Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101828 times)

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #2565 on: January 24, 2009, 08:01:05 PM »
Maggie
I click the mouse, to post,  and get get "warning database failed"
Click again and get " Someone is posting"
Click again and everything locks up.
Now my brain hurts-Hope to see Dimitris Monday so I will ask.
Negg

intersting Mr Eggy,....
I also thought that this was an ouzo reaction of the forum.!
please inform me each time this happens  by sending me an email with the detailed error message/s

yammass!
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2566 on: January 24, 2009, 08:02:39 PM »
Eggy. I thought I taught you about double vision. As you know I'm an expert. Maggie from lovely Edinburgh has it - must be the ouzo!

take care both. See you soon

riggers

« Reply #2567 on: January 24, 2009, 09:30:35 PM »
I just thought you were talking in doubles and trebles Eggy.

riggers............

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #2568 on: January 25, 2009, 02:36:40 AM »
riggs ...we are deffo talking about arillas vision............ill let u know in june ......yammas

Offline paulndeb

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #2569 on: January 27, 2009, 12:42:35 AM »
Hi eggy,
Many thanks for the lovely pictures of Bob and Penny's views.
We didn't get chance to go over last year and have had to put our build in
Afionas on hold until 'le crunch' and the rate of exchange gets sorted. It was great to see that everything worked out well for them. Still we could always put the tent up
on the plot and a shower in the tree.  (Although I much prefer the Bardis Brothers
villas)
(The last time we saw them Penny was sorting out their Post Box in the village)
Your postings really help to temper our 'withdrawal' symptoms. I don't normally reply to the forum - I like reading everyone else's observations instead. But it was so
nice to see that the move went according to plan.
Hopefully we will be over this year - so fingers crossed.
Regards to Linda and Nick at the Night Owl.   
Deb and Paul

Offline Timbo

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Lost count of how many visits now! :)
    • Facebook
« Reply #2570 on: January 27, 2009, 02:26:17 PM »

I think Cheryl and Timbo will remember the house and couple as we all paid them a visit just before everything was completed and ready for "the big move".

And... What I like about Bob is , he likes a game of darts as well.

Cheers Negg.

Yeah, I remember it well, we had a fab time & Bob & Penny are such a lovely couple, please pass my best on to them both when you next see them!

The views look fantastic! :-)
I always have a great holiday in Arillas.... I wish I could take it up professionally!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2571 on: January 27, 2009, 06:07:36 PM »
Paul n Deb
How nice is that to have a posting from you? - Glad you're both well.
Looking forward to seein you this year, all being well.

Timbo
Bob n Penny have really settled down well and all their neighbours have taken a shine to them as , said it before, down to earth people.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A wet Arillas today with overnight heavy winds finishing in torrential rain early hours.
We recorded 25mm of rain in 45 minutes this morning. Our neighbours bank collapsed and they can't get the cars fown the drive.
An afternoon drive,for me, to Sidari took me through 4 very deep flood water areas. But "Red Pug" did well even though a few coughs and splutters.
Temps arpund 12 deg outside and now dry at 6 pm.

Darts at the "Owl" tonite -  Gotta be done - "Whether" or not.
Cheers
Negg

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2572 on: January 28, 2009, 12:55:38 AM »
Hi Negg,

I think I can remember you having a bank collapse last year, in heavy rain. At least its a different type of bank collapse to the ones we are having in the UK.

Next time in rains can you take your wellies with you and take some photos of the flood waters. Maybe Wendy could take your photo and then we could see the wellies that havent been seen since April 1st last year ( Melon Murderer)

How did the darts go?

TerryW

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2573 on: January 28, 2009, 12:38:37 PM »
Hi Terry

I maybe popping out later so will take the camera.
Meanwhile, to "whet" your appetite, this is a photo of the normally dry ditch, just beyond another neighbours land.

Wegg took this yesterday, just after the rainguage recorded 25mm of wet stuff in 50 minutes!

Darts went well and a posting due soon.

Cheers
Negg

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #2574 on: January 28, 2009, 01:25:32 PM »
More rain there then here at the moment. Is that the ditch you had to jump over when the strimmer ran away with you lol. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2575 on: January 28, 2009, 06:58:14 PM »
More rain there then here at the moment. Is that the ditch you had to jump over when the strimmer ran away with you lol. Viv

I don't think I could manage to jump over that one Viv. But thanks for the compliment.
I don't think I could jump this ditch either.

A few pics of Arillas today where the rain kept away until about 5 ish. We're currently under attack by heavy thunder and lightening and the rains back, but not as potent as last night. ---- So far.

I also spotted a new sign outside a well known Taverna, ready to be put on the wall for the summer

Bet a few of you recognise the place?

Off to our neighbours tonite for a meal and drink or two. There's still a lot of noisy activity going on out side. Wellies on methinks. - But photos not allowed.
Cheers
Negg

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2576 on: January 28, 2009, 08:23:24 PM »
Hi Eggy
The photo you took of the flooded ditch I noticed the plants surrounding it , they remind of the plants Castle Eden Dene Nature reserve very close to where I live and love to walikng there. Now I know why years ago it was owned by a family who planted the Dene,  inspired by Italian paintings of the countryside. Maybe inspired by Greece too. Now I know why I love both places. Castle Eden Dene reminds me of Arillas!

Take Care

Mary

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2577 on: January 29, 2009, 02:52:54 PM »
Thanks for those pics Negg, really interesting. You can almost sense the water flowing down the ditch on the first one. The pictures from the webcam yesterday, showed very black, stormy skies. You can see why Corfu is so green with all that water.

I love being by the sea when its rough (but not in the summer). Its a great thrill to see  massive waves crashing on to rocks.

Could you stand at the end of the pier next time you have a storm please :-) and aim the camera inland?

Terry

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2578 on: January 29, 2009, 03:04:58 PM »
to rocks.

Could you stand at the end of the pier next time you have a storm please :-) and aim the camera inland?

LOL, Negg, let us know when you are going to do it and we can all tune in the webcam to see you get swept away!  :)

Sharon x

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #2579 on: January 29, 2009, 04:16:58 PM »
to rocks.

LOL, Negg, let us know when you are going to do it and we can all tune in the webcam to see you get swept away!  :)

Sharon x

I want to see it as well, but only in controlled circumstances and a bottle of Ouzo ready for resucitation :D
Life is good ;)

Booking.com