Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101824 times)

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #10200 on: May 18, 2023, 02:00:17 PM »
Great stuff. I'll leave it a couple of weeks for them to get up and runnkng properly and E mail Bobby to see how its going. I've a feeling Arillas is going to have a bumper year now Covids not the issue it was 👍
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10201 on: May 18, 2023, 06:31:23 PM »
Karl
I think tis all services resumed now and , as usual this time of year, I have a problem to find a place for Punto.
A good job I can park behind "Beach Kostas"
I am fairly certain we hit a 23deg this afternoon and Marina pool was busy as was the beach. I cannot remember seeing any sunbeds out though which makes me think that the local council, as usual, are slow to issue licences.
Cheers
Negg

Offline harold

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10202 on: May 20, 2023, 03:17:39 PM »
i Can confirm both the bardis sun apartments and hotel are open
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10203 on: May 25, 2023, 06:33:40 PM »
Arillas today finds me roaming around, in my 'ole Punto, trying find a bad hire car driver to purp the horn at!!

Not to be as with a 22deg temp and 28deg in the car... air con ? wot air con? I find myself at Three W for the afternoon Quiz . and.... bumped into these little buggers!!!

Erja , Paul and daughter Chloe.
( I hope these names are correct as I'm 94 now and don't even remember where the WC is!!)

There they be...at 3 W for the quiz. Rumour had it, first prize was 500e! -
(They got it as wrong as the decimal place!!)

Anyway , I stayed a while but being a quiz got a severe headach and made a run for it.
(That was a quiz question. "What can you do to keep your pet rabbit fit" - You make a .........)

I left and I am sure they won thanks to my input obviously!!
If they came second it was not my fault.
Good to see 'em
Cheers
Negg

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #10204 on: May 25, 2023, 06:46:55 PM »
You old bugger Eggy! All correct and it was a nice raucous laughter between the questions and we won another round of shots after you defarted and we became respectable 2nd in the quiz 😉🍻

Life is goog ❤️

PS. The fruit of the Blackthorn is actually sloe we learnt 😂
Life is good ;)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10205 on: May 25, 2023, 07:15:18 PM »
You old bugger Eggy! All correct and it was a nice raucous laughter between the questions and we won another round of shots after you defarted and we became respectable 2nd in the quiz 😉🍻

Life is goog ❤️

PS. The fruit of the Blackthorn is actually sloe we learnt 😂

Erja - I am not that old!!
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10206 on: May 28, 2023, 06:03:24 PM »
24 /25 deg bites yer bum if yer on a sunbed in Arillas today !!!
(Only if yer on yer belly - On yer back and all other parts may be sizzled)

A busy 'ole day and I fear an end of May build up will give us all a busy 'ole June which then takes us into a very frantic July and hectic August. ---- Roll on September , DATSWOTISAY!!

I think I did spot the Erja tribe taking it t'easy at Marina Pool but never ventured close , with the camera , because Paul is bigger than me and Chloe would have put me under arrest.
(40 years ago that would have been exciting but now it would only set my pacemaker off!!)

Tis good to see Amourada is open, evenings only, and I am told that they have a new/2nd Chef and the menu has had a re-vamp so maybe worth a visit
Normal service resumed everywhere except Vinceramos who have yet to decide. ( My thoughts only )

and for me ???? - loadsa work at home so tis good to sneak in an Ouzo or two , as a tea break.
Plus I am still coming to terms on the price increases which, sadly to say , had to happen. We all have been spoilt in the past but for a 2 week break these prices can be absorbed.
However, every afternoon alcohol breaks , for me. works out expensive.
But I have no comparison as I live in the past. I remember a gyros takeaway as 4e. (12 years ago)
What's the price of a large beer in the UK and could I get a large steak for under 22e??
Cheers
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #10207 on: May 28, 2023, 11:49:42 PM »
Swèet dreams mate  🙂

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10208 on: May 29, 2023, 02:46:50 PM »
I wonder if Vinceremos will open then? I see on the webcam that sunbeds are now on the beach. 2 weeks today...can't wait.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10209 on: May 30, 2023, 05:51:35 PM »
I wonder if Vinceremos will open then?

I drove past this afternoon and tables were displayed with some customers taking advantage of the super hospitality and food they have to offer.
SO........ now the Arillas jigsaw is now complete!!!!

25deg and all is well.

Cheers
Negg

Offline jackson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #10210 on: May 31, 2023, 11:02:12 AM »
That is good news,you also say Neil that the alcohol prices are expensive now [even your expat reduction at the Rainbow does not help you it seems] what is the price for a beer then? i am curious to know.

Offline Greenbeans

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #10211 on: May 31, 2023, 11:48:53 AM »
That is good news,you also say Neil that the alcohol prices are expensive now [even your expat reduction at the Rainbow does not help you it seems] what is the price for a beer then? i am curious to know.

Hi Jackson
I was in Italy on Lake Garda last week, the price of a 40cl draught beer ranged from 4-6 euros, so hopefully the same applies in Arillas, or even better cheaper. We arrive 3 weeks tomorrow so will be doing some consumer testing throughout the week. :):):)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10212 on: May 31, 2023, 01:33:43 PM »
Jackson
I said that alcohol prices are expensive for me as I am out every afternoon.
(May to September and of course a big chunk from my pocket money!!)
Anyone on holiday for 2/3 weeks can absorb not only drinks but food prices and these increases quite rightly were necessary. We ate out every evening when holidaying. Should we holiday again we would not change.

I do not get an ex-pat reduction and, quite honestly, do not expect one. The same applies to other places.
But ... should they be open in the Winter, such as Beach Kostas then the price will drop slightly, both for us and any late tourists.

The average price of a draught beer is e4.50 and a Mythos , I think , is e5.00.
I pay e4.50 for an Ouzo at Beach Kostas and large bottle of retsina there is e5.50.
(But I can drink that over 2 afternoons)

We live here all year round so have to watch the budget.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #10213 on: May 31, 2023, 03:46:20 PM »
I knew prices had gone up but I didn't realise they had gone up that much mate. I need to go out and sell a body part now 🤣

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10214 on: May 31, 2023, 04:55:31 PM »
Hi
For the last 4 yrs +
Metaxa  has been UK prices ,but even worse UK measures
Gone are the days when you got a glass 3/4 quarters full, unless you are a regular customer.
Val drinks Baileys ,and now we ask for the ice in a separate glass as when as some bars fill the glass with ice with very little Baileys
Fortunately I drink Metaxa without ice
Geoff

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Booking.com