Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101680 times)

lin n jim and 23 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #2355 on: October 26, 2008, 11:21:23 PM »
Arillas Today?

Well, as the clocks went back it was getting dark at 6pm and at 11:25 pm here now it's around 15 deg outside - Brrrrrrrrrrrr!

All was not lost however because at 3 pm, this afternoon, Weggs sister and hubby went in the sea for the second time in two days and enjoyed it very much. And don't forget that the the extra hour gained is another extra hour of early sunshine.
( Even if today it was mixed in with a little cloud and small breeze )

G'night all - Time to put the cat out - ( Nice and warm in the boiler room though!)

Negg

riggers

« Reply #2356 on: October 26, 2008, 11:28:38 PM »
Negg, The Brrrrrrrrr weather is certainly creeping in. Glad your in-laws are enjoying the sea. (lucky peeps).

riggers....

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2357 on: October 27, 2008, 01:18:48 AM »
Just think. Last year on this Sunday we were sat in the Coconut enjoying another voddie coke.  Hannah and Kostas treated us like royalty as usual. Then back to Kaloudis where we were also made to feel special. Tomorrow we would meet Eggy for the first time and seriously join the forum.

It seems like a lifetime ago....... but only one year. What happened???????

Phil

riggers

« Reply #2358 on: October 27, 2008, 01:27:02 AM »
Yes Phil we first met Negg last October too, 14th i think. Hasn't changed has he . lol

Lets hope time flies and we will soon be back. :)

What's happened to our Jen.

riggers....

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2359 on: October 27, 2008, 01:32:52 AM »
Jen is in denial - she can't let it out like I do. We are both struggling to come to terms with winter in UK. Next year should be quite different.... fingers crossed.

love to you and Sue too
Phil

riggers

« Reply #2360 on: October 27, 2008, 01:35:34 AM »
Thanks Phil and back to you both.

Yes it will be a long waiting game.

riggers.........

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #2361 on: October 27, 2008, 09:18:55 AM »
Easter Sunday is 19 April 2009. I for one am planning to be there and hope to see some of you there....looking on the bright side, that is actually just under 6 months.....
Sandy x

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2362 on: October 27, 2008, 07:27:58 PM »
Arillas today ? --- i just don't know what to say or even where to start !

Late morning was very quiet and there was that very good feel of locals taking that one step back, thinking about the season that's coming to an end , and quite rightly thinking about the winter.

Billy, ( Vassilas ) at Amourada said it all, I think, with Pavorotti blaring out from the Amourada. It's what he's been waiting to do. But it sounded just right for today and I stood and listened to it, with Takis, outside the supermarket. I wished him a " Kalo Himona " , good winter, and moved on. It;s all "kalo Himona" here now.

Not many places open now and Wegg and I sat in Rainbow, this afternoon watching tables being cleared as they close tomorrow. Graham and Julie are the last guests here and will do thier own thing for the rest of the week.

Horizon is closed but Thallassa and Brouklis and Akti and Marina, plus others plod on.
The service is still good but , hey ! , everyone wants November plus.

All in all it's a great place to be at this time of year and a smiling Dimitris ( Brouklis ) with bebis tucked comfortably on back of bike says it all! _ chill out time!

Maybe a twinge on the sad side for all of you but equally for all of us here.
Where do I play darts when the Rainbow closes?
Will Malibu or Coconut get a dartboard for next year?
Will i very soon be missing you lot who share drinks/chats and bring goodies?

I can only answer a definte "YES" to the last question.

Cheers All
Negg

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #2363 on: October 27, 2008, 07:37:57 PM »
Seem's a year since weve been back and it's a week about this time last Monday we walked in. I know I havent written a report yet it will just seem to put a real end to it (if you know what I mean)  Yes Riggers Eggy's still the same old boy as he was when we first met him, think he always will be. Lovely meeting you and Sue even if we didn't see much of each other. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #2364 on: October 27, 2008, 07:42:02 PM »
Viv..those scales were a godsend.. even kaths suitcase was only grams over weight!!
we had a bet whose case was the heaviest  mine came in at 14.97 kg  kaths at 15.4 kg...cant get closer than that...mind you the cabin case was almost 12kg and they didn`t weigh it!!!

riggers

« Reply #2365 on: October 27, 2008, 07:57:08 PM »
Thanks Viv, It was lovely to meet you and Pete also. I have only known Negg a year and it seems like 20. haha

riggers...

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2366 on: October 27, 2008, 10:59:38 PM »
I have only known Negg a year and it seems like 20. haha

riggers...

Sure it's not double 20 Riggers ?
Negg

Offline wendycw

« Reply #2367 on: October 28, 2008, 12:17:57 PM »
Hi Eggy
What can I say except wish I was in Corfu this morning, very frosty here in yorkshire just finished defrosting the car and it's still October dread to think about the rest of winter!!  Still at least I can get my fix via this website I am looking forward to reading about your winter over there.

Wendy

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #2368 on: October 28, 2008, 01:55:42 PM »
Hi Kes, yep I reckon ive saved what I paid for them in one trip and you and Kath have as well with the hand luggage. Would recommend them to anybody.
So Riggers it seems like 20yrs to you can you imagen what we feel like going to see them, feels like weve known them and the other local familys for ever. Yep Neill it is meant in  a good way. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2369 on: October 28, 2008, 02:08:31 PM »
20 years??? Can you imagine Eggy (and me come to that) hobbling along to the Nut in our mid seventies to be greeted by a grey-haired Kostas and Perry.... And a grown up bebis will be in there with his latest girlfriend. Perish the thought!!

It does seem more than just 12 months though. What an amazing series of accidents  - the last minute booking, half term being late, our need to stock up with ciggies, Kaloudis on special offer... All of this led to our fateful meeting with Eggy.

How much bad luck can you have in just one year!!!! Sorry son, you know I'm joking!!

Phil

Booking.com