hippies you.
Very good wishes to you and Jen
Negg

Offline BBB

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4018 on: May 23, 2010, 09:31:55 AM »
It's called a plane Eggy, or a car and some of us do just that!

Friends arriving for a week today so we shall be on "holiday" too, enjoying meals out, beach etc. Gorgeous morning here, fresh and SUNNY.

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #4019 on: May 23, 2010, 10:52:13 AM »
Kalimera folks, for those who have just returned has Nikos got his secret project up and running would love to see a couple of pics of the new bar
Tony

Booking.com